Braggart Thread

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Well, summer is coming to a close. So you've probably gotten everything you're gonna get this year. Why not brag about it? Or anything else for that matter (that relates to soakers).

This summer was when I joined soakerdom, so I got everything in my sig this year except my XP 95, Storm 750, and CPS 4100's.

I'm especially proud of my original priced Monster X. Hey, it's a big deal for me. :goofy: It's the biggest and most powerful gun I've had experience with. It's massive, intimidating, and powerful. And did I mention massive?

Also, I adore my Flash Flood. I know what you're thinking, "Here we go again. Another FF Freak." Well that's not the case at all. I considered it to be a rather mediocre gun until I drilled it. Now the main nozzle is useful! Before, I just liked it for the riot blast. Plus, it feels really good in your hands. Unfortunately, it's silver and sticks out like a sore thumb. But then again, so do I, so it doesn't really matter. :p

I'm starting my first homemade, too. I'll start a thread when it's done. I'm estimating at least a week or too, depending on my laziness level. :p

I'm rather proud of my collection, and accomplishments, considering it's my first year.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:12 pm

I have nothing in my arsenal worth bragging about. It's totally in shambles, with broken guns left and right. The average range of my arsenal was an impressive 58ft, but when you factor in the broken guns, it falls to 49ft. My 11K, 21ks, 2500s, and 5 homemades need repairs. Only the CPS 3000, Defender, PPP, APR 2000, and a pair of water cannons work at the moment. I am, however, building the 3rd generation Douchenator tonight and fixing the 2nd gen as well.

My team has done well on the battlefield, still undefeated since August 16th, 2005. We won 7/8 of the season's wars so far, and tied the other. However, the end of Summer means nothing to teams like Waterbridge and the Ridgewood Militia. We're just rolling into the second half of our fighting season! Why the talk of "ending"? The fun is only half done!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm especially proud of how well my new water team is coming along. Its been two months since I began advertising and I have a total of ten people on the team.

I also have a homemade nearing completion, though I'm having a little trouble getting an air tight seal on the pump.

I'm proud of the CPS 1700 that I won on e-bay for only $30 including shipping. (Congrats on your Monster X by the way)

I'm glad that I joined this forum and had a good place to discuss water-warfare with other soaker enthusiasts.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:23 pm

Bragging is unnecessary for me. My new additions speak for themselves.

First is SuperCAP, which is a backpack water gun on a rediculous level. I'm not kidding either. Whatever goal in any statistic that you want this water gun will meet unless you want Supercannon II type performance. I'm waiting to take this to the hot-shot who thinks his CPS 2000 is the greatest and completely own him.

Second is Supercannon II, which is far from the original Supercannon which simply didn't work too well. Simply put, it's the most powerful water gun around right now. Try 75 feet of range and 800X output. Not to be taken lightly. That's more than twice the already exagerated range of the current Super Soakers and like infinity times the output of anything else. I'm still waiting for someone to make a duplicate or even a version with a biggest piston for more force.

Those are my only new additions.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:18 pm

I got nothing to brag about. only a few battles but nothing big. I live in the south now which means my season is still in full swing. In fact, I am currently trying to start up a giant assaination game on my campus. Right not its takeing up most of my free time hence me not posting that much. But yeah, i'll post details and stuff once i get a chance.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:17 pm

I didn't really get to do much since I'm more of a newbie to soaking. My best during the summer (well it was fairly recent but before school started) would probably be getting a 1000, 1200, and MaxD 5000 for $36, and $14 shipping.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:35 pm

I suppose I built my homemade and had a couple of lame wars...but that's about it. I'm just glad for the break.

Of course, I can brag that I was able to completely open and empty out my CPS 4100 very soon after its trigger broke. But that's not exactly a good thing, is it? :p

Edited By SilentGuy on 1157585778

Spankmeister

Post by Spankmeister » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:55 am

No bragging here...pretty new to being a full blown soaker enthusiast...I had not realized that there were so many folks out there like me that loved them!...:)
I expanded my aresenal quite a bit this summer....Monster XL, Monster X, CPS 1000, CPS 3000, CPS 3200, several XP models and a brand new Big Trouble still in the box...not so much for wars, but more for the collector in me...:)

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:33 am

Please people, we already have a bragging thread. Its called "Your Armoury". :;):

Since we all try to outdo each other with good ebay deals or other, try to top that:

ebay 2004 auction: CPS 2500+CPS 2500+ Monster XL = $10+ shipping

ebay 2006 auction: CPS 2000+ Monster X+Pool Pumper+ Xp 110 = $20+shipping

Private Trade: CPS 2000 = Airsoft Spring Pistol

Of course outside online soakerdom, the only one who I would interst with that "bragging" would be a psychiatrist, so I don't realy feel like bragging about my soaker purchases.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:45 pm

Thats amazing.

