Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Two more acquisitions for me:
an original Super Soaker 30 (light blue version)
Super Soaker Aqua Squirtz H2O Racer (completes the Aqua Squirtz series for me)

Pictures to come. Sadly, the SS30, while in good external condition, does not hold pressure and leaks horribly through its grip when pumped. That means the pump works, but some other part of its internals had given up. For now, though, I have no plans to attempt a repair and will just measure some basic stats on it.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Maybe the pinch valve cut the tubing?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 am

atvan wrote:Maybe the pinch valve cut the tubing?
Without opening the blaster, no easy way to determine where the fault lies.

Back on topic, recently acquired a Power Soaker Water Cannon, the largest of the ol' school piston Power Soakers. Reminds me of the Water Blaster Water Cannons, but not quite as sturdy. Still appears fully functional (not too much can be broken on a blaster like this) so should be able to measure more stats on this one.

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Recently acquired a Shotblast and a Flash Flood with Max Infusion Backpack. This is also my choice armory in combat.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:50 am

I was out of town for the ending of the SS 300 auction and so missed out on it (eff eff eff), but I did end up winning a Power Jet 1000. Could not find any data on it anywhere, but I ended up only paying $12.50 after haggling and it just looked intriguing. There is no manufacturer info on the casing, but I am assuming it is foreign because of a cleared-customs sticker. It is huge for a gun of its class. The reservoir would be comparable to a CPS 2700 if it were only a bit wider. It's still larger than most CPS. The whole gun is between the length of a CPS 2000 and CPS 3000. It carries a tracked pump with a large handle. The nozzle is amazingly tiny. Words cannot do it justice. It is so epic you'd have trouble sticking a pin in there. Drill, baby, drill for sure. The gun has a large, centered carrying handle. The most funny and unique thing about this gun is that it has a top-firing PRV. And it is actually labeled as a pressure relief valve, right on the casing (not a sticker).

However, the big bummer is that it's PR. That means a force mod is coming, and I may try an SS 200 pc first. This thing might even be able to take a CPS bladder, but we'll see when I get it open. There is no pump cap or other item that looks like it would impede opening (thank God). If favorable, I would rather turn this into separate chamber air than CPS, because something like this could dominate in an air pressure only round.

Edit: I was able to put 50 pumps into it with no water and the PRV did not vent (great HPL). It yielded 16 high power tap shots of air and then a bunch of drop off.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am

DX wrote:I was out of town for the ending of the SS 300 auction and so missed out on it (eff eff eff), but I did end up winning a Power Jet 1000.
Interesting; got a pic of it you can share? I'm curious what that blaster actually looks like.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm

DX, this looks like the beginning of an epic modded gun. I am currently experimenting with using SS 200 parts as well. Are you planning on using the 200's PC for this gun's pc?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Yes, if I can get it on there. The internals will determine what kind of material I need to seal the new pc connection with. Pics will come when it is finished, with before and after shots. You will seriously lol at the stock nozzle. This thing is just shorter than a CPS 2000, yet it bears a dollar store pistol sized nozzle.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:19 pm

I just received an XP 35 in the mail. It's a little smaller than my XP 240 and a little larger than my brother's XP 220, so I'm guessing it's comprable in size to an XP 40/Max D 3000. Unfortunately I don't own any Max D pistols, so I can't use them in this comparison.

Performance wise, I REALLY like this gun. It's difficult to compare it to any other gun I own. The stream is nice and juicy, range is adequate, weight balance is great, AND you have a riot blast. I know it sounds crazy, and you are probably asking, "why would you need a riot blast on a pistol? Pistols shouldn't be used for long, drawn out periods of time, unless you are battling other pistols. If you need something to get you out of a tight spot - a last resort weapon if you will - you want something with good range and or good output. That's why I like DX's Defender with the nozzle drilled. So, this gun doesn't shoot ~40 ft, but it does shoot a lot of water all at once. You can get 2 solid riot blast shots out of this thing, and it takes just one shot to drench a t shirt.

I wouldn't call the XP 35 a game changer, especially on today's battlefield, but it is very good for a large pistol. I can say, without hesitation, that the XP 40 was a definite downgrade from this gun.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Recently acquired a Super Soaker Watch (copyright is 1993 from Larami Corp). This item is still MIP, though the packaging is not in perfect condition. Nevertheless, 'tis a cute little item. Pictures to come, but it features a small SS100 replica on a flip-open digital watch. The SS100 is function, but uses a hand-held squeeze bulb to squirt water.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 am

Just won a CPS 1500 and CPS 2100 off Nerfhaven for $15 each. The 2100 has a shot at being MK1, seeing as there's no rectangular ridges and from the angle of the picture, no raised single ridge. Course even if it ends up being MK2, the price was worth it.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm

So these finally arrived and the 2100 is indeed an MK1. The ridge on the reservoir was more complete than typical so I was like oh crap this is probably MK1...but then I twisted the pump cap and it came right off. Yay! So now I have a pair of 2100s that are MK1.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:19 pm

*cough*dual wield 95 balloon K-mod*cough*

Anyway, nice find.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Adding DX's 1200 to my armory has brought the total number of blasters I have up to 30. Of course, not all of them work, and many of them are weak-ass Hasbro junk, but it's 30 nontheless.

2012 plans for our armory:
Do a full weapons check, something I haven't done in 2 years.
Fix anything that's broken (And worth fixing.).
Bulk it up with CPS blasters, and nothing else.
Possibly sell off some of the weaker blasters.
Build a CPH, water cannon, and possibly a WBL.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Did you get lucky?
Beware the Purple

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am

A Hydro Cannon I have turned into a 40-foot, water-gushing monster.

I'm curious what it'd be like with a proper nozzle...

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 am

DX wrote:So these finally arrived and the 2100 is indeed an MK1. The ridge on the reservoir was more complete than typical so I was like oh crap this is probably MK1...but then I twisted the pump cap and it came right off. Yay! So now I have a pair of 2100s that are MK1.
Is the performance what you expected? Top range is on mk1 right?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 am

atvan wrote:Did you get lucky?
What? Ohh... I don't think so; it doesn't look like it's ever been opened, and if it has, DX did an incredible job putting it back together. I haven't test-fired it yet, but I'll get around to it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 pm

I actually got these a week and a half ago but didn't notice this thread. Got two WW Equalizers and two WW Vanquishers (HP). Last season much of my Hasbro junk broke so now I am replacing them with new models. I think I will still stick to my Vindicator as I primary, but the Equalizer will likely replace my Helix in my backpack. In a battle, I would probably chose the Vanquisher, but I am more happy with the Equalizer, best gun of its size I have ever used!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:45 pm

My latest acquisitions:
Nerf Super Soaker Microburst and Electrostorm
Nerf Super Soaker Microburst and Electrostorm
supersoaker_microburst_and_electrostorm.JPG (166.76 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
A Nerf Super Soaker Microburst and a Nerf Super Soaker Electrostorm.

More pics and stats to come...