Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Neat! A purple-pak Power Pak! It's always interesting to see how the same model of blaster is styled differently depending upon the region you're in. Thanks for posting the pic!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:01 pm

@Cobralex297: I will take you up on that offer! Though, I bought mine for $12. Would you be willing to go that low? Oh and totally unrelated to the topic, but I have sent you the 1500 and 270. The AT3K barrel broke off again, so I have held it for repair and will send it whenever the post office opens again [Winter Break service is very sketchy].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 am

Well my latest WORKING gun would be a second Monster XL, which I bought simply to freak little kids out. xD

But in order to get the impression I'm after, I'm also after a 2nd CPS2500, but the one I got recently was a total lemon, and the seller is protesting my claim. ><;;; Last time I buy something from a new eBayer with a 0 rating.

Luckily I found another one on eBay from a reputable seller lol. Hopefully I'll get it and my mom won't go on one of her PMS trips about buying too many guns. -_-;

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 am

isoaker_com wrote:Neat! A purple-pak Power Pak! It's always interesting to see how the same model of blaster is styled differently depending upon the region you're in. Thanks for posting the pic!

You can use that image for the gallery/review page if you want.

The colours I must admit are pretty funky to me. It is interesting to note that the Big Trouble actually has the same colour scheme only with the colours being distributed differently.

Just today I also have just received a 2000-01 version Monster XL.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:34 pm

I just won an XP 150 for $10.50. It is my 4th XP 150, for some reason I like those guns..
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:56 pm

XP150 are great blasters! It's particularly impressive how well they function even to this day.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:08 am

Just a while ago today I received another NIB gun for the collection, a CPS 2100, however this one is quite a lot more rare. It is the special Toys'R'Us version with a collectable mini 2100. See picture.

Edited By Aqua_Flash on 1200412709

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 am

We got a WW: Argon recently, and that's about it.

-GH
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:38 pm

My latest soaker is an acquisition from eBay (got the heads-up from cobralex297 the other day). Just received the Aqua Squirtz Surf Speedster; purely a collection piece. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:02 pm

I was considering getting that, but then... didn't.

I Googled the name to see if anything relevant came up, and I got this extremely thorough review.

It's a great review, lacking stats of course, but it's cool because not only does it give information about the hard(ish) to find product, but it's a review from the perspective of a parent, rather than an enthusiast. I found it quite interesting, but also quite different from what we're used to here.

isoaker

Re: Latest Soaker - ^

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:18 am

Just pushed up some pictures of my latest soaker acquisition on iSoaker.com. Used my old camera, though. Will use my new one for this year's soakers. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:13 am

Recently got a Water Warriors Jet. Haven't had a chance to open it, yet, but plan to do so soon. Just been rather busy with work and other things. :goofy:

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 am

Most recent gun was CPS 3000

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:53 pm

iSoaker: It's cool that you have the Jet, where were you able to get it? Is it a product of your most recent meeting session(s), or are they available in stores already?

If they're in stores, looks like it's time for me to go on a shopping spree.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:40 am

@cobralex297: my Jet was thanks to being able to go to the meeting; new water blasters rarely make it to the Northern regions until late March/early April. However, those in more Southern states are likely seeing new blasters appearing on store shelves. I know Jet's are shipping; I just don't know to which areas.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 pm

I just got a SS 100 Classic, and a SS 200 off a person on Freecycle.

The 100 is a little messed up, but the 200 works fine. :)

-Gold
Last edited by Gold Hawk on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 am

@Gold Hawk: the SS100 and SS200 are two great blasters from stock blaster history. They're both a little less sturdy due to their construction, but can perform remarkably well for a >10 year old blaster. Use them well!

If you need help trying to get your SS100 working better, let us know what problems it has that you're not sure about how to fix and we'll try to help.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

isoaker_com wrote:@Gold Hawk: the SS100 and SS200 are two great blasters from stock blaster history. They're both a little less sturdy due to their construction, but can perform remarkably well for a >10 year old blaster. Use them well!

If you need help trying to get your SS100 working better, let us know what problems it has that you're not sure about how to fix and we'll try to help.

Something cracked, and I just need to hot glue it back together.

-Gold

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:15 pm

If you are going to use hot glue, only use the high temperature glues and hot glue guns. For pressure cracks (and even other cracks), the normal low temperature glues do not work. Read this if you have any other questions: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/glue.html

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Ben wrote:If you are going to use hot glue, only use the high temperature glues and hot glue guns. For pressure cracks (and even other cracks), the normal low temperature glues do not work. Read this if you have any other questions: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/glue.html
Yeah that's the type I have. :)

-Gold
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks