Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
soakinader

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by soakinader » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:26 pm

I have to say, a two hour trip for a good deal is worth it. I think 3 hours and 10$ got me my CPS 1500 3x, 5 hours got me my Monster, (which was thankfully broken, so I managed to get it for 20$), and my SS 300 for-which-I-won't-say-how-much. Let's just say the guy wouldn't budge AT ALL on price. At least I didn't pay 45$ for the Monster. Even though it had a major pressure leak, and was clearly leaking all over me, the guy still wanted 40$ for it. His reason? "My wife is selling it, I can't lower the price". If the guy wasn't so whipped I would have got it for no more than 10$. Oh well! It works great now! :)

Completely unrelated: Where can I find pictures of super soaker nozzles for my avatar/picture?

Good job on the CPS 3200. I still have my beyblades.. which ones are rare, anyways?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:30 am

You got 3 CPS 1500s for $10 a piece???

Isoaker has the most nozzle images. Mostly on guns from newer reviews. I have a few, mostly they are shot pictures rather than straight on nozzle pics. I don't think any other site has any. I should start taking nozzle pics too when I get home. So much work to do... but I will love it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I'd like to take an epic picture of my XXP 275's nozzles for my picture.
On topic, I (accidentally) picked up an AP Gorgon today, and guess what? It has a spread nozzle (+) just like a Colossus! It shoots pretty well with it, too. All FOUR of the other nozzles seem pretty much identical in width. It is quite sad.
So that makes three marks of AP Gorgon's. Isoaker needs to make note of this... I'll get a picture up later.

I'd like to drill the largest round nozzle as big as it will go before the range starts to drop too much, and then amp up the other nozzles as well. Anyone have any success/failures with modding the Gorgon nozzles?
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 am

Wow. Yes, please do take pictures of the nozzles! I am very pleased with whatever version of the AP Gorgon I have. It had the same range as DX's Colossus, but was able to shoot that far on the larger nozzle. I'm still not sure if I like the Colossus or the Gorgon better. The Colossus just feels better, but the Gorgon can soak you faster, has greater field life, and yeah ok I like the colors better :lol:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

My gorgon has the same blast as the Colluois as well, I just call it typhoon blast because Thats what SS called it on guns like the 3200.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah, Water Warriors loves rereleasing blasters with different nozzles. There was the '06 Lightning and Blazer, both with more variety than the originals, Gorgon this year, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:09 pm

I found three Max-D 3000's at a thrift store. I also found a...thing. It claims to be a "Power Soaker Pumper II" made by Larami. Never heard of such, so I looked it up. My version is different than iSoaker's - it only has 1 nozzle. I haven't tested it yet because I just got home from NJ.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Well, at least the name has a ring to it. :goofy:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:44 am

Hey, didn't Scott have a Pumper II? I think he brought it to Hydropocalypse and used it in the soakfest. I believe it only had one nozzle as well.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:22 am

he posted a review on isoaker, with mediocre results.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 pm

My latest soaker would be a Water Warriors Colossus! It was hard to get it, because I had to convince my parents to get it, and they thought I already had too many soakers. I get really annoyed at that, especially because I haven't even penetrated the surface.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 pm

You can never have enough super soakers.
My modified Gorgon, with the cross/burst setting. Believe it or not, the two smallest settings on it now were the largest and the smallest settings previously. :oo:
Wasn't too hard. Left the tiny N1 alone, took a drill bit that fit the largest N7 exactly, drilled out the N3, and then took a larger bit to the N5.
The new largest nozzle is 9/64 in diameter (about 1/8") and empties out faster than the Burst setting, while still getting maximum range (though for not very long, being AP). Dram. If this thing was Hydro Power like I thought it was originally, it would be comparible to CPS 5X. As it stands, the output peaks around 5X for less than a second, then begins to drop in range. Strangely, it takes about ten seconds to empty the firing chamber completely, and with a 17oz capacity, that gives it an average of ~1.7X. So basically, unless you are standing over your target, you have to shoot in short bursts while pumping in between to be effective. And who said AP was any good?
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:50 pm

I did, and others too. But not exactly every AP, but the ss300, xp 250, etc...
Anyway, that's a nice mod!

on to recent blasters, my 3200 came in 2 days ago, made a solar shower backpack for it (it didn't come with ye olde original.) And Baby Captain Xerxes(XP 250) should be here in a day or so.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 am

Fishfan wrote:My latest soaker would be a Water Warriors Colossus! It was hard to get it, because I had to convince my parents to get it, and they thought I already had too many soakers. I get really annoyed at that, especially because I haven't even penetrated the surface.
I know exactly what that feels like. It was hard enough convincing them to let me spend my own money on a FlashFlood (when all I had was an XP70) let alone the Colossus or the 1500 (which, if I'm honest, they still don't really know about :goofy: ).

