OUR CPS REBELION! - Make a stand.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sun May 21, 2006 3:34 pm

We want CPS.

To get them back, we need a partition to be signed by everyone.

To sign this all you have to do is copy the previous signers then add your own name.

I'll start:

Stencil (Alex Salmon)
England, UK

Also if you feel you need to say more, send an e-mail on [url=http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasb ... PSZwX3B2PS
ZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x]This[/url] page.

Save the CPS.

Stencil.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 21, 2006 3:42 pm

This will fail. We already had a soakerdom-wide email campaign and petition. You're 2 years late.

Also, it will fail for reasons described in countless topics across this forum. Us complaining won't make a shred of difference due to the economic and retail conditions limiting power and size of water guns at the current moment.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 pm

NEVER.

Try try again.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 21, 2006 3:45 pm

When conditions in retail change, soaker size and power will change. But right now, nothing we do can cause that change. It's like trying to drive away lightning by ringing church bells are shooting arrows at clouds.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Sun May 21, 2006 3:46 pm

Stencil (Alex Salmon)
England, UK
urbanfighter7(Emilio Izquierdo)
California,US
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 21, 2006 3:57 pm

I will not be signing this, as this is not how to get CPS tech back, and did not work the first, second, or third times around. The boycott did not work either. Only conditions we cannot affect will affect the return of CPS. Until then, we cannot do anything about it, and if you continue to fail to see the logic and do not use common sense/reasoning, I will have to close or delete this.

EDIT: When someone who has attempted a boycott on Hasbro does not support this, you know that there's more than a good reason why.

Edited By Duxburian on 1148245562

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 21, 2006 4:14 pm

Petitions don't do a thing. Neither do letter or email campaigns. It seems that we revisit this with new members each year. You'll need thousands of signatures before this petition actually adds up to a sizable portion of those who buy water guns. We don't even have 1000 currently active members of all of the water gun forums combined.

Regardless, I don't know how they can bring back CPS if it already came back. The Flash Flood is CPS and it's not out of production yet. Last year they had two CPS water guns. For two years before that, they had no CPS water guns at all with the exception to the potential CPS 4100.

Even still, Water Warrior's Hydro Power series is CPS under a different name and design and they always have been available.

If you want something like the older CPS water guns to come back, you're expecting too much. They know what will sell and they only sell that. If you don't like that, simply put, that's your problem. :goofy:

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Sun May 21, 2006 4:29 pm

CPS is here. It never even left. Hasbro might have stopped making them, but there is always eBay, Homemades, and (as Doom already stated) Water Warriors.

Also why would a multinational billion dollars+ company bother listening to 500 signatures?

Edited By Some Guy on 1148247009

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 21, 2006 4:36 pm

This method is NOT the way to improve the stock soaker situation. I'm closing this thread.

WE, as a group, are already have effect on stock soakers despite our small size. Some things just take time and the right consumer atmosphere to develop.

If you are not happy with the current stock soakers, don't buy them. If enough people agree, they won't be buying stock soakers either until things improve. However, unless a good number of people start demanding more from soakers (probably need at least 100x more members than are presently in all of the soaker communities to even make a ripple), not much can be done by means to petitions or emails.

These type of threads don't help things, they make it worse by making the community appear to be filled with negativity.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: