Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by DX » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm

I went thrifting again with a friend. Scored a Helix, a WW Hornet, a pair of WW Crickets, and a CPS 4100 in excellent condition. This is the first time I have ever encountered CPS at a thrift store.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:38 am

What'd you get a Helix for? Testing? Selling? I actually really like the 4100. My team used it a lot, but at the same time, for being the same size as a 1500 and almost the size of a 2500 it is kinda underwealming. It'd be interesting to try an LRT replacement mod in one.... oh wow I think I just convinced myself to get a 4100 and try this now.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 am

I traded one of my avengers for a scatter blast
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:13 am

Why?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:10 pm

What'd you get a Helix for? Testing? Selling?
Didn't want to leave that store empty-handed. It only cost me $2.61 anyway.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 pm

You need to tape a twig from a pine on the side. Then it's a hardcore helix.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Nice, I bought an Optimus Prime edition of the Aquashock Secret Strike for $2.74 NIB. Served me well to hand out to opponents in college hahaha. I hope to get at least $3 for it on Ebay.
atvan wrote:You need to tape a twig from a pine on the side. Then it's a hardcore helix.
hahahahahaha

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Just got a WW Gorgon good range respectable power, pump is stiff but use will fix that.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Dude, I have a question; does the stream on the Gorgon break up very much? It did on the Colossi that I used, and I didn't like it at all. I got a total of 4 kills with it in two rounds, and 5 kills with a 2000 in one round, plus however many more with my 2700. It sort of changed my mind a little about buying one, though I'll probably still try.

And the Helix was one of the reasons why we lost so badly in the first battle of Thunder Gulch. Why did we have to use them when we had a freakin' SNEAK ATTACK laying on one of the picnic tables?! Don't know what else we had, but it would've been interesting if Scott had his triple-syringe-thing then. :D Ever since that round, my brothers and I have deliberately left the piston guns home so we wouldn't have to do a round with them, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:08 pm

STREAM MACHINE

As for the Gorgon, I didn't get to use it enough so...the oncoming storm will have to let us know baout that. I really like my Gorgon though.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:16 pm

I wish I had a Stream Machine. I probably wouldn't get one though; I'd rather get a Water Blaster XLR cannon, since it's made in the U.S., and apparently is very durable. I think the range is about the same, even though they advertise 60 feet while Stream Machine says 70. A homemade one would be even better, but it would probably cost more, and I'm too lazy to build one. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Steam Machines probably do have higher potential range, because IIRC they have a larger nozzle.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 pm

The Gorgon's streams seem to hold together better than my 1200 but that said it's power is notasably less when your shooting. Overall it is a great gun (so far, I haven't used it in battle so I can't give insight into that).

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 am

When DX and I tested his Colossus vs my Gorgon they both shot the same distance, but the Gorgon did it with more output. So, based on that alone you'd think that you'd have more of a chance of hitting your target. I'll have to bring it to Conn and maybe we can use it in a battle vs Colossus and Vindicator.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Gorgon review to come soon, for the record it soaks people faster than my 1200 :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I just found a CPS 1700 and a CPS 2000 at Value Village for 5$ each!
Feast your eyes:
CPS 1700:
CPS 2000:

Haha, it's actually an XXP 275 with a CPS 2000 sticker slapped on the side. I think it has the same strap/reservoir cap as the 2000 (can anyone confirm this?) It has got to be the best air pressure gun I have ever used (barring the SS300, which is fragile). It is just so much fun to shoot. I guess this is like 4/9ths of the joy selecting nozzles on a Monster XL gives.
The story goes, I walk into the toy section, and bam! An XXP 275 with a CPS 2000 sticker (and the XXP sticker too). So I start searching the store frantically. From half way across the room, I spot the bulbous green end of the 1700. I didn't know what it was for sure, but I had a sneaking suspicion that it was a CPS 1500 or something else good and green, and so I booked it across the store. Not nearly as embarassing as that time I nearly tackled someone who I thought was reaching for a (MY) CPS 2500. XD
I scoured that VV every day for a week, but to no avail. But you know what? I missed an XXP 275 before, I found a new one, and I know that I will find a CPS 2000 one day...
It's funny, DX, I hadn't found a single good super soaker (that I can remember) in all of my years looking for nerf guns at thrift stores. And I was looking for a good water gun to convert, too. But in the last year, I found my first CPS 1000 at a salvation army for 3$, and since using it in a water fight against some vaporizers, I was hooked. So far, I have found two CPS 1000, a CPS 1200, CPS 1700, CPS 2500, and a CPS 3000 with no backpack at various thrift stores, along with my speedloaders XD
Speaking of which, I REALLY want DX's speedloader 2000. Name your price, man! Or at least respond to my PM's! DX -That's right, used your nickname as an emoticon!
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Picked up a Hydrocannon for 6$. Let me say, that compared to everything else I have bought for cheaper (Hint ^ Hint ^) I am very disappointed. I do have a mod planned though.. more on that later. I just don't get the Hydrocannon. It is supposed to be 20mL pump volume, and output is indeed ~200mL, but it takes a good 20+ pumps to fill the chamber. In 20 pumps, I could have filled my CPS 1500! The other problem is that the water breaks up and only half of it goes 30 feet. The rest of it falls down short, down to 10 feet in front of me. 10 foot effective range? Seriously? I need to try a laminator... and on top of that, the trigger valve is slow to close. This thing is being buried for a while until the day of it's rebirth... More on that later.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Just got my Monster X ('02 version), took about 2 combined hours of travelling to get it, but it was cheap and I don't lead a very eventful life, so very much worth it.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:00 pm

just won a cps 3200 offa ebay, and bought a xp 250....the future xp 500!

hopefully i'll sell my old spinning tops called beyblades for at least $100. i have a few rare ones, but back to topic. Sellin those could rack up enough to get a cps 2000 mk1 and ss300 from someone. :D

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Nice work! You're being active!