2007 soakers revealed!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:43 am

I am somewhat disappointed with the lineup for 2007.
The "Shock Sneak" looks and sounds like a Vaporizer.
The "Arctic blast" seems to be just a rerelease of the gimmick gun of 2006.
The "Hydro Blitz" however, has me greatly interested.
I hope its a CPS, then I could K-mod or Colossus it.

So we have two guns that are most likely pretty bad, and one gun that might be quite good.
100-oz is an impressive Reservoir capacity, and 40 of range is 13 meters, which is slightly more than even a CPS 1500.
Given the range stats, I would hazard a guess that its a CPS.

Unfortunately from looking at that pic, it looks like you fire it by pulling a handle rather than a trigger.
This is a downside in my book because it REQUIRES two hands to fire, so you can't fire and pump at the same time or duel wield.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:11 am

1: strap
2: lever trigger?
3: nozzle
4: pump?
5: unknown PC/reservoir/other? in foreground (i.e. not attached to nozzle barrel)?
6: side-grip? perpendicular to soaker?

:cool:

I think 4 is the second nozzle becuz the discription did say...
This large nozzle gun has two settings (for regular streams or massive streams) to soak your friends!

That ads abit nore to my theory about the yellow thing being the pump

Edited By scorpion on 1166890384
AXE BOMB!!!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:28 pm

With iSoaker's enhanced picture, I'd have to say that the right hand might actually continue on the other side of the gun to a regular grip. I dunno. The perpendicular thing might once again be a shield, I doubt it though. We can only wait and see.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:53 pm

i agree that there could be a second nozzle, but at the same time i think the pump is the black thing under the light blue thing in the lable 5. could be a riot blast could not. we'll have to wait and see.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:25 pm

WaterWolf wrote:I am somewhat disappointed with the lineup for 2007.
The "Shock Sneak" looks and sounds like a Vaporizer.
The "Arctic blast" seems to be just a rerelease of the gimmick gun of 2006.
The "Hydro Blitz" however, has me greatly interested.
I hope its a CPS, then I could K-mod or Colossus it.

So we have two guns that are most likely pretty bad, and one gun that might be quite good.
100-oz is an impressive Reservoir capacity, and 40 of range is 13 meters, which is slightly more than even a CPS 1500.
Given the range stats, I would hazard a guess that its a CPS.

Unfortunately from looking at that pic, it looks like you fire it by pulling a handle rather than a trigger.
This is a downside in my book because it REQUIRES two hands to fire, so you can't fire and pump at the same time or duel wield.
I'm quite sure both the Arctic Blast and HydroBlitz are CPS, the Arctic Blast is like a Flash Flood/Arctic Shock hybrid, and I don't know of any air pressure guns (other than homemades) that have straps.

I can't be too sure the trigger isn't a typical finger trigger, we haven't really seen enough of the pic yet.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:12 pm

The Arctic Blast is probably a weak air pressure gun. It's obviously modeled after the Arctic Shock, which sold even though the Flash Flood was (marginally) better.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:17 pm

The Arctic Blast seems like a hybrid between the Arctic Shock and the Flash Flood. If you look at it, you'll see what appears to be a Flash-Flood-Type-CPS-area on its upper back.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:13 am

^Or, it could be a simple pressure chamber like the one seen in the Arctic Shock.

However, it seems like there is a 'flash flood' handle on the top of the nozzle casing, which would suggest some sort of riot blast feature. If the Arctic Blast is not CPS, that will be really disappointing, and sort of a waste of such a feature that is so dependent on the CPS system to operate even marginally well.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:23 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't be CPS, it's PC looks identical to the FF's, though it's angled slightly. And looking at the riot blast, there is no way such a small air pressure PC could operate that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:26 pm

That store looks like it's charging slightly steeper prices. I'm guessing the retail for the Hydro Blitz is $40, not $50. The FF is selling there for $25, not $20.

