Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Aqua_Flash

Re: Latest Soaker - ^

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Today received a CPS 1700 that had no pump (already knew this, seller made it clear). Good thing I had some spares, but today I've spent a while sorting this gun out. When I pumped it, there was lagging and it was acting strange. So I opened it, saw nothing was wrong, and stupidly saw afterwards it was obvious. The end piece where the rubber seal washer is was stuck in there, which created the lagging force, I managed to pick it out, and carefully swap the rubber seals around with another pumps seals. It was hard as you need to be careful, but it worked well. The stream lamination on this isn't the best either (probably due to how it was treated), so I'll be doing my first PVC nozzle modification (hooray I now have adaptors and endcaps), as well as a 10 balloon K mod. I may show the results if wanted.

I also have a few other soakers arriving soon, which I'll mention later.

Jim likes SS's

Post by Jim likes SS's » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 am

Sounds good, how does this soaker perform?

-Jim
Armoury:

Flash Flood [everyone's got to start somewhere :)]

Soon to include:

Arctic Blast
Sneak Attack
Aquapack

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:03 am

@Aqua_Flash: The CPS1700 is a great older soaker. However, as I've never personally used one, I can only presume it behaves like the CPS1500 though some have said its PC is a touch different in terms of performance (I've heard both better and worse performance over the years so I think it ends up being blaster-specific). Good job at repairs and looking forward to seeing pics and hearing more about what you've got planned for it!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:51 pm

My overall experience with the CPS 1700 (owned quite afew before, and own quite a few now hehe come to think of it), is that the ones I've had have been a bit less powerful than my CPS 1500's. Although I'm not really bothered, as essentially it is the same gun, and its not hard to give the 1700 a small power boost.

I got most of my modification done, I'll create a topic for it.

Also, today I received a NIB 2002 Monster X, I'll be keeping and admiring this one new in my NIB stash, becoming a bit of a handful now! :goofy:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 pm

I want an MX! There was one on Ebay that I was about to win, but 3 seconds before the auction ended I got outbid! Then I almost lost a CPS 1200 to the same person, but I raised my bid just enough to win it. This was over a week ago and the 1200 has yet to arrive :(

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 am

My latest acquisition is a different version of the Super Soaker XP95; one with an elongated PC. This one was a gift from Aqua_Flash to which I'm truly grateful. Pics and mini-review on this variant will be posted when I find a little more time to measure stats and such. From my brief test, though, still seems to work well and is in very good condition considering its age.

Soak on!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:09 am

Today I received a CPS 2500 that I need to do some work on. I need to file out and smoothen the pump because of the friction it has caused. I also need to replace the o ring to create a better seal for the nozzle selector. Finally, I am half way through doing a colossus modification on it, just need to get bike tubing (which I have just bought off eBay) on it, as I have managed to get to the chamber now. Finally, once all that is done, I may consider painting it.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Aqua, what are you going to do with that 2100 that was the contest prize last year? =p Anyways, nice find. Good luck with the fixes and mods.

Still nothing new for me, though I'll still be trying to get something as time comes by. Hopefully, it'll be a "new" CPS; if not (most likely not since the season's starting and its hard to find them for cheap now), I'll look for a Defender or Max-D 6000 if they're around the stores. (I saw some Defenders at Meijer last year) Either way, I'll be working on some new PVC contraptions this year; I've currently started on trying to build a compact, "battle practical" WBL for sniping purposes and I might build an assault-rifle style CPH. (Though right now I'll have to focus on the WBL.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:59 pm

WAHOO! I JUST GOT A CPS 2100 OFF EBAY!!! :D

-Gold
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm finally CPS 1200-full. I tested it outside, and it seems good, however it was really windy, so I couldn't tell if range is good or not.
Yay! My first CPS!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:37 pm

@mr.dude: Just got a CPS1200, huh? 'tis good, solid performing blaster. May it serve you well!

:coo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 am

I've found the 1200 to be excellent for light k-mods. For most soakers, a partial k-mod with 10-15 balloons usually gets the PRV going. You can still fill the PC up for some reason, but I can just tell the PRV is moving when I pump. My 1200 is the only one that doesn't do this. (not to mention, it seems to surpass the others in range, and definately shot time, which is probably due to toe PRV issues.)

I've always wanted a 1500/1700 though, it seems to be nearly everyone's favorite out there.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:14 am

I'm k-modding it soon, 35-40 balloons I heard was good for a 1200, I just need to take stock stats for ExtraWater, then I can proceed with the mod.
I also might be getting a CPS 2700 in a few days (thanks to xp270 for the heads up!). I've heard stories about how weak it's trigger valve is, but is it still a bad idea to give it a ~10 balloon k-mod?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:38 am

I never even bothered K-ing my 2700 so I wouldn't know. From what I've heard, it's not a good idea due to the difficulty of re-assembling, and I think trigger weakness wouldn't be a problem, the problem would be locking up due to design.

I only went with about 20-30 balloons for my 1200, though I may be able to step that up if I feel like it. (as well as remove some from my 1000 and perhaps 2100 if I have time)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 am

This is my latest soaker... sold.

I sold my 4100 on ebay for 91.00. I wonder what kind of person would pay that much this time of year. Oh well, it's not my problem!
If bidders like that continue, as I make my armory more condensed, I should have many hundred dollars freed up to be spent on investments and stuff.

XP270

Post by XP270 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Well after 2 months my Bottle Shot finally got its bloody little arse to my doorstep and its pretty good. I also got an XP-70 and MAX-D 6k re-release at Target yesterday, will be testin soon.
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 am

YAHOO! I finally got my CPS 2100 in the mail!!!!!

YAY!!!!

-Gold

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Gold Hawk, you're even more excited than I am! And I just got a CPS 2700 for $15! Credit goes to XP270 for finding it.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:04 pm

mr. dude wrote:Gold Hawk, you're even more excited than I am! And I just got a CPS 2700 for $15! Credit goes to XP270 for finding it.
Eh, the only thing that attracts me to the CPS 2700 is it's capacity.

...I wouldn't mind getting one for 15 bucks. That's as much as I spent on my old main weapon, my Tiger Shark (Wraith).

But yeah, I love my new main weapon (Bandit) even more.

I'm a little disappointed that it's capacity isn't that much, but the range of it balances it nicely.

-Gold

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:49 am

The CPS2100 is a great, smaller-sized CPS blaster. Capacity is on the lower side, but then again, it's a pretty compact blaster. May it serve you well!

On a thread-related note, I've acquire some of the 2008 Water Warriors blasters including the Hydro Pulse and Avenger. Time and weather permitting, I'll begin working on reviews hopefully soon.

Soak on!