Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:56 am

Nice find, but how much did you burn in gas? :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:04 am

I don't know if I like the 2001 color scheme all that much more than the 2000 one. Silver, yellow, and purple just do not go well together at all in my eyes. Replace the purple with black and the yellow with red, then we're getting somewhere. Of course, I definitely prefer camo over anything else.

That aside, nice scores!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:38 pm

darthmeow wrote:Nice! I like the 2001 color scheme for the 2700, much better than the 2000 one I have. Was it already missing the nozzle cover?
No, as soon as I got it I threw away the nozzle cover and broke off a piece of the sticker. 0.o Just kidding, I have no reason to remove the cover if it still had one. Plus don't you think I would have had the piece in the background somewhere?
@Isoaker, I actually took transit, and with my monthly pass and about 5 different buses it only costed me time, not money.
@SEAL, I really like the Red/Silver/Black look of the CPS 1-3-5; and I have considered repainting my other 2700 like that for a long time now. I even have a thread for that. However, this 2700 is in decent shape and I have no plans to paint it. Also, I like the silver, it's a strange color scheme but honestly it stands out less than the standard purple-yellow. People usually take the CPS 1000 first and the 1200 last...
Oh, and while I was out today I saw this:
That's a CPS 2100... knockoff with a fake MAX-D 6000 nozzle on the front. It appear to be little more than a pinch-valve PR gun that shoots out the middle of the "selector".
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:11 pm

So the other day I picked up this:
It's an Air Hogs Vector water-rocket launcher! It's the big brother to the Warpstream I picked up on a whim a few months back. I have to say- the Warpstream is a lot of fun. But compared in size, the Vector makes the Warpstream look like a little tiny dollar store toy. I can't wait to test it out!

I have, however, tested out my new CPS2700 and the Aquapack Devastator. The CPS 2700 works as expected; a little bit of water gets left in the laminator after each shot, little bit of pump lag, the power is nice and the range is acceptable. Overall it's a solid piece in good condition.
As for the Devastator, I think that the name isn't well suited for this little blaster :D . It does shoot a nice stream, and farther than the 2700 to boot. Filling it wasn't a problem, but I was perplexed by the clear plastic tube with a hole on the left shoulder strap attached to the fast-fill port. The right tube has a float for an indicator; the only purpose of the left tube I can find is to leak water when you put the bag down. I may have to plug that hole XP. Also, I found that the gun was easy to pump initially but as the reservoir depleted (about half way) it became considerably harder to pump. I imagine gravity was helping.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Cue rant from marauder...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:37 pm

I used to have one of those.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

@soakinader: I have both the Vector and Warp Stream... both are fun water rocket toys and the Vector can go a good deal higher than the Warp Stream rockets. That said, I also lost one of my Warp stream rockets to a tree - all I can say is make sure you use that thing in a good-sized clearing! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Hehehe...
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

So for the third time in twelve months, I walk into the same *ghetto Value Village and spot something big, yellow and blue on the shelf. What I found... I couldn't believe my eyes.
This is the legendary Buzz Bee Aqua Pak! At first I thought it was a fake; but it is exactly the same as a Hydra Pak inside and out, Hydro Power and all. It looks pretty strange at first, with the name "Aqua Pak" where the Buzz Bee Water Warriors emblem should be. There isn't a mark of Buzz Bee anywhere I can see (maybe inscribed on the gun?). Oh, and notice how the handle is missing? The manager was at the front of the store and sold it to me for 3.35$ . After I bought it, I decided to go back and look around for the pump handle. I scoured the scarcely stocked shelves and didn't find it. Then I turned around, and at the bottom of a bookcase, lying on the ground, was the pump handle. Score!
*Maybe I should come up with a proper name for this Value Village. It's a dusty, dirty, musty store in a rough neighborhood, but it is close to my school and it has given me a lot of [broken] guns (Three Hydra/Aqua Paks and a Monster X!).
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Just received two new Speed Loader 3000s for $10 each. They are amazing. Get them while they last: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Loader-Do ... 1107580776
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Your Aquapack Devastator sounds like its a little beaten up inside Soakinador. I have owned 3. My first Devastator did have some leakage problems from the cap, and you're right, it sucked getting soaked by your own gun! That only happened as the blaster got older however.

My brother used to have a Speed Loader 3000. Pretty devastating in soakfests.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Yeah, that Speedloader 3000 has been up forever. I posted about it a while back. Free shipping on orders of 25$ or more, so you really do only pay 10$ a piece! (if you buy 3)
...I would buy some but I would prefer to have the yellow kind to match all of my other guns.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 pm

It actually is the yellow/purple version I received. The picture is wrong.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

I got 3 a while ago, they are pretty awesome.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Wow. That seller was a total jerk to me a few months back; I guess I should pick up 3 of them. ;P I have to know, do they come NIB? Do they come with the Speedloader QFD???
Also:

I went back to the gangster Value Village yesterday where I bought this Aqua pak and found a small piece of the pump on the floor. Today I opened up the gun, and lo and behold, it is much more broken than I had thought originally. One entire pump rod is MISSING, and the piece I had was only half of one side. I don't know how someone managed to break this thing so many times without the staff noticing. Thankfully, I have the pieces for one entire pump instead of parts of both sides. The pump rod is almost round, as is the hole it fits into, so I may end up grinding the hole completely round on that one side and replacing the missing rod with 1/2" CPVC pipe.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes, it's NIB with QFD.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Thrift store staff don't really check these things (and I suspect they don't care). Sometimes the PCs are still pressurized with water. About a month ago, I found a WW Avenger with mini chess pieces in the reservoir, more than a dozen of them. Other objects found inside thrifted water guns include mini toy soldiers, a full size toy soldier, woodchips, live spiders, live earwigs, and parts of nerf darts. Missing caps and pumps are common, but some of these things are serious clunkers with damage everywhere.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:06 pm

So I was at VV last week...
It's an interesting little Lanard X-Stream gun. I didn't buy it but it was interesting. It's such a narrow gun!
Then I found this:
A Blazer with a broken trigger, no strap. I snapped the trigger off completely (oops) but for 4$ it was a deal. I have the trigger waiting to be re-attached.

But just tonight I found this on craigslist:
3 Blue Blazers for 10$. Now that is awesome. Should I go and get these or what? XD
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 am

Get the Blazers. If you don't end up keeping them, some of us may buy them from you. Either way, it's a good investment. I love my Blazer.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:22 pm

So I went out of my way to the fanciest value village around, since I hadn't been there for a week or two. Lately they seem to have tried to organize the toy section, and as I made my way towards the "gun rack" I could see a bright yellow Nerf Vulcan sitting on top of an EX630, next to a flash flood. I walked around the shelf and I found this:
A freaking CPS 1200 for 4$ ! Man I love Value Village. Score!
I skipped on the EX630 (junk) and the Flash Flood (broken) and left the store with my prize, and 4.50$ less than I can in with.
It's in good condition, although the firing valve is stuck open and the whole trigger mech needs some work. The reservoir cap tether was broken but I fixed it with pliers and the lighter trick.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.