Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by DX » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 am

I'm ok with that now that I know it means "leader" in Latin :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am

Why your username change? And everyone is still going to call you DX…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 am

I may have to ask a mod to change mine at some point to help make life less confusing for everyone (If I can ever think of something. It's indecision that left me with what I have now :goofy: ).

Like atvan, I'll probably still use DX rather than Dux or Duxburian. One less letter makes all the difference! :goofy:

On topic:

I've got the Colossus now. (mentioned elsewhere but what the heck)

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Duxburian wrote:I'm ok with that now that I know it means "leader" in Latin :p
Well then, O' wisest Dux, thou hast earned thyself a worthy title, my good lord!! Thou takest thine followers with... I'm out...

Back on topic, tried the Renegade/Falafel, my first experience with any of this year's new nozzles, I like it! The smaller 2 are perhaps a little too similar (both being about 2-3x), but I prefer that to both being .5-1x
Range isn't otherworldly, but this thing should be able to hold its own against bigger soakers for a while.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 am

Anyone know what the heck is going on with ebay sellers calling the Monster X's "CPS 3010"? I have searched the net but the only references I have found to CPS 3010's have been from one stupid seller to the next. There is no such X as CPS 00X0 anything!
On a side note, there is a stupid number of people on ebay with "CPS 2000 MK 2 $$$$$" asking 150-300$ for them. They get the mark right, but then they think it is the rare/valuable version? Retards. When will they learn?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 am

The "3010" MX has been relisted forever. What he hopes to do is snare someone at that ridiculous price eventually. Despite being relisted so many times, a sale at said price would more than offset all the accumulated Ebay fees. Thus, it can float for months and I think that's actually been up since before January.

MK2s can sell for over $200 and the record is like $305. They have been down in value ever since oh like 2006. Now that the MK1 has sold for $530, price inflation should push MK2s up again. They are still nice and cheap in the winter, which is why I have 5 of them lolz.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Same reason It is not uncommon to see CPS 3030s (1200s). It is a serial number or something and one of the only places with text on the gun if the sticker falls off.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:30 pm

DX gave my brothers an XP 75 and an XXP 175 for their birthday today, but they don't work. The 75 is in beautiful condition, and just needs a new O-ring on it's reservoir; should be an easy fix. The 175 is missing it's pump, however. Now before I try to find/make a replacement, I figure I might as well ask; does anybody have any spare XXP 175 pumps that they'd be willing to part with? I'll pay $5 USD (plus shipping.) for one.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 am

SEAL, when you get a new O-Ring that fits please post it in the important parts thread. The 75 is a very good gun for soakfests. The 175 is a lot of fun, although I'd definitely use the 75 over it.

My new guns: Defender (NIB), Max D 2000 (NIB), Renegade (NIB), Hydrocannon (NIB), Colossus (NIB), SS 20 mk2 (NIB), SS 20 mk1, SC 400, Splashzooka, XP 40, Storm 2, Storm 2200e.

I look forward to trying out all these guns when I get home and writing up reviews. I haven't been able to find a review for the Storm 2200e anywhere online yet, and there doesn't seem to be any stats other than capacity and size for either mark of the SS 20. I'm not sure how many of these guns I will actually keep and how many I will resell, but it will be a lot of fun to test these out this fall/winter.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 pm

I finally got the solar shower for the backpack today. It is funny how it took me months to get the part, but only minutes to attach it. I now consider my APH done, though a strap is still in the works.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 am

My CPS 1000 and 1200 came in while I was at Downpour (of coarse, since that's what I ordered them for :goofy: ) The 1000 works great and makes about 40ft, the plastic is a little faded, and it is missing all but the Super Soaker sticker, but still not bad for the price. The CPS 1200 is another story, it also gets about 40ft but has a leak in the pressure chamber some where. I haven't been too good at fixing guns before, but if I get it apart is there a way to fix something like that? It is a shame since this is the one with a strap, I would put it on the 1000, but the clips are so strong I can't get it off!
What is really annoying is that it probably got the leak in rout since the idiot left water in it when he shipped it!

In other news, I did some research and my CPS 2100 is a MK I, so now I want to fix that more then ever!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm

- Bought a CPS 1200 mk2 at a Nerf war for $10 plus a PVC wye.
- Bought a WW Ultimate Bandit for 99 cents at a thrift store.
- Bought something special off Ebay for a boatload of money. Even after haggling you don't wanna know what it cost. This special soaker has...a long pressure chamber...longer than its other version... :cps2000:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 am

Dux the hint you gave tells me it is one of two guns CPS 2000 mk 1 or CPS 3200 witch is it?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 am

This special soaker has...a long pressure chamber...longer than its other version... :cps2000:
It's gotta be a mk1 2000. Hence the 2000 smiley. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:33 am

Andrew wrote:
This special soaker has...a long pressure chamber...longer than its other version... :cps2000:
It's gotta be a mk1 2000. Hence the 2000 smiley. :goofy:
Though, technically, the Original Super Soaker 50 has a longer reservoir/pressure chamber than the Classic version. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

Sounds like you got a replacement for that MK2 with the falling-apart camo cover...

In other news, I did buy an O-ring for the 75, but I haven't tried putting it on yet. Haven't been feeling well for the past few days.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 am

isoaker wrote: Though, technically, the Original Super Soaker 50 has a longer reservoir/pressure chamber than the Classic version. :goofy:

:cool:
Not to mention would also be ridiculously expensive.

Dux you tease :goofy:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 am

I just won a CPS 2500 on ebay
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Not to mention would also be ridiculously expensive.

Dux you tease
The seller originally wanted $385 for it, but had BIN or Best. So I put in $250 and waited for him to reject it like the other 4 offers before me. The others were auto-rejected, but evidently mine was enough that he had to manually review it. Well, he counter-offered $360. I counter-offered that with $290, enough of an increase to show that I mean business, but also continuing to show that I thought his price was too high. He countered again with $300, and sent a msg too, so I could tell he actually was going for this sale. So, I accepted the $300. With insured shipping, it's $315.

Now if this were 2004, I would have never done that, considering $305 was the peak for an mk1. But now, with one selling for $532 and $1,600 offered for a NIB, it's got some potential. Not sure if I actually want to risk using this thing, haha. I mean I've wanted one forever, but now that I have one...could have bought a TV...or a computer...or a kayak...for that price. But, seeing as I already have a TV and a computer and a kayak...I bought a 2000 mk1.

Congrats on your new 2500, TheSoaker. Ebay's been flooded with those things all year long, it's definitely a good time to buy them up. Hopefully it works well.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah, what's up with 2500s all over the place. As well as 4100s, Max D 3000s, SS 20s. Some odd mixes for sure. And 3 SS 300s this year! There weren't any online for 2 years prior to this.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.