Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Croc

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by Croc » Fri May 02, 2008 4:28 pm

My latest is the MD6k for this year.

Don't know how many more I'll add this year.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Fri May 09, 2008 8:16 am

Hurray, finally my armoury is pretty much sorted, with the right soakers coming in. I will be receiving the following within the next week or two.

CPS 1500 (2) - One already received.
CPS 3000 (3)

And because of all those, I'm pretty much low on cash at the moment.

However, as much as I have coming in, I will be having just as much going out soon as well. This includes 4 CPS 1700's (3 are NIB), a NIB CPS 2500 and a good used CPS 4100.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 20, 2008 9:07 am

Latest acquisitions are two(2) Super Soaker XP35s and one(1) Super Soaker XP65. All are second hand, but appear to be in decent working condition, though definitely far from pristine condition.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:36 am

Just got my hands on a Power Soaker Pumper II! Interesting old model (estimated release year 1995; Copyright 1994). This reservoir-included dual-nozzled piston blaster was likely a great blaster during its time. However, the model I got has been well used and some of the check-valve seals no longer appear to be functioning fully, resulting in some back-flow during pumping. I'll be able to take pics and measure the reservoir volume, but unless I can somehow fix the check-valve issue, can't do any real testing on it. Granted, I got it mostly for my collection, :goofy: but it'd still be nice to get more stats out of it.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:13 am

I'm about a month late on here. I got a Max-D 2000 and 6000 last month, just before our first war of the year. A month before, I got a broken 1200, which I finally got to work (for the most part, needs some testing) yesterday, which I also put a 15-balloon k-mod on.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Verok

Post by Verok » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:59 pm

The latest soaker i have is a Max-D 5000. I wouldn't recommend buying it because the seal broke the first year or 2 i got it and it leaks getting you more wet then your opponent.The only blaster I have that works, is the Water Warriors Wasp. This is a good gun for durability because i left it out in the sun and left it out in the winter and it still works fine.
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi! It's been a while since I've posted here.

Well, today I just got my hands on a WW Blazer(Blue/white version, the packaging and decal desing is different than the one shown on isoaker.com) and seriously, I don't get why so much people liked this one.

With a limited grip area for larger hands, an extremely small shoulder strap and the annoying pressure gauge thing I found it pretty unconfortable to hold. The tracked pump is nice but on the shorter side. I don't know if I got a lemon here (the trigger valve does not close completely so it leaks) but the Blazer's power is even more dissapointing than it's awkwardness. All of the nozzle settings availiable feels very under-powered, especially the largest one that barely reaches 25 feet angled. Only the second largest setting is somewhat potent, but i estimated the angled range to be only 30 feet. At least the fan spray setting is the best one i've seen on newer guns, it covers a large area very well.

I mean, that's it? THIS is the water gun that many people chose over the flash flood in 2005? I don't understand. It is my first true experience with BuzzBeeToys and it unfortunately gets thumbs down for me. It's been more dissapointing than when I got the hydroblitz.... Speaking of the HB, I miss the good ol' blitz :goofy: . I've returned mine last year because of malfunctions but I might get a new one.... it is the kind of super soaker that get rare really fast.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:34 pm

@JLspacemarine: Sorry to hear about your poor experience with the Water Warriors Blazer. If the nozzle isn't closing properly, you've definitely picked up a poorer-built model. I'm a little surprised, though, you ended up getting a Blazer and not an Orca. The Blazer doesn't feel like it has the same kick as blasters like the CPS1000/1200, but ranges I found got up to 40'. The large nozzles on the ones I've used did feel underpowered, but the 2nd and 3rd nozzle settings had a decent feel. I miss the feel and performance of some of the classic CPS-class blasters, but I remain optimistic that things will be improving from where we presently stand in the coming years. Hopefully one day we'll be surpassing the power and performance of the golden age of CPS 1996-1998, but only time will tell.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am

My latest soaker is not really a Super Soaker, but a novelty. I received a New In Box Super Soaker Wing Thing a few days ago I got off eBay which due to rarity it is staying like that. It is a different colour to the one on the site and the box also says it flies 500 feet unlike the 1000 feet on iSoaker's version. My guess it might be an earlier release, or they may have been released at around the same time. This novelty while fragile looks pretty cool, there are some interesting novalties from the time I'm now looking out for because of this.

