Animal-Deterrence - ID soaker to stop cats attacking my cat

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cathappy

Post by cathappy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:02 pm

Pls. advise correct soaker to buy that has easy/fast pump & pressure load (fast response) & long water stream to chase 2 male cats out of our yard and deter them from beating up on our male cat. We just moved in and it is their territory (no animal here before), and need water jet to drive them off and let them know it's not their territory any more. This worked well with just a hose with a spary nozzle at our other house, but here we need a longer jet and faster action. Thanks!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:42 pm

For simple pet deterrence, a pump-action water blaster might be better than anything needing pressurization, especially if quick response is desired. You may consider something like the Super Soaker Sneak Attack or the Water Warriors Steady Stream. If you think a continuous stream would be more effective, you could consider a Water Warriors Tiger Shark or a Water Warriors Tarantula for motorized operation. I wouldn't recommend anything with larger streams as this may be considered too cruel by some. Of course, you can also let us know what sort of water blasters are readily available to you and we can make suggestions based on the options available.

Note: duplicate posting removed.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Personally, I would get a pressurized blaster and not a piston, because despite the piston being faster to activate, pressurized ones will fire more water and fire it farther.

A flash flood is a cheap CPS blaster that is easily available and gets quite reasonable distances. I would recommend not using the actual flood nozzle, but the normal one is better than other available blasters shoot, in my opinion.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:32 pm

If you're standard garden hose isn't doing the job for whatever reason, make sure the nozzles on there have at least a half-decent jet nozzle. Other than that, there's not much you can do but go around for older CPS's, they're the only thing more powerful than the hose. (but typically have very low shot times)

If that's not an option, the Flash Flood or Arctic Blast will have to do. Just be careful with that riot blast. (as for the stream, you're new hose can probably generate a better one anyway, unless you go for a thick CPS stream which is primarily available on older CPS models)

Edit: Sent a PM in reply to your email.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1192486252
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:14 pm

If you can get your hands on an Argon/Xenon/Krypton by BuzzBee, get one. With an Argon, you can get over 5 seconds shot time from 3 pumps.

Good luck!
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:44 pm

The above are all good suggestions. I'd recommend something with a decent sized blast and good shot time. I wouldn't consider a CPS2700 to be overkill in this situation.

If the cats belong to someone, call animal control and have them picked up. The owners will have to pay to pick them up. If you know the owners, a few gentle words about applicable leash laws might be in order. If they're strays, again, call animal control.

Good luck,

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.