BTW. My CPS 1700 from ebay just arived. But the seller had lied about its condition and the trigger didn't work. :( :(
So I had to open it up and do a trigger fix. Its working great now though. :)
I can't wait to battle test it at my teams meeting tomorrow. :D

-B.D.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:16 pm

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you got it back in shape, though. :)
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:19 pm

Score! I just won a CPS 2700 brand new in box for $25 and $13.45 shipping! The gun itself was below original price, too.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting it for almost three weeks, but that's no big deal.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one (which I almost did, until I remembered this one).

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:48 pm

That's great! I believe it's a very powerful and high-capacity gun, but not overly large like some of the Monsters.

I guess you can find some pretty sweet deals during the off-season. I'll have to wait three years though...due to age.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:34 pm

Ya, I saw that gun and had been debating buying it, but decided against it.
Congrats. :)

Another thing I'm proud of having accomplished this year is to revive BlueMage from his long slumber of no-soaking.
He will be joining my team in the spring of 2007.

-B.D.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:14 pm

That really stinks, SilentGuy. What kind of arsenal do you have? If you have a good one, it really doesn't matter. If you find yourself lacking good guns, maybe you could have a local friend who does have parental permission buy it for you.

Anyways, I don't think I will be modding this gun. Not that I can't, I just want to keep this gun the same, just bacause it's a classic. Then again, if I don't like the range, maybe I will. 45 balloons is the optimal amount for a K-Mod, right?

Edited By Rook on 1161558978

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:14 pm

Well, the problem is more about the price of the soaker than about buying it online. I doubt my parents would have much of a problem with buying from eBay, but just the fact that I'd probably be paying over $20 for a used soaker is apparently bad.

My arsenal is decent, considering I don't use it too seriously. It comprises a CPS 4100 (broken) (it was a big deal to get it NIB for $30), an APH (fortunately, building a gun is more "constructive"), an Argon (Pre Charge system messed up--it's overpowered), and an old XP 270 (poor stream lamination really kills it). My neighbor does have a larger arsenal though, with nice guns like the MD5K and MDSS that have excellent lamination, range, and size.

The CPS 2700 is a terrible gun to K-mod! But don't take it from me--ask Ben or joannaardway. It's already pretty powerful, and it's internals can't take much more than 25 balloons and a PRVD, max--and even that is bad. Don't even bother.

Then again, a light mod without a PRVD, along with (and more importantly with) a new nozzle selector, would be cool. But that's just me. joannaardway has done some crazy mods to the 27K and to the 3XA, but they do highlight the weakness of guns and the unreliability you get after modding.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1161566125

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:27 pm

I got another 2700 today off ebay, went out for $1.25, but I won't know the shipping until later.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:36 pm

Is that seriously $1.25? That's a great deal! Hope it works as advertised (works well, I'd assume), and if not, just hope it's not an impossible problem. I don't trust deals like that, but ya never know.

How many other bids were there?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 pm

It went out so cheap because there was only one other bid (that the other seller didn't take care of when the auction was about to end) and there was no reserve. The seller should get the shipping costs soon and on the auction page, said, "Low shipping cost - you only pay what Canada Post charges me." I'm in MI so it shouldn't be too much but I'll have to see.

This auction was near the other 2700, the one that was NIB.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1161629694
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:56 pm

Great find! Could you post a link?

@SilentGuy: I know how it is with parents. The whole "It's just a squirt gun" thing, right? I had a lot of trouble getting the 2700, but I managed to convince them to let me have it.

Thanks for the warning. I won't attempt it. But I was ratherdisappointed by the iSoaker statistics. Only 30 ft. of range seems a little low. Still, the capacity is incredible, and it can move a lot of water.