'My' latest (technically it was a present for my dad, but he'll never use it :goofy: ) is an Electrostorm. Probably one of the most useful of the new SS line anyway. :goofy:

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Andrew-
'My' latest (technically it was a present for my dad, but he'll never use it :goofy: ) is an Electrostorm. Probably one of the most useful of the new SS line anyway. :goofy:
Eh, a backup for a backup! Sure! :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Recently got another Super Soaker XP 15 (those lil' guys are cute) and a Nerf Super Soaker Assault Bunker. More on the latter coming soon.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 pm

I got an Electrostorm at a thrift store purely because I want to get stats for it to show people how much it sucks. It was only 2 bucks and it came with batteries so meh.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 am

Well, at least now I'm not the only one who has one apart from iSoaker, haha. Does this mean that we'll have an indoor duel in store for CT?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

I'll bring my lightningstorm! :goofy: *dribble* *dribble* :(

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I just got around to uploading the images today so... here we go!
(Two weeks ago...)
So this week, out of nowhere, I managed to find a second, nice Speedloader 1000 :D and my very first Monster X. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the Monster X. This was at my "ghetto" Value Village, where the only (good) water guns I had found there before were my Speedloaders.
But there it was! A Monster X for only 5$! (I took the sticker off before the picture). What great luck! It has been a while since my last great find (CPS 1700 + XXP 275) so I suppose it was about time! XD
Anywho, this particular Monster X is in... shall we say "Interesting, but complete (almost)" condition? The pump handle would slide a few inches back or forwards when you tried to pump it, and it wouldn't hold air pressure, so I was a little worried. Plus it is a little rusty. And faded. And beat up. But hey, it has the strap, the nozzles and SC look good, and it has the reservoir cap (which is a miracle mind you). The tether on the cap broke, and the cap itself is an older "flap" design (like the spot where you put your straw through the lid of a drink, only rubber) and it leaks if you hold it upside down. =P Additionally, the sticker is missing (with a faint outline on the left side where it should be), along with the O ring (not that it matters with my UQFD), and the nozzles have fractions for the different settings, like 8 1/2X instead of 8.5X like my small Monster has.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone have any idea if this is a MK1 or MK2? The only difference I know of is the sticker, but I would imagine there are other subtle differences. (Like the nozzles, or possibly the cap design).

So, I managed to test the Monster X out, and after a few spurts out the nozzle, the chamber sealed, and I was in business! The trigger feels a little... soft. It is easy to pull, but after you start spraying the trigger slides back a fair bit. Not a big deal, and it seems to seal great now, no more pump-shooting. Ranges seemed a little lackluster (although I did all of my testing on 11.5X XD). I just wanted to make sure it worked, it was pretty difficult just to get a few full shots out of it. Once the pump is fixed I will give it a proper "welcome" into my armory. There will be war.

*Update, pump is fixed, after some more testing I realized that the nozzle o ring was badly worn! On this blaster, there are two plastic ridges that hold the selector parallel to the nozzle plate (and where the o ring should be), and because of this, simply tightening the screw won't work. I thought maybe I should try swapping it for another CPS o ring (that can be tightened); I can't find my magic bag of o rings at the moment for some reason. Oh well, I'll just go get a new one.

Will post a write-up for the pump handle eventually. Pictures are up, writing is mostly done, somebody go ahead and ask.

Before I do though, I just thought I would do another shout- out. The handle IS closed all of the way, but now it slides a little bit side to side. Maybe half a centimeter- enough to annoy me, but not to worry me. Because my Monster X is so well... used, I am not sure if the handle is just worn down here too*, or if all Monster X are like this.
*Just wait until you see the pictures of the handle. This thing has been pumped roughly so much that grooves have been cut into the plastic. O.o Madness!

For anyone that has read this entire post, I would like to give you a cookie.
For the record: This gun is awesome. Just freaking beastly awesome. I can list pros and cons all day long, but it ends with "This thing is just AWESOME!"
And I haven't even seen it's full potential yet. XD
I find 'em, I fix 'em.