Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
martianshark

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Put some 9 volts in it.

The Easter Bunny gave me some cheap syringe guns, two squirt pistols, and a ton of water balloons. All of that together cost less than the Electrostorm, and I would pwn SEAL.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:37 pm

M4: I actually probably will. Then I'll challenge people to fight me with a CPS 2000... If I win, I take the 2K and the loser can have the E-storm (That's what I'm going to call it from now on.). :goofy:

martianshark: Wanna bet? :goofy: I got some water balloons too; we now have around 800 of them.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:43 pm

marauder4 wrote:Nerf Soakers are like pushup bras, amazing to look at if you don't know any better, but when you get down to the real thing they are terribly disappointing. :lol:
LMFAO.

Now, my birthday just happens to fall on the same day. I should pick up a Colossus and some more parts, haha. I'd rather a Gorgon but I'm not sure if I can find those anymore around my area.

SEAL, you could sell the Electrostorm or try your hand at building homemade internals to fit in it. You might be able to make a SC-only blaster with just a pressure chamber perhaps.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:50 pm

SEAL wrote:martianshark: Wanna bet? :goofy: I got some water balloons too; we now have around 800 of them.
I thought we were talking about battling with what we got for Easter. I have a little over 500 water balloons.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 pm

CA99: Happy birthday! Anyway, I probably won't sell it, because I don't want to offend my parents or anything. I may try modding it someday, but not until I finish every other project that I have in front of me.

martianshark: I was. I would seriously take up that challenge if you lived nearby. Of course, I would probably use just the water balloons, and only use the Electrostorm for emergencies, since it's so weak that you could probably use it indoors without worrying, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:44 pm

@SEAL:

How do you access the battery pack on the Electrostorm? From the pictures on iSoaker it looks like it might be a screw, but it's unclear from his review whether it is Philips or a thumbscrew or if the battery lid pops off via a latch of some kind.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah, there is a screw. It looks like you can either use a flathead or a philips on it. It's roughly like this: --+--
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Easter got me a 2K MK1 :cps2000: kind of got excited will do comparison with the 2.5k and post up result after exams. (I actually tested with my 2.5k this morning)

by the way isn't taking 2k after losing to electro-storm a little harsh? :lol: You could technically lose if the guy with e-storm is some athlete and handler of 2k was mediocre :goofy:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 pm

I wouldn't take an E-storm against a 2000, even in OHK. A mediocre 2000 user will still dish out more water in one shot than the E-storm would in 10 minutes worth of shooting them.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 pm

SEAL, thanks lol.

In the case of the an athlete with Electrostorm versus a little kid who's never seen a water gun before getting a 2k, the athlete would get drenched by sweat from moving around faster than the Electrostorm can soak anyone. As DX pointed out, you're going to have to refill and cycle through it numerous times to get even close to the amount of water in a full shot (or even a tap shot) of the 2k lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:11 am

In order to successfully take an E-storm against a 2000, you need to use a limited set of asymmetric tactics (OHK, OHS only). Note that you can't use hit and run here. You would have to get well within the 2000's core range just in order to get range on it. That won't happen in OH* games for obvious reasons, so your agility is wasted on the perimeter of the 2000's range. Sure you can dodge and block from there and harass the enemy, but you can't actually threaten them when your gun shoots 25ft and theirs shoots double that. Likewise, speed will only help you on defense and to get away. You would thus be reduced to ambushing. Ambushes as a class will enable any water weapon to eliminate any target, but the E-storm would be especially demanding. With such low range, only certain types of ambushes would work in only certain locations. You really need to have the enemy in your own core range when you ambush and that would be point blank for the E-storm. And then of course, the enemy can avoid most or all of the potential ambushing points that meet the right criteria for the E-storm to be dangerous. Ambushes are usually defensive in nature - you don't want the initiative of the battle when you are hiding to set up an ambush. If the enemy gives it to you, you'll just end up sitting there. This is fine if you're leading an OHS game, but kills your strategy in OHK or when you're behind in OHS / any game with a time limit.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 am

This reminds me of the SS 25 vs CPS 1000 duel at Scout Camp. My friends were off fighting in the woods and all I had was my sidearm, an SS 25 to go against a guy with a 1000 who was coming up from the rear.

