Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
martianshark

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Man, you've got some good stuff.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm

@soakinader: You're going to want to reinforce the trigger mechanisms on the Tiger Shark and make sure all ball valves are lubed. The Tiger Shark's valve operating arm on mine lasted a few years and broke. (2007-2012) Use silicone grease or spray for ball valves; it's necessary to do this once every few years for best operation. Stiff valves mean stiff triggers and reduced battle practicality, and also break the control mechanisms faster. This applies to the Flash Flood and Tiger Shark, as well as numerous other blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 pm

@Dux, are the Quick Blasts really worth 5$? I mean, I have no end of SM1.5K's and SM/AT3K's. And no one to sell them to. And while you are reading this, picked up my first Elite find- a retaliator- for 2$.
The Flash Floods I can fix when I have time. No clue when that will be.

@Marauder Thanks, I actually saw the blue/orange version of the SC600 at a beach last summer. It was lying on the ground, I picked it up to look at it and some kid freaked out, grabbed it and ran back to his parents, despite my efforts to explain I was only looking (and I even tried to buy it). If I ever do find (any) water gun, I will always post it here.
While I'm at it, I really like the AP Gorgon & the Orca. I would love to get a HP Gorgon for comparison. They were all made from the same mold.

@Martianshark, thanks, but do you mean overall or recently? Either way I guess. :]

@CA99, I plan on overhauling the Tiger Shark and the Orca and making them battle-ready. Not that I really have a battle to prepare for or anything... and as for the Flash Flood/Arctic Blasters I have, I'm pretty sure the regular nozzle spring on all 5 of them were broken. One day I'll take some powertools, crack them all open at once, and see what's what.
What I want now is some cheap Hydrocannons...
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Good call. Just don't literally crack them open like what Marauder does LOL. :goofy:

(I'm kidding.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Found a Thunderstorm at Goodwill. Yeah, it might as well be a squirt pistol, but it was only $2. I think I'll try some voltage mods.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 am

CPS 1000 and SC 400
I've come to kick ass and drink milk, and i've finished my milk

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 am

Annnd I'm back with more soaker goodness! I was walking through my ghetto VV, and this is what there was.
So I almost didn't see it. The orange cap is what caught my eye. But the shape... I knew I had found something...
First thought: What the heck is that?
Second thought: That can't be a real cps 1000...
Third thought: Holy crap it is.
It's faded, it's abused, it's covered in stickers but it was cheap (6$!) and it WORKS, plus if it ever needs to be repaired or modded both caps pop right off. (MK I ?) It's actually the 2nd most expensive water gun I have ever bought from a thrift store. At first I was planning on removing the stickers but now I kind of like how it looks.

Now for my next find, two days later at Talize. It's ironic somehow that I was just asking about this gun on another thread, and BAM I find one for 6$: (which makes it the 2nd 2nd most expensive)
It's a pump-shooting Blazer! (*Cough* Expedition *Cough*). This is actually a pretty awesome gun, it has a really neat "semi-tracked" pump, a carrying strap, and some good nozzles, one of which looks to be at least 5X, along with three others plus the unnecessary fan blast! Yay!
I am finished with the repairs on my Tiger Shark (I might have already said that), and soon I will fix the Orca, my new Blazer, and eventually I will get back to my broken CPS trio.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat May 11, 2013 1:19 am

Nice.

I just got a Python 2. Really nice gun. Super comfortable.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I found three very surprising water guns today.
One is a star wars wookie blaster that I bought for 4$. It's a pretty weird looking gun. Anyone want it? Before I return it?
The other two guns was a working green Flash Flood and a working Water Warriors Scorpion. The surprising part? 10$ each. That's practically robbery.
I might cave on the Scorpion, but in general I am just in utter disbelief that either of these things went above 5$.
EDIT: Here they are on the shelf. Still. I am just pissed that they are priced so high. *Double edit* I did NOT buy either of them. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, they can sit on that shelf for the next month. Unless anyone has some tips on how to lower the price somehow ? ;)
UPDATE: Bought the scorpion two days later. Here is how: (Warning: ranting may occur)

