Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
soakinader

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by soakinader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 am

You know, I have seen a fair number of Max-D 2000's, 3000's, 4000's, and 5000's too (I have had one a long time already), and the only Max-D I have ever bought was the one and only (Working) 6000. I saw the red version but the spring was broken, and I had no interest in it at 6$.

Point in order, is it worth buying Max-D 2,3,4,5K's? From what I can see they are just half-decent, half broken little water guns.

DX, is the 3K worth having? I have no lack of bigger, badder water guns (and that's how I like it) but should I have some smidgety ones too?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

The 2K and 3K are decent, but the 4K is awesome. Mine hit about 37-38 feet when I tested it, and I think DX's hit 40. MD 4000s are one of the most underrated pistols out there. Everyone says the 3K is better, but it can't match the range of the 4K, and doesn't hold as much water while only being slightly smaller. I have no idea about the 5K, as the last time I used one was in 2002.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am

Because of how we do medium gun rounds, air pressure only rounds, and pistol rounds in community wars, Max-Ds are relevant again. The 2000, 5000, and 6000 are not really good enough in their classes and are largely ignored. However, the 3000 and 4000 are great in pistol rounds. My 4000 shoots about the same as Seal's, 36-38ft, with a max of 38' 8". Those tests were conducted against the wind in very cold, dry weather, too. I would not be surprised if the 4000 is capable of ~37-39ft in the summer. The 4000 not only holds more water than the 3000, but also more than the XP 240, which was my favorite pistol until I found a 4000 while thrifting.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I think the 6000 is very good in its class. The only gun that I can think of at the moment that outperforms it is the Gorgon (or maybe the XP 250, but that's bigger). It ain't too reliable, but de-Max-D-ing it is easy.

I should really do a range test on my 3000; last time I tested it it shot like 27', but I cleared all the junk out of the nozzle when I drilled it, so it's much better now.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Honestly, while the small gun round was rather fun, I would be perfectly ok if we never fought a battle exclusively within that weapons class ever again. Soakinader, like I said in my other reply... what are your needs as a water warrior? Do these guns fill those needs?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm

"Filling needs", first of all, just sounds a little odd to me. I understand what you are saying, but... I just don't "Need" anything out of water blasters. Not my fav. phrase.
If it can shoot a stream, or I can unscrew the reservoir and slosh it at someone, that's all I need.

My preference, and also the style of wars I fight, tend to be in the "Clash of the Titans" class of water guns. Meaning, we grab the biggest and baddest water guns I have and go to battle. I do like some mid-class water guns (XP 150, AP Gorgon, Max-D 6000) but I tend to "Armageddon up" whenever possible.
So, yeah, I lack some nice little pistols, but unlike Nerf, I have just never found a need for something compact... yet. Bigger is better in a water war, it seems.

SEAL, how and why would I "D-Max" a Max-D type water gun? The 6000 is pretty good, but I haven't had any problems with the trigger... yet. I get the feeling the XP310 is better, though.
Also, for the record, the Max-D 5000 is subpar. It makes an excellent spud gun, though.
Thanks for the feedback; I'll try and pick up some working Max-D 3000's and 4000's if possible. I have never been a fan of pressurized reseroir type guns, but they usually have an easy to disable PRV. (Not that it matters for these little guns).
Although, once I actually get my hands on one of these, I may change my mind. Those handles look pretty small.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

soakinader: Here's my de-Max-D modded Arctic Blast. How it is done differs depending on the blaster, but usually it's not too hard to figure out. The reason you do it is usually as a fix, not as a mod; your 6000 may have no problems now, but if you use it enough, it WILL break. Ripping out the mechanisim and making it simpler is much better than trying to fix the mech itself. Even if the replacement spring fails, you can still close the valve by pushing the trigger forward! That's the beauty of having it directly connected to the valve.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am

I just got a CPS 1021 from DX on Sunday.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 pm

My latest acquisition is a glass-encased gold Super Soaker 50 keychain courtesy of Duxburian - traded him a Silver Super Soaker 50 for it. Pics to come, but this is definitely purely neat from a collectible standpoint.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

YESSSS!
Finally got my first XPs yesterday in the mail.
XP 105
XP 70
XP 310
XP 270
All for $60 and free shipping!

The XP 70 seems to have some problem (Will post about it), and the 270 has some stress cracks in the reservoir (Doesn't leak though), but all shoot water fine. And I can't seem to get the XP 105's nozzle off for the riot blast.
I am VERY excited! They are lots of fun to play with!
A little too cold to have a water fight, very unfortunate.
Speaking of cold, when DX said that in the CT war it would not be Florida cold, but New England cold. Well, before the war, (About two weeks before) it was in the low forties :shock: ! And it sounded like the cold during the war was in the fifties. You Northerners may have cold winters, but we Floridians have a winter not far behind.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Luckily, it was unusually mild for the war. The morning low on Saturday only went into the 30s. There was still snow on the battlefield at Paine.

However, it can dip into the double digit negatives, even this early, and snow can really pile up. -10 degrees did not stop track practice, nor did a foot and a half of snow. The most snow I've seen on the ground at one time was 8 feet not counting drifts, during the 2011 snowpocalypse. It snowed furiously in a 3 week period and did not melt. I'll still laugh at Florida's "winters" thank you very much, the way the interior north laughs at northern coastal "winters". When I lived in Chicago, it could easily reach -40 degrees air temp with a 0 MPH wind.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 pm

I think the 310 will probably be your best gun out of that lot, but I'm eager to hear what you think after trying them all Fishfan. The 105 was released from 1996 - 1998. I have only tested 105s from 96 and 98. The 96s have a riotblast/removable nozzle. The 98s are glow in the dark and the nozzle doesn't come off. My guess is that yours is from 97 (which was a stock color rerelease) and that they removed the riot blast that year. http://hydrowar.com/xp105.html

In regards to the Max D conversation, my team had 4 or 5 MD 6000s and 2 MD 5000s. They all broke the same year we bought them. I'm sure we used them much more extensively than you will, Soakinader, but what SEAL said is the truth. The firing mechanism will eventually break if you keep using your guns. I did a lot of research and examining broken Max Ds and found that there are 2 places the mechanism always breaks. That gave me ideas for 2 different repairs and 2 different preventative mods (other than SEAL's). Unfortunately I have yet to get to work on that. I like the MD 6000's range and from what I remember the stream lamination was great, but if I had to choose a gun for the long term I'd prefer the 310 due to its durability.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Hmm, thanks for the info. Still, if I find a working Max-D 6000 for 2$ again, I won't pass it up.
And I'll take any XP310's I can find.
//The XP 105 is a pretty nice gun, and yes some has riot blast. (Like Mine:) However, the XP 110 is very similar, but superior in design and function. Although the nozzle is glued on mine, there probably are some with less/no glue. They both pack a good sting with the normal streams; and the XP 270 is nice too.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 am

Well, it's not quite a soaker/water blaster, but it is related and a cool thing nevertheless.
larami_toyfair2000_car.jpg
larami_toyfair2000_car.jpg (246.1 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
This is, interestingly, also my 500th item in my collection.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Too bad it wasn't something good, like if hasbro finally broke the bad blasters spell on them and made a CPS 5000.
Well, maybe for the 750th or the 1000th blaster. Hopefully it won't have to be that long though.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Fishfan wrote:Too bad it wasn't something good
Perhaps 'tis not particularly exciting to you, but I like this collectible quite a lot, actually! :cool: While higher-powered water blasters are always good, these other related items I find quite neat to have and be able to share images and information on.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 am

That is really cool. Do you know where it came from? (IE was it a collectible bought at the toy fair in NY, or was it a display item?)
I like how, despite having released the beast by 2000, the car has the "Air Pressure Super Soaker" stickers on it.
For that matter, if this is the "Super Soaker-Mobile", why the Nerf and more importantly the wrestling emblems on it? Also, notice how both Hasbro and Larami are on the car.
Are you going to open the box? Is it sealed? Notice how it looks like there are some hatches on the car. I wonder if there are some super soakers in the trunk...
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes, from a collectors point of view, that is really cool, I agree with you on that. Does it have any soaking capabilities at all?
But from a warrior's point of view, it's too bad it wasn't a CPS 5000.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 pm

soakinader wrote:That is really cool. Do you know where it came from? (IE was it a collectible bought at the toy fair in NY, or was it a display item?)
I'm guessing it was either a display item or a freebie giveaway.
soakinader wrote:I like how, despite having released the beast by 2000, the car has the "Air Pressure Super Soaker" stickers on it.
For that matter, if this is the "Super Soaker-Mobile", why the Nerf and more importantly the wrestling emblems on it? Also, notice how both Hasbro and Larami are on the car.
Are you going to open the box? Is it sealed? Notice how it looks like there are some hatches on the car. I wonder if there are some super soakers in the trunk...
The box is still sealed with its original tape and, as such, no plans to open it any more. The WWF logos are on since, in 2000, there was the Super Soaker WWF Stone Cold Steve Austin and Super Soaker WWF Undertaker water blasters released. It was also in 2000 when the Nerf Switchshots were released. This explains both the Nerf and WWF Logos.
Fishfan wrote:Does it have any soaking capabilities at all?
Of course! If you dunk the whole car in water and lob it at someone, hopefully you won't injure them too much and they'll be a little more damp from the residual water off of the car! One can also attempt to fill the box with water. :goofy: More seriously, no, no true soaking capabilities. This item is a small die-cast car; slightly larger than a Hot Wheels or Matchbox car - probably along the lines of the Pixar Cars ~1:55 scale.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 pm

I got a new-old latest soaker today. My parents came across my CPS 1200 while digging through their attic. I need to make sure it still works, but I'm glad to have it back!
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-