No more guns. - ahhh!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
freak

Post by freak » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:21 pm

My parents won't let me buy any more soakers. Has anyone here ever had this happen to them? If so how did it work out?

Edited By freak on 1123438933
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:42 pm

My mom was doing the same thing but I talked her out of it. In order for me to get guns I must completely clean my room (like on the t.v. shows, toss, keep, sell piles) and I have to buy them with my own money. The money isn't an issue as I have always bought my own guns and I am getting a job that pays $10 USD an hour.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:13 pm

Ack, I am home alone, and the gun I want sells on ebay in ten minutes! I hope my mom doesn't mind me using her account. :p

freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:53 pm

well... I think I'm going to give away my pistols so I can get more soakers.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:34 pm

Which pistols do you have? I have two yellow and teal Xp 220s, two Xp 215s, and two Liquidators.

freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Two triple shots and two hornets

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Gosh, i thought I was the only one.
Here's my story: I have a CPS 1-3-5, CPS 4100, and a WW 2005 Blazer. My parents say I can't get anymore soakers unless I wear them out! Why would I want to wear OUT my blasters?!! I intend to preserve them as long as possable! Like most of everyone here, right?
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:23 pm

Of course! Collectors want them to last a while for value, and battle users want them to have a long life on the battlefield.

Will your parents let you buy more if you use your own money?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:49 pm

Nope. They say I'm obssesing over super soakers and not to spend my money on junk. :angry:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:23 am

You're obsessing over soakers? *look at closet, shelving, and storage bins* ... nah... :goofy:

The way I look at it is this:
Life is meant to be enjoyed.
Soakers and water fights are enjoyable to almost everyone I've ever met (though some need a little convincing to try it at first).
So long as important responsibilities such as school/studies/careers/family/friends are not being disregarded, who is to say what one does to enjoy oneself with one's own time.
No one knows better than oneself what one really likes. What is junk to some is treasure to another. Even if they don't understand enjoyment of soakers, they should respect the happiness you gain from owning and using them.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:39 am

Why don't you ask to make a homemade water gun instead? Tell them it's educational (afterall, it is an educational experience). My parents themselves tell me I have enough water guns (though that doesn't really stop me from getting new ones) but they can't argue with the homemade water gun idea.

If they buy your guns for you, get a job like Crashdummy suggested. I mow lawns and make about $20 - $40 an hour (depending on how much I charge), however, I only work maybe 3 - 5 hours a week.

Also, don't buy water gun on eBay right now! The best deals are in Fall and Winter really. :;):

freak

Post by freak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:13 am

I can my more soakers :) . The catch is I have to mow the lawn and stuff like that. Anything for more soakers. And my parents said they don't want me "playing"with tools, :(

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:35 am

And my parents said they don't want me "playing"with tools

How old are you? Your age probably is having the largest effect.

My parents used to tell me I had enough water guns, but when I stopped buying them and started making them, that changed. They let me make as many homemades as I want, and I've got plenty of funds for it.

There definately is a difference in opinion when parents see their kid building the soakers. My parents are very impressed with the homemades and show them to guests when they are at the house!

If you aren't ready/willing to go homemade, as many aren't, then get the largest and/or more powerful soakers possible. It is hard to take a small, weak thing like a 2004 Soaker Tag gun seriously, but that is different when you have something like a CPS 2500 that can actually completely soak a person, and in a matter of seconds.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

freak

Post by freak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:45 am

I'm 13. I would like to try homemades but my parents are safety freaks. and I do have a cps 1000. :bm1000:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:53 am

If you buy a CPS 2100, you could do this and all it requires is a screwdriver. No real modding, no using "dangerous" tools, but nice range and power improvement.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:13 pm

There definately is a difference in opinion when parents see their kid building the soakers. My parents are very impressed with the homemades and show them to guests when they are at the house!

This is very true. I've already done several public demostrations and have brought mine over to relatives to show to. It's only a matter of time before we have larger demostrations to hundreds of people at a time. That's when I think the whole organized water fight thing is going to take off personally. :;):

freak

Post by freak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:17 pm

I do have a cps 2100 but I like it stock same with the cps 1000. I might try it later when more people do it.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:36 pm

I do have a cps 2100 but I like it stock same with the cps 1000. I might try it later when more people do it.

The CPS 1100 is technically a stock gun. There is no modding necessary. The 1100 easily outclasses both the 2100 and 1000. I really hope that more people try it, as the result is well worth it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm

^ Sorry, Dux, but I can't agree with you on the statement that the 'CPS 1100' is a stock soaker. Sure, to make one doesn't involve doing CVFs, nozzle mods, etc. However, if someone were to be able to fit an NSX engine into the Acura Integra's shell, it'd still be a modded car.

As for building soakers and learning from the process, 'tis a good suggestion. However, if parent's are too fearful of injury, it may take a bit of trying to convince them that you are responsible and capable enough to do things safely.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

freak

Post by freak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:37 pm

I tried again a couple minutes ago. Big no. maybe when I am 14...sigh.