Looking forward to seeing about the Hydro Blitz. The other guns don't look too promising, though.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:50 pm

If the Hydrblitz can hold 100 oz by itself, then a Max Infusion backpack could bring this capacity up to 200oz, which is pretty good. I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to new Hasbro guns, but this batch of weaponry, although not very impressive, seems to be a positive trend in water blaster quality. I don't know if the Hydroblitz is CPS or not (crosses fingers), but its size indicates that Hasbro is getting a bit more courageous when it comes to marketing its products. MAYbe if the Hydroblitz is successful, we will see some 1200/1000 sized soakers next year.

Edited By FinalFantasizer on 1167315310
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:20 am

They're on Amazon.com now. I was a little suspicious at first, but here they are.

Edited By Rook on 1167456341
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:49 pm

OMG! it says shipping weight 8.71 pounds for the hydroblitz! thats 4 times the weight of the flash flood.
AXE BOMB!!!

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

i doubt it, but i hope that means its 4 times better :D

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:54 pm

Hmm...Amazon hasn't uploaded an image of the HydroBlitz either, and it is unavailable. Either way, what I'm really looking forward to is a new review here...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:23 am

Ha ha ha! :laugh:
This whole thing reminds me of the Loch-Ness or Big-Foot.
There are blurry photos with not much detail, but enough to give us the basic idea of its shape.
And now there are tons of people speculating over unfocussed images of something not really understood.
Just seems funny to me. :D
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:18 pm

Shhhh...don't scare it away...

More sites are popping up, but it's always the same story - no picture.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:15 pm

every forum needs its conspericy. ours just happens to be the legdend of the new maybe good soaker.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:57 am

I just noticed something about the Covert Control/secret Strike: The hidden nozzle is right below the normal one, angling downwards. You can see it on the box pic. The kid is pointing the gun upwards, but it's shooting downwards.

As for the hydroblitz, it seems to me that the entire back end is the tank. From the pic, you can see a reservoir cap. That blue piece below the gun in the front may be the PC. Which woulld mean it's huge, but would get bad lamination due to turbulence. I still see no pump....Battery operated maybe? This may be their answer to the Scorpion. I hope this feature doesn't ruin the gun...

My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Rook wrote:I just noticed something about the Covert Control/secret Strike: The hidden nozzle is right below the normal one, angling downwards. You can see it on the box pic. The kid is pointing the gun upwards, but it's shooting downwards.

As for the hydroblitz, it seems to me that the entire back end is the tank. From the pic, you can see a reservoir cap. That blue piece below the gun in the front may be the PC. Which woulld mean it's huge, but would get bad lamination due to turbulence. I still see no pump....Battery operated maybe? This may be their answer to the Scorpion. I hope this feature doesn't ruin the gun...

I'm going to go out on a crazy limb here, but just looking at the picture rook posted, is there any chance that the handle on the top of the nozzle is the pump and not the riot blast? It would be an incredibly unconventional design, but it's the only place I see anything looking pump-like at all (although it makes many times more sense as a flash flood-esque riot trigger).

The only other reasonable alternative would probably be that it's battery opperated, which would explain the bulky design and the relativly high cost. The thing that bugs me though, is knowing hasbro, wouldnt they advertise that as a gimmick for all its worth? The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't would be to create some sort of buzz or antipication, which would explain the lack of pictures, concrete information, ect about the Hydroblitz.

Personally I'm wary of battery-opperated guns. I've heard that the WW Scorpion was pretty high quality, but I'm not very optimistic of how I imagine hasbro would handle it (looking at the other gimmick blasters over the past 4 years such as the EESs, the Arctic Shock, the Triple shot, ect), although they (or at least larami) did put out the pumpless splashzooka, which is one of my favorite guns of all time. The Hydroblitz, depending on the information that inevitably will leak out in the next few weeks/months, could very well be the breakthrough great stock CPS the hard-core soaker community needs to continue. Otherwise, it'll be the last nail in the coffin of my wild hope for a great stock CPS of the future, and will finalize Hasbro's journey into gimmicks and corporate money-grubbing.

It's going to be a very interesting next few months.
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca