CPS 2000 Marks

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:56 pm

What's the difference between the different marks?
Soak On!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Mark 1 has a longer pressure gauge and allows the bladder to expand more - so there's more PC volume.

Mark 2 has a shorter pressure gauge and less PC volume. Probably to better preserve PC strength by reducing how much it can be stretched.

Apart from that, it's only cosmetic. For example, the stickers are on opposite sides (I forget which is which).

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Ok, thanks.
Soak On!

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Silence wrote:Apart from that, it's only cosmetic. For example, the stickers are on opposite sides (I forget which is which).

It has already been confirmed that the position of the stickers doesn't say anything on which mark it is. Same thing for the yellow super soaker writings on the strap and the attached reservoir cap.

The only main difference is indeed the pressure gauge. Also It seems that the stickers on some MK1 models had "Air Pressure Super Soaker" on them instead of "Constant Pressure Super Soaker"

:cps2000:

Edited By JLspacemarine on 1181271092

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:48 pm

JLspacemarine wrote:
Silence wrote:Apart from that, it's only cosmetic. For example, the stickers are on opposite sides (I forget which is which).
It has already been confirmed that the position of the stickers doesn't say anything on which mark it is. Same thing for the yellow super soaker writings on the strap and the attached reservoir cap.

The only main difference is indeed the pressure gauge. Also It seems that the stickers on some MK1 models had "Air Pressure Super Soaker" on them instead of "Constant Pressure Super Soaker"

:cps2000:
I can verify that information as correct. Also, the Mk. 1's were supposedly less durable, and therefore there are fewer of them on eBay. Also, probably less of them were made.

Myself, I'm curious about the different 2500 marks.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."