He was out of shape and wearing boots so I made him chase me around the cabins, dodging shots and making him waste water. I landed about 10 shots on him, while he was only able to hit me once there was more water in that 5x shot than all 10 of my .5x hits lol
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 pm

I think some one did a mod on YouTube with one of those to make it use a 9v battery. Can't check it right now since I'm at school and it's blocked, but I'm pretty sure I saw one yesterday.

Any way, for Ester (well the day before but I'm counting it :goofy: ), I picked up a Colossus (which now has a really sick paint job.) for $19.99, same price as the Thunderstorm! It's a good gun for being air pressure, but don't take on a CPS with it. The pump could have also been a little longer, but is very easy to use so you don't get too tired.

I also picked up a Cricket 2 pack for $11.99. I really wanted a few Vipers but they didn't have any. The Crickets still perform rather well, shoots at least as far as a Max-D 2k; my only complaint is the grip is way to small, ring finger is barely on it, lets not even go into my pinky!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I have yet to see colossus yet (only saw leftover gorgon, FF, and Nerf), but does it have good tubing and cohesion (tube leading up to selector)? It might be good for shotgun 5X mod because it seems as if you can take off the nozzle selector (unscrew)and the opening look wide on burst setting . Same goes for the boa (python whatever it is called) - I am thinking about getting one to test this theory out. If It would work, it would make a good shotgun sidearm I thinks (Check-freeze + Nozzle Drill). Can anyone confirm there is a 5X tube leading up to selector on colossus or python?

CPS2000 vs. Electra-storm that reminds me of one of the comic strips on the forum... Mod electro-storm to mark airstrike target? O.O

kbuno50

Post by kbuno50 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm

I've seen colossus at my store for $20.

I also saw a Viper 2-Pack for $10.

I'm planning to buy one of these, I'm still debating.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant cricket. That would be sweet, though.
Last edited by kbuno50 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 am

I went to Walmart today and there were no more CPS guns left on the shelf (not even Hydro-cannon). I went to Tire the day before and all FF were gone. I think this will be the year which there will be no CPS-based guns. When I went to Walmart I saw Gorgon and Colossus for the same price (20), I am not sure, but doesn't Gorgon a little stronger and more water (better price-to-what you get ratio) I think.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:48 am

The Gorgon is more powerful than the Colossus, but its pump is really hard to handle. The Colossus has much better ergonomics, a bigger pressure chamber, and is a little lighter, but not as powerful.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:17 am

I don't really buy a lot soaker wise these days when it comes to stuff I am keeping personally armoury wise, however yesterday I received a brand new original CPS 2700 I recently purchased. I've had mixed luck with them, but when you get one that works nice I really like them, and thankfully, on this occasion, I got a nice one, so that is the balance somewhat restored a little!

One thing I will say is that I must have the early version, the pump cap is one of those ones that needs to be popped off with a screwdriver and not just unscrewed. The reason I say this is because I swear down I remember having a previous 2000 red colour scheme 2700 where the pump cap did just unscrew off. Also, since this was new, I have the little hang tag leaflet book of Larami's 2000 line, and the specs/description of some of the blasters including the 2700 is a bit different from what actually got produced in the end. If anyone wants to see then say so as I can photocopy the pages into a picture and I'll upload them.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 am

Very interesting. I've always experienced the same performance from the 2700. One of our guys had one in Vermin Wars 2,3,4? and it performed the same as the one I had (sold it) and the one SEAL had at the war. Typically around 42 ft maximum range, power not as much as the 1500, 2500, or 3200, but more than a usual 1000/1200/2100. Where does yours seem to fall in the mix?

I'm curious as to what your booklet says.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm

If all goes well my newest gun will be an XP 70 with a blue body. if my freind can find it.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: