No more guns. - ahhh!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:21 pm

freak wrote:I do have a cps 2100 but I like it stock same with the cps 1000. I might try it later when more people do it.

Don't worry, I think this will become the thing to do to your gun in a couple of days just like making a 21k, That is, if those greedy cps 1000 owners start giving them up and putting them on ebay. Besides, what could go wrong? If you don't like the change, it is reversable. All you have to worry about it losing screws and stupidly breaking your gun like accidentally sitting on it's internals and snapping them in half.

Lol, when I was talking about soakers with my mom earlier today I said "What do you want me to do? Soakers is my only hobbie aside swimming and bowling, but those are sports, not collectables. I can't play paintball or airsoft with my friends, so atleast let me continue with the one hobbie you will let me keep" Her response was "It's one thing to have a hobbie, it's another to have an obsession".

I am not obsessed and I am not in denial! :p :;):

:bm2700: :cps2500:

Edited By Crashdummy on 1123637659

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:34 pm

Don't worry, I think this will become the thing to do to your gun in a couple of days just like making a 21k, That is, if those greedy cps 1000 owners start giving them up and putting them on ebay. Besides, what could go wrong? If you don't like the change, it is reversable. All you have to worry about it losing screws and stupidly breaking your gun like accidentally sitting on it's internals and snapping them in half.

The frontier has passed by the 21K. The 10K is also outdated. A regular 1100 and a 21K would make for an interesting duel. The only real threat to an 11K would be a homemade, and a good one at that. The 1100 integration is also 100% reversable. Don't like it? Simply switch the pcs back. Simple as that.

As for a hobby vs an obsession, I don't collect water guns, and most of mine don't have good market value. I use them for battle, and only to fight with, so that frees up the fear of scratches and keeping the condition good. When people accuse me of being "obsessed" with water guns, my rebuttal is that "I'm obsessed with Track, not water guns, and you should already know that." It works pretty well since I am very obsessed with Track. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:41 pm

Interesting. Would the 1100 mod work with a CPS 1200 PC, since the CPS 1200 PC has abit more pressure/power than the CPS 1000 and might even have better results?

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:56 pm

I quote Commander Gaunt:
I tried swapping the PCs of my 1200 and my 1000. There was a foot or two range increase, in the 1200, and the 1000 stayed the same. But I noticed the 1000 was firing a badly broken stream. So it's not really worthwhile doing.

The 1000 pc seems to be more powerful than the 1200 pc, as proved here.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:09 pm

Duxburian wrote:I quote Commander Gaunt:
I tried swapping the PCs of my 1200 and my 1000. There was a foot or two range increase, in the 1200, and the 1000 stayed the same. But I noticed the 1000 was firing a badly broken stream. So it's not really worthwhile doing.

The 1000 pc seems to be more powerful than the 1200 pc, as proved here.

According to Aquanexus, and myself, the CPS 1200 would have a little pressure edge over the CPS 1000 in tests. Different sorces would be different results I guess. 2 feet distance ratios are tricky since same model types have that 1-5 feet ratio difference.(Example would be isoaker's and my CPS 2500 reaching about 40 feet while yours reaches close to 50 feet according to you. Same model types, and even 5-9 feet differences.) With the PC switch mod, which according to the article in your link suggests that internals affect the performance as much as the PC, a 2 feet diference would not decide which PC has the muscle power advantage.

I supose Commander Gaunt's test results would suggest that both would be evenly matched and that the CPS 1200 internals behaved more harmonious with the CPS 1000 PC than its own PC. Especialy if the CPS 1000 behaved the same after the switch instead of being 2 feet less after the switch. That would suggest 2 things:
The CPS 1000 has better internals boosting the CPS 1200 PC, or the CPS 1200 has better internals boosting CPS 1000 PC. Then again, 2 feet can't give a general statement which model typ has more power.
To know for sure, one would have to put each PC(1000+1200) in the CPS 2100 frame. In other words the third party soaker decides which PC has more pressure. If anyone has the oportunity to test it, I would be interested in the results.

Which answers my original question that the CPS 1200 PC fits into the CPS 2100.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1123821034

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:41 am

I'm surprised that at 13 you ever let your parents boss you around that much about what you do and spend your money on. LOL, as long as I bring home As and am home by 12:00, my parents tend to let me do anything legal :p Its kinda weird for your parents not to let you make homemades. They are hardly unsafe from my own experience. Or was the safety issue "playing with tools" lol?
:cps3000:

edit: Didn't you post somewhere that you were 14 and 15 soon?

Edited By emperor_james on 1123836137
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:11 am

I would really like to test that, but I haven't got a 1200 handy. [Nibor's is here, but it is a 12K]. That just gave me an interesting idea. Which is stronger:
12K pc in 2100 internals
10K pc in 2100 internals
10K pc in 1200 internals
21K pc in 1200 internals
Blah, blah, blah. Whoever's got all three guns is one lucky fellow. The 2100 internals definately exert an influence, as they are stronger than the others. Hence the ability to put over 100 balloons on a 21K pc without internal reinforcement. Don't try that BTW. The main reason for the 2100 being the host gun is because it is the easiest to open! No prying off handles like on the 1200, no sawing fake nozzles like on the 1200, no sawing pump caps either.

freak

Post by freak » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:56 am

My brother keeps logging on as me just to annoy me. So if you saw any weird posts, that was him. I need to change my password. My parent's think I would get hurt, and my dad doesn't like me using his tools that much. All he remembers is when I messed with his tools three years ago.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:57 pm

My parents will not allow me to do get any of these "one time use toys." even with my own money :'( I'm not allowed to make a wBL either
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:38 am

one time use toys...wow what an insult.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:15 pm

My parents don't like the idea of me modding guns (but they are not going to stop me if i do). But they love the idea of making homemades they think it's a educational experience witch it is.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:49 pm

That makes no sense to me. Making your own gun and making a gun better are both educational.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:58 pm

My parents show off my guns all the time. None of them are stock anymore, one is completely covered in black burlap, there's 3 homemades, one of which is painted, etc. The pvc fittings and sawed out areas of my newest mod are really interesting to them. Still, feelings and attitudes shift so much when you are dealing with homemades. Suddenly, you are no longer "playing with toys", you are innovating. Others also take homemades differently. A huge thing of pvc with big tanks and the such is impressive while a stock soaker can invite ridicule.

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:37 pm

My parents said pretty much the same thing to me, I sort of ignored them and they forgot lol.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:08 am

Hmm..when my 4100 breaks down I'll salvage some parts.

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:09 am

hunter wrote:My parents said pretty much the same thing to me, I sort of ignored them and they forgot lol.
Damn it, now they've gone back to not letting me get guns...oh well..I can get more on my birthday in october...this time my throery wont work because i want stuff from ebay...(one of these :cps2000: )
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."