I also a bit before that received a CPS 3200 which I am currently working on making more convenient to use (I hate that hard backpack, it is worse than I last remember it when I had one a few years ago).

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Hopefully one day we'll be surpassing the power and performance of the golden age of CPS 1996-1998, but only time will tell.
We already have... with WBL's and cannons. =p Still, the CPS patents expire next year, and the market still has a chance to improve I suppose. If not, then we'll probably need another revolution like the ones Johnson and D'Andrae started. (which is what was needed to clear the age of squirt/motorized guns and air pressure, respectively)

I, too, have been slightly disappointed with the WW's. They don't quite have that kickass feel but on the other hand, they do a great job replacing most of the air pressure based small stuff. It depends on how you look at it and how they're used.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Master X

Post by Master X » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 pm

My lastest soaker would be the Super Soaker Vaporizer.
I might make a Super Cannon 2 over the summer, But I need some help finding a store that sells decent water guns, all I find
are water pistols and medium sized guns, I need help finding guns like CPS 2000 and all those other powerful guns. :cry:

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:54 pm

RECENT ADDITIONS:

Aquashock Hydroblitz (x2) : Might sound crazy, but I wanted to dual wield those :D. I have a feeling that they might get harder to get in stores. I'm also going to modify one of them (nozzle selector mod, pressure gauge mod and maybe colossus)

My cousin gave me his whole armory! :

CPS 2100 (yay!)
Max-d 5000
WW Chameleon
SpeedLoader Double Cross 3000 (I now have 3 Speedloaders in my armory, might take some pics and write a review with stats if anyone is interested)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 am

@JLspacemarine: wow! That's a large sudden boost to your armoury! How do you intend on dual pumping two Hydroblitzs? While the pumps are top-mounted, need to brace it against you somehow if you try to pump both at the same time.

As for reviews, if you write 'em and wish to share 'em, I'd love to read 'em and repost 'em (with pics if available).

Shade

Post by Shade » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm thinking about getting a new Orca, as the trigger on mine is sticky.

IMO, the Orca is one of the best guns out right now.
The newbie.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Shade wrote:I'm thinking about getting a new Orca, as the trigger on mine is sticky.

IMO, the Orca is one of the best guns out right now.
Welcome to the forums! Sadly, sticking triggers seems to be a more common problem with water blasters these days. While the new Orca fixed the reservoir cap placement problem of the original one, it remains to be seen whether the new batch of nozzle valves works better and stick less often than the 2008 version.

Shade

Post by Shade » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Not quite welcome back for me. I had another account on here, but apparently the password got lost in a forum upgrade.

But back on topic. I'll probably get an 08 Orca and see how it stacks up against the 07. I'll also probably get a Flash Flood, to replace the one that my little brother broke.
The newbie.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:54 am

My latest soaker was a gift: a Super Soaker Wing Thing (NiB)!

That makes two of these Wing Things for me, but even still, as much as part of me wants to, I'm still not quite willing to open up either one. Last thing I want is to test it out only to lose it on a house's or building's roof nearby. :goofy:

That said, I've got one soaker on order which will be neat once it gets here...

Rover

Post by Rover » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Yay! A broken Cps 2700 for $5! I doubt it's fixable because it sounds like a pressure chamber rupture. But if I ever get a broken Cps 1000, 1200, or 1500 you know where the PC is goin'! :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=013

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:14 pm

I hope a new modded gun counts.

I love seeing this topic re-surface... especially just after I have completed a modding project! :) My latest addition is a 2100 shotgunned, but not the regular way:

List of mods performed on 2100:

- screw-off nozzle screwed off, 5/8 inch PVC tube shoved in, glued (I actually just used a Flash Flood pump)
- strap: gun opened, string wrapped over a screw hole, gun closed, strap attached to string sticking out
- VERY light 10 balloon k-mod

I called it the CPS 21k SSS, for CPS 21000, Small, Strapped, Shotgun.

My new is AMAZING (12x output)
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Sun

Post by Sun » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Nice, my latest is my half completed APH.