2007 soakers revealed!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 pm

bill wrote:Still the HydroBlitz looks good for a non pack soaker 200 oz is like 1.5625 gallons or 5.92 liters. Not to bad really.
To put things in perspective, the 3200/3000 holds 264 ounces, so I'd say depending on output speed (oz/sec) and pump time I would say that's really good.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

bill

Post by bill » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:31 pm

The 3200/3000 had more water then I ever really needed to tell the truth.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:45 pm

I thought the Hydroblitz only holds 101 oz, but I might be wrong. At any rate, it does look fairly bulky. And it would be neat if it had a two-stroke pump (different from a dual-stage pump).

Why don't you buy from companies like Buzz Bee Toys? The Super Soaker inventor Lonnie Johnson is no longer at Super Soaker, and neither is CPS inventor Bruce d'Andrade. Most Super Soaker engineers joined Buzz Bee Toys after Hasbro bought the company. (credit for this info goes to iSoaker)

EDIT: Yep, confirmed it's only 101 oz.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1172098045

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:47 pm

^Thats a bit odd, so Hasbro basically owns the patents that those guys created who are working at BBT?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:54 pm

I would suspect Lonnie Johnson is still getting royalties on his patents. Maybe Ben or iSoaker could clear that up, though. I'm pretty sure neither Johnson nor d'Andrade are at BBT. Then again, I only got this from iSoaker.com, so it's just secondhand information. Which, as everybody should know, is unreliable.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Johnson still consults Hasbro (I believe). As for D'Andrade, he passed away a few years ago, unfortunately...

BBT has a number of engineers from the Larami Ltd. days, though, as well as some less known, but rather important people, most notably "Big Bee".

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Ah, thanks for the info. I don't really keep up with it. :soaked:

I'd presume it's more engineering and perfection after the initial concept has been made. But I don't know what the patent deal is.

bill

Post by bill » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 am

The way I see it is like Mac vs PC user. It goes deeper then just pure functionality. I am only going to use my soaker maybe twice a year. How would it look if my soaker was some cheap knock off brand? Something about soakers is different the plastic is shiner the water is wetter. After the season is over I put my soaker in storage for eternity that’s my rule. One years use before I put my soakers on ice. Now that I am out of college soakers have once again become interesting to me. Soakers are collectible to me other brands are not.

As far as the 200 oz comment I was talking about the HydroBlitz with an AquaPacks. If you buy a Hydro how could you not buy a pack as well??/insanity ???

Modding a soaker to me is also insane taking a perfectly good soaker with collectible value and massacring it while greatly reducing its durability.

Edited By bill on 1172153238

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:11 am

I'm not the collector type guy, I typically want something with practical use, and the modern soakers really aren't the collectible kind IMO. And the aquapack costs more to get, plus they don't really hold much water by themselves either. (especially the smaller 50 oz one) Consider the fact that the 100 oz aquapack is a backpack style pack, yet it holds less than half of a CPS 3X00 backpack, and of course, many guns have reservoirs that are larger than the 100 oz aquapack. Either way, the Hydroblitz still (at least seems to) hold a fairly conventional amount of water, around the same that older CPS's held. (however, I'm not sure how big it is relative to the old CPS's, it looks to be around 1000 size, which doesn't seem to be bad for how much it holds, but PC size is another important consideration)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1172160710
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Hmm, I guess if you're attached to Super Soakers, then it's a different situation altogether. Your choice. I've just found that BBT soakers are very solidly and thoughtfully built.

In my opinion, modding doesn't have to massacre the internals or reduce the durability. But it's the original gun and the style of play that makes all the difference.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 pm

bill wrote:Modding a soaker to me is also insane taking a perfectly good soaker with collectible value and massacring it while greatly reducing its durability.
I have started to look more into mods that increase the strength of the gun as well as the performance, I hate nothing more than my guns breaking on me. However, from a collector's perspective I can totally understand why you'd choose not to mod.

As for the AquaPacks I personally find them to be a wonderful idea. XN and I once talked about how we wish that soakers had add ons like this that would work on any gun. Back in 2000 I designed a backpack like this that fits with any classic gun, but the AquPacks are so much more comfortable.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Modifications are tricky. Most modifications don't do anything to affect durability (nozzle drills, backpack mods, etc.). Collectability certainly will be affected, and that is one reason I have not modified several of my water guns (my CPS 1000 and XP 150 have special value to me). Some guns won't work right modified (at least modified to have more power). And many modifications are made actually to increase reliability and durability. There's actually many different possibilities.

The simple fact however is that these water guns were not designed to take the additional pressures of power modifications and some respond better than others. For that reason, modifying should take an educated approach. Some water guns such as the CPS 2100 are great when modified, and I would suggest modifying them to some extent. Others, such as the CPS 2700 respond poorly to modifying (as in breaking).

Would I suggest modifications? Yes, but they're not for most water guns.

Anyway, I don't think Johnson has any real control over what is produced. I'm sure they consult him from time to time, but from Hasbro's patents I get the impression that they hire a toy design firm to design their water guns. Of course, that's just speculation.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:55 pm

bill wrote:How would it look if my soaker was some cheap knock off brand?

I must disagree with this. Actually, I almost take offense to it. :soaked: Buzz Bee guns are every bit as good as today's Super Soakers. The Blazer could probably hold its own against a few of the older ones, too.

Don't knock what you haven't tried. One of my favorite guns is my Argon. It's a small gun that packs a punch. Just three pumps and it can shoot 35 feet for 4 seconds.

If you want to hate Water Warriors, fine. That's your opinion, you're entitled to it. But, you don't know what you're missing.

Edited By Rook on 1172199524
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Cool! They have a Sneak Attack Twin Pack. One of them is painted with flames!

....still not enough to get me to buy it, tho.

Edited By Rook on 1175652931
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Nice find, Rook!
Soak On!

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Cool! They have a Sneak Attack Twin Pack. One of them is painted with flames!

....still not enough to get me to buy it, tho.

Those are at costco for $12.00.
AXE BOMB!!!

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:01 pm

I just came back from the mall and I saw the Secret Strike and the Sneak Attack. The Sneak Attack seems smaller than I thought.
Soak On!

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Today I got the Arctic Blast. Haven't got to try it out in a fight, though.
ImageImage