Choose: Piranha vs Flash Flood - Soaker Product Combat

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Choose: Piranha vs Flash Flood - Soaker Combat

Super Soaker Flash Flood
38%
Water Warriors Piranha
63%

Total votes: 16

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:08 pm

Just for fun, every week or so, a new poll will be create to see which soaker reigns supreme (at least in terms of membership popularity). The winning choice will be included in the following week's poll and onwards until another soaker beats it (sort of like on some radio stations having listener's choice song selected from two choices voted by listeners calling in).

As this is the first poll, the losing choice will not be recorded as having "0 weeks on top", but the winning choice will get at least "1 week" in its ranking.

Voters can also make suggestions in these threads as to what soaker should go against the winner (the soaker chosen for the following week will be based on suggestions, though not necessarily the most highest suggested nomination).

This sort of poll is purely for fun and does not reflect on all the attributes of a particular model. It does reflect, though, on this group's preference for whatever reason.

In the event of a tie in votes, two new soaker choices will be chosen the following week with the soakers that were tied each getting a ranking of "'n'+1 week on top" ('n' being the number of weeks a particular soaker was previously on top).

At the end of the voting period (~1 week from start), the winning selection will be posted in a reply and the poll closed with a new one created in its place. As well, a record of these polls and their winners will be created in a new thread.

To start things off, these two recently discussed soakers are being put head-to-head in a popularity contest.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:55 pm

Piranha wins easily because of it's larger stream sizes and better range.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:35 pm

Nozzle-size, the Flash Flood's "Flash Flood" nozzle is larger in diameter than the largest setting on the new Piranha. Granted, my new Piranha is still boxed so I'm not quite sure how it performs.

That said, it's faster for a Flash Flood user to switch between which nozzle is being used compared to a Piranha user who would have to rotate the nozzle-selector. Range-wise, the Piranha has the lead, but then again, range isn't everything.

Of course, the Flash Flood seems to have more common trigger problems, but it also feels more balanced to me due to the reservoir placement.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:00 pm

The flash flood does have higher output at close range and is great for sneak attacks. But a smart enemy would not let you get close enough to use it.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:47 pm

Pirahna. It's the subgun of modern water warfare. The Flash Flood is just a 1x pistol with a (hard to trigger) fan blast.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:13 pm

Piranha over FF. The Piranha has better range, less trigger issues, and a more sturdy pump. The Flash Flood nozzle barely goes anywhere. In a recent war I was ambushed, but it was with the FF nozzle and failed miserably. They could have easily pulled it off with a gun with better range.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:27 pm

The good thing about the Piranha is that, even on its highest setting, it gets good range. It has a nice, thick stream, and can probably push out just as much water as the FF does, except for the fact that it not an "all or nothing" type of shot.
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

freak

Post by freak » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:30 pm

As I have said in past threads, Piranha kick butt! Sure the flash flood nozzle has a nice kick to it, but the piranha has a lot better range. I know some people say a "couple feet" doesn't matter. It does. A few days ago my friend and I had a water fight . He had a flash flood and I had my piranha. He could not touch me without getting soaked. He had one chance to hit me with the Flash Flood nozzle from about 15 feet and I dogged it easily.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:03 pm

Anyone got suggestions on what may be a good blaster to compare to the winner of this poll?

I plan to close this poll, post the winner, and start the next one sometime on Saturday, Sept 6, 2005.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:26 pm

Compare it to the blazer or aqua pack devastator.

EDIT:does anybody know if the ww hydra pack is any good.

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1125348741

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:51 pm

Umm...thats a bad idea. Blazer would win. Try comparing it to...XP 310 or 270 maybe?
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:53 pm

Magnor wrote:Umm...thats a bad idea. Blazer would win. Try comparing it to...XP 310 or 270 maybe?
Don't be too presumptuous on voter preference.

As for the Hydra Pak, it's decent, but does feel a little underpowered on its largest nozzle. Its range isn't as good as the Lightning/Piranha.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:55 pm

No way! comparing a piranha to a xp 310 would be like comparing a cps 1500 to a xp back fire.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Oops, forgot this was popularity...lol. I thought it was more of a power/distance/time kind of poll. Stupid me :D

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 pm

As should be noted, power, range, etc. are important, but this is a popularity poll. It's about the WHOLE package which is also influenced by styling, durability, price, feel, comfort, availability, etc. and is also likely affected by individual combat styles, types of games/activities typically played, etc. These polls also can only be done for stock blasters since modded ones and/or homemades depend a lot on who does the building. Of course, the modability of a certain soaker may make it more popular to some. There is definitely no right or wrong choice in these polls... just about personal preference for whatever reason.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:55 pm

Why not have a poll on what to compare the poll winner with? :p

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:57 pm

Magnor wrote:Why not have a poll on what to compare the poll winner with? :p
...uh... now that's just being silly! :goofy: :blazer:

I've a bunch of polls I'd like to run in mind, but need to get through things week by week. It'd be bad/annoying to overflood the board with a bunch of purely-for-fun polls. One at a time...

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:31 pm

True, True.

Off Topic: I want a dang Blazer! I can't find them anywhere in the US readily accesible to me! This is quite angering. :angry:

On Topic: How about comparing it to a...well...maybe an older Super Charger? Like the SC 600 or the SC 400 maybe...

:cps2000: :wb1: :wacko: :wb2: :cps2500:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:37 am

Man, I wish I had a Pirahna, Lightening and a Blazer. They don't seem to be out here in the UK! :angry:

Anyway, Pirahna over Flash Flood definately. Don't flame me for this but even though I haven't used the Pirahna I have used and owned the Flash Flood, and I can now say after a while, it sucks. Puny beam for a CPS, and the Flash Flood nozzle doesn't go far and lasts less than a second! In a battle I was fighting against a CPS 1000 and I was using the Flash Flood nozzle all the time just because the main nozzle was so small and hardly did any damage. Even when I did use the Flash Flood nozzle I still got soaked afterwards. Even an Argon could probably give a Flash Flood a run for its money. Since I managed to luckily win one in that contest I won't put it down.

I'd compare the Pirahna mostly to perhaps the SC 500 or something like that.

Well theres my two cents. :p

:blazer:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1125394833

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:52 am

As an aside, for these first few polls, I'm going to stick with more recent soakers (i.e. ones that are more likely available, though definitely harder to find for some than for others).