supersoaker commercial - talk about supersocial commercial

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
acericardo

Post by acericardo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:47 am

Does anyone else find the new super soaker advert lame? It's quite good but a bit strange.Supersoaker Commercial
acericardo

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:53 am

I like the arena, though I'd imagine it'd get awfully slippery when wet.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:57 pm

That commercial is from last year. I agree it's lame. But hey, all super soaker commercials I've seen are pretty lame.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:47 am

Does anyone else know the location of previous commercials? I'd quite like 2 see some of the old soakers in action
acericardo

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:42 pm

We used to have them on SSCentral, but had to take them off because of space reasons. I don't know if Doom put them up again; if not, it's worth contacting him about whether he had them backed up somewhere, which is quite possible.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 pm

2002 and 2003 commercials are available temporarily. Don't forget the first Super Soaker commercial incredibly dubbed in Chinese either!

I removed the commercials because I didn't think they were worth the space... we have more than enough right now, but I still would like to use this space for other things.

The commercials I'd really like to see I sadly do not have. Check old tapes of TV and you might find one or two.

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:45 pm

those are cool put them on the site doom

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Yeah. Cool adds. Actually pretty corny but, yeah.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:48 pm

That commercial is from last year. I agree it's lame. But hey, all super soaker commercials I've seen are pretty lame.

acericardo wrote:Does anyone else know the location of previous commercials? I'd quite like 2 see some of the old soakers in action

I mentioned it before on WWN, but Super Soaker Comercials only started to become lame since the SS MDS wich was a piecefull waterbattle on the beach. But the SS50 and SS100 comercials were extremly cool.

I still remember 1 SS50 comercial and 2 SS 100 comercilas.

SS50 Comercial(movie posted above on the earlier post) - A kid from school got bullied by some kids with squirt guns. The bullied kid went to the garage, put on a leather jaket, gloves, sunglasses and picked up the SS 50. Then he went out and bullied back. The kids ran home.

SS100 Comercial I- Similar to SS50 comercial. A kid from school got bullied by 2 other kids with squirt guns. The bullied kid went to the garage, put on a leather jaket, gloves, sunglasses and picked up the SS 100. Then he practiced target shooting at a photo of the bullies in the garage. After it droped down on the floor, he went out and bullied back. The kids ran home.

SS100 Comercial II- Two Boys got anoyed by a group of kids. So they went to the garage, dessed up like mobsters and hunted everyone of those kids down with SS100s. After geting drenched, the kids run home in terror.

Sure, those comercials were politicaly incorrect, somewhat exaturated(they only pumped the soakers once to simulate a shotgun function) and nowdays most kids will consider them mean spirited or just simply won't like them. But back then in 92 when I was 11, I just wanted to buy a Super Soaker to kick someones ass. Same with my classmates. And that was a twisted, yet pleasant experience. Anyways, the SS50 and SS 100 comercials were great.

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1114060398
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:02 am

hmm....i've seen the ss50 in chinese.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:50 pm

I just saw an Arctic Shock Commercial on TV. I was doing stuff on my computer and then I heard the voice of the narrator for the new STE comercial. I turned to look at my TV and there it was. Odd that they only advertised one soaker though.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:07 pm

^ of the crop of Super Soakers this year, the Arctic Shock needs all the help it can get to sell, I suppose. :goofy:

The Flash Flood, Aquapack Devastator, and Triple Shot are all great blasters for their respective sizes. The Arctic Shock... well.. oh well..

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:54 am

That is indeed a sight to behold... 8-O

I find it odd that it really did use to be a water GUN, and now its more of just a means of propelling water forward.

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:40 am

The supersoaker website has been updated and it has got a new advert. It features the flash flood, aquapack devastator, triple shot and the artic shock.New Commercial
acericardo

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:07 pm

^ thanks, but actually NiborDude already noted and linked to the newer commercial and new SuperSoaker.com site in the "Super Soaker Update!" thread.

Moreover, how come no one talks about the Mt. Tiki Soki commercial? :goofy:

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Sun May 01, 2005 1:04 pm

Cause it's for babies, and frankly, a bit queer
acericardo

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Strange to some, but it DOES use CPS-tech! :goofy:

Oh well, I'm sure smaller kids will enjoy it. With a little planning, it actually might be useful as an active-type of water mine, but to get it to fire when you want would be a little trickier to accomplish.

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 pm

yeah, but it doesn't detonate when u get close. AND u know when it's goin 2 blow up cause his eyes r open!:D
acericardo

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 01, 2005 1:27 pm

^ well, to make it a mine, it'd need to be given a trigger. As it works on built-in pressure, it'd possibly require some sort of hidden platform that, when stepped on, would squeeze that added last bit of water into it to get it to fire. Of course, this also means he'd need to be filled just to the point of firing. As for eyes open or not, he'd definitely need to be hidden somewhere to be effective (not to mention surprising).

Granted, my thoughts are in need of a few more details to work easily and properly. Just pushing up ideas.

...and this post just gave me a better idea for a water mine... hmm... I need to do more thinking on it.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon May 02, 2005 6:34 am

Heh. Those commercials are hilarious. They make all of the soakers seem way better than they really are. Even the EES line. Also, on the 1-3-5 commercial they make the nozzle output look larger than it is.