I thought long and hard about it. 9.99 is too much, so is 8.99 and 7.99. Come on, 8$ + tax is almost 10$! No freaking way was I paying double my normal price for water guns. I decided that my maximum price was 5.99, no more, no less. If it was 6.99 I would just leave it. At least for the Scorpion and definitely the Flash Flood.
So I went back to the value village with the overpriced Scorpion and Flash Flood. I found the flash flood on the shelf with only a shred of a sticker on it. I had originally planned on shredding every 9.99 sticker until they repriced the durned things, but it either wasn't repriced or someone beat me to it. Then I found the Scorpion. 9.99$. I was still annoyed, but from some research on the internet I decided to try a new tactic. I walked up to the front and asked for a price check. I was directed to a clerk who called for the manager (or something) over the intercom. At that point I turned on the charm. I talked about all the water guns I bought for 3-5$ over the years at all the Value villages, and how I couldn't believe how crazy the price was, and how it should have been half that. I just kept talking. Mind you, I'm a tall imposing guy, a regular in the store, and it was a little busy. After a tense 30+ seconds of waiting, she took the gun and wrote on the sticker, 5.99$. She said "I can do this for you but I'm not allowed to go any lower...". I smiled internally as I said "Well.... I can live with that." She cancelled the manager call and sent me to the cashier. And boom, just like that, I walked out with the Scorpion for less than 7$.

So now you know. If the price ain't right, complain.
Last edited by soakinader on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 am

You must have a crazy awesome collection at this point. Great find on the Scorpion.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 am

Wow! Very nice find indeed. I love the Blazer. Now we know it was also released as the Expedition. I like how the Zero sticker looks on the 1000. Mind if I use the picture of the expedition as a reference on my site? I'll cite you of course.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri May 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you a-very much. It may sound odd, but I don't think my collection is really that great... And I'm picking up my CPS 2000 today! XD
So the Expedition is now repaired and working fine. I got to test it a little bit, and I found out some interesting things.
The smallest nozzle on the blazer has noticably shorter range (3-5 feet) than the slightly larger and the mid-sized streams. I see no point in this nozzle and I normally would consider drilling it. The two middle settings get great range and lamination. I don't really have anything to compare them with, but the ranges are good, and the output is forceful on the larger of the two.
Then there is the massive nozzle. Lamination and range is poor, resulting in a sputtering spray that isn't quite 5X. From looking at the internals, I can see that the problem is the small piping restricting flow. I'm thinking of sticking some tiny straws into the nozzle and see if I can improve the range at all. Time to steal some coffee straws...
I do like how the CPS Zero looks. I'm not much of a skater, but they sure look cool.
You can use the pictures of the Expedition as long as you promise to replace them with better pictures when I update them.

PS Wookie blaster is being returned in 2 days...

EDIT: The Orca, Tiger Shark, and Expedition all work great now! It's amazing what you can do with a little lubrication. OK, the Expedition needed some help with the spring, but anyways...
First, the Expedition has identical nozzles to the Orca. I have a picture. Check my minus page if you want. However, the Orca has much more power and range than the Expedition/Blazer. And, for some reason, right when the Orca is about to hit the OPRV, it starts leaking out of the PC area like mad for a little bit. I'm not sure if I should just leave it alone or what. It doesn't leak otherwise.
*Double edit* Someone took a drill or a hot poker or somethiing to the Orca and made a hole in the edge of the PC. My guess is that at high pressure it expands enough to expose the broken rubber. I probably should open the PC and take a closer look, but instead I jammed some JB weld in the hole and I'm leaving it to dry for a few days. We'll see what happens.
Annnd the CPS 2000 is a mega-disappointment. Check my repair thread if you haven't already. *And now it's mega-awesome!*
Last edited by soakinader on Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat May 18, 2013 10:44 pm

I just picked up a XXP 175, a XXP 275 and a CPS 1500 at a garage sale this morning.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Wow, great finds! I really should check out more garage sales...
How much? The XXP 275 and the CPS 1500 are two of my favorites.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I got everything for $10

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue May 21, 2013 1:48 am

Holy guacamole! That is just about insane. Let's see some glory shots! We want to know just how lucky you are....
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am

Hang on I'm modding the xxp 275. Ill take pictures when I'm done

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am

Recently acquired a NIB Super Soaker 100. Strictly for collection purposes, but always wanted to get one since it is the first of the separate pressure chamber water blaster models produced. While not as sturdy as the new Nerf Super Soaker models, this 22-year-old water blaster puts to shame anything under the NSS brand over the past two years!

:cool:

Edit: 22-year-old water blaster. What-the...?! :goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm

soakinader wrote:Holy guacamole! That is just about insane. Let's see some glory shots! We want to know just how lucky you are....
here you go: Image

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Air pressure blasters always look goofy when one PC is very different than the other. Not sure what that means for performance though.

1500's are beast. I got to use one at MOAB and everything about the design/feel is rock solid.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare