Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 am

Just how blue is blue? I have on with a blue-violet body and a transparent dark blue tank. The decaling is in lime green. I love that color scheme.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DukeSoakem

Post by DukeSoakem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:47 am

marauder4 wrote:Very interesting. I've always experienced the same performance from the 2700. One of our guys had one in Vermin Wars 2,3,4? and it performed the same as the one I had (sold it) and the one SEAL had at the war. Typically around 42 ft maximum range, power not as much as the 1500, 2500, or 3200, but more than a usual 1000/1200/2100. Where does yours seem to fall in the mix?

I'm curious as to what your booklet says.
Well including this 2700 I have been through 5 in my time, however I can only really accurately compare this one with two others as those two were in the same condition performance wise (the other two I could tell hadn't been stored/looked after well as they didn't perform as well, they also lost pressure). It is as powerful as I can remember it, the 10x nozzle on this new one I have now is a bit more violent and aggressive than I remember on the previous ones which I like. As a whole though I'd say it is roughly on par, I'm impressed with it anyway.

I'd say performance wise it fits quite closely to the CPS 1500/1700. It is definitely more powerful than the 1000/1200/2100, and also has an edge in power over my Monster (2001). The range is around 40 or so. I don't really find that it lacks power, main thing is that it is still a deadly weapon, and this one works without issue so I'm happy.

I'll put the booklet pictures up.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Yes that color sceam, it looks so cool might want to drill out the nozlle :aph:
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Finally got two WW Vipers at a Wall Mart over the weekend, have to say, I'm rather disappointed. The only have maybe a one foot farther range then the Crickets I bought a week earlier; though the output is much higher, its too high for its own good, it runs out of water extremely fast. There are some design flaws with it is well, it uses a intake tube instead of a hole just like on the Colossus so a 1 or two ounces are still left in the tank. On the a big gun like the Colossus this is less of a problem, but on a pistol that's like 1/10th your water supply! Also the intake is near the back of the tank and the tank slops up ward near the back so you must hold the gun up at an angle after it goes below half empty. And don't even think of putting it in your cargo pants, it is way to big.

So for a gun that I was so hyped up on, it is a real let down, I wouldn't call it a waste of money, but my money would have been better spent buying more Crickets.
Got spring break this week (which sucks because all my friends go to a different school and had it two weeks ago), so I will see if I can get a review of this and the Colossus and maybe some shot pics.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

If range and output are high then maybe it's a good sidearm, rather than a good primary for pistol battles. How many pistols with low output do we need anyway?

That is one thing I love about the SS 35 (riotblast) that I got last year, or my XP 65 if you consider that a pistol. High output.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm OK with the high output, it just means that I have to do more tap shots, the problem lies with the fact that the guns tank tilts away from the intake; what kind of dumb*donkey* thought that up?!? It also uses a hose so not all the water can be sucked up anyway. Why do companies use intake hoses anyway? Intake holes work much better.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

They are probable cheaper, and allow for more compact ergonomic design.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm

It also allows it to shoot in more directions without shooting air.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 pm

martianshark wrote:It also allows it to shoot in more directions without shooting air.
Really? I would think a hole would work better since the water falls into it, instead of just being around it and being sucked in.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:13 pm

If you held the blaster upside down and it just had a hole, the water wouldn't be in the hole and it would fire air. If it had an intake tube, the intake tube would be somewhere around the middle of the tank, and gravity would make it drop to the bottom of the tank depending on which direction you're holding it. At least with a full tank, an intake tube PR blaster will fire in most directions.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

kbuno50

Post by kbuno50 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 pm

I bought a Colossus. Most of my waterguns in the past were super soakers, except for my old sting ray which lies in the pile of unknown lost things.

It feels like a superpower gun a super hero would use.

Now what if I tried a CPS blaster :goofy:

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:57 am

What other guns do you have kbuno?

kbuno50

Post by kbuno50 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

I was a newb, so I have Tornado Strike, and a forever-lost HydroCannon.

I learned my lesson last year when I got soaked.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:27 am

We are giving away a CPS 2500, Gorgons, Hydrocannons, and Collossuses (Collossi? haha) this year. If you want to upgrade your weaponry, see the league participation thread: http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic5460.html

Submit battle reports, etc. and you can get some better guns man!

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Got the XP 70, blue with green tank opps!
Done with the CPH Devestator. finaly 65$ !
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Recently acquired a couple of Water Warriors Zzappers. Oddly, there be a couple of Water Warriors-brand water blasters that have never been reviewed on iSoaker.com. I intend to fill in these gaps (of course, depending if I can actually get my hands on the unreviewed items).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I'll sell you my pre-release WW Raven for $750 NIB :)
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 pm

DX wrote:I'll sell you my pre-release WW Raven for $750 NIB :)
Pre-released items never really interest me, particularly when I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get new items once they are released. It's the older, harder-to-find items that are more valuable to me.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Is it just me or did the Raven never actually get released for real? Even though it was just a re-colored Wasp, the internet is still totally dark on it. The only hits that come up are topics where I was talking about it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am

DX wrote:Is it just me or did the Raven never actually get released for real? Even though it was just a re-colored Wasp, the internet is still totally dark on it. The only hits that come up are topics where I was talking about it.
I have a feeling that the WW Raven was simply a renamed Wasp that was meant for some European countries. It is quite possible that the name didn't stick, but that some product was made and someone got their hands on old stock and sold them online.