What Water Warriors gun to get? - Choices, choices...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:39 pm

I've heard good things about the Blazer, but also the Lightning/Piranha seems to be well-liked. Of course, I could get one of the Pre-chargers, but the Blazer seems to outperform them. My K-mart has a ton of different WW guns, so I can basically get any of the Pre-chargers, a Blazer, or a Lightning.

freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:30 pm

blazer or lightning. There both better then the pre-chargers.and yes I do have both guns

Edited By freak on 1122942986
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:16 pm

The Blazer would probably be my first choice (I have it), but after using the Precharger Krypton, I would say that they are about equal. The Krypton is perhaps a bit more powerful, but the Blazer has a much larger firing chamber, and has more nozzles. The Krypton is pretty hard to pump, but if you are strong enough then you can use the quick pressurization it allows to your advantage.

I haven't used it, but the Hydra Pak is also supposed to be good. I wouldn't reccomend any of the other, smaller guns, as they are too weak to be of much use, especially against the larger CPS guns.
ownage

freak

Post by freak » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 pm

Actually, the the piranha is about as powerful as the Blazer. It just has a smaller pc. I like the pianha better because it more easy to move with it.

Edited By freak on 1123029812
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:11 pm

My sis likes the Pirahna, so we'll go with that, I think.

Interesting how the smallest Pre-Charger is considered the best (decent output and excellent range), and how different the Xenon and Krypton are, despite what would appear to be only size differences. Honestly, between the two descriptions, I'd rather have the Xenon. Its smaller size is a plus, it's well-balanced, and easier to pump. Plus, it's cheaper.

Edit: Hey, is the CPS 4100 worth $40?

Edited By Master Yogurt on 1123295124

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 pm

Hey, is the CPS 4100 worth $40?

No. Wait for a better deal, unless you have to have one now.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:05 pm

No urgent need, so I'll hang on till winter brings ebay bargains.

From the iSoaker analysis, it didn't really sound worth the $40, but I figured the opinion of a user would be worth a lot. I'd rather spend the money on making an APH anyhow - it would last a lot longer, and probably be more effective. Plus, I need to engineer a way to add a trigger instead of having to turn the ball valve at the front of the gun, which would be really fun to work on.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:10 pm

Plus, I need to engineer a way to add a trigger instead of having to turn the ball valve at the front of the gun, which would be really fun to work on.

Then this topic might be of interest to you: Trigger System for Homemades
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:46 pm

I actually think that the Blazer is easily more powerful than the Piranha. But even if it is not, neither is large enough to limit mobility at all, so the Blazer is the better choice regardless.

I would say that compared to all the Water Warriors guns' prices the 4100 is easily worth $40, as it is much more powerful (easily the most powerful in stores now I beleive) and quite a bit larger. But you may as well wait for it to decrease in price anyway, if you can wait to own the people with WW and the new soakertag guns.

You do not want the Xenon. Trust me, it sucks. The Krytpon is much, much better.

And before you try to delve into the mostly undeveloped field of APH triggers, you should probably just make a regular one with just a ball valve. You could have a bit of threaded pipe on the end so you can trade out trigger valves.
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:14 pm

you should probably just make a regular one with just a ball valve.

Use a metal ball valve, they are superior to pvc ball valves. Metal ones open and close much faster and easier. A metal ball valve is nearly as efficient as a real trigger. As for homemade trigger systems, Nibor's design is there, so if anyone wants to take a shot at it, you're welcome to.

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:57 pm

I'll keep the metal ones in mind - I tested out the plastic ones at Home Depot a while before and was put off by their slowness. I'm glad there's an alternative.

The trigger is more so I can hold the gun naturally, the speed isn't a concern. I'd just rather hold the pump (or no part of the gun besides the handle) than have to turn a valve to fire.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:09 pm

You get used to pumping and firing with the same hand. Or at least with the homemades I've made where the [always tracked] pump is as close as possible to the ball valve. Unlike the "old-school" homemades where the pump is way under the valve and not fun to reach for. With a metal valve and tracked pump, pumping and firing with the same hand is no problem.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:35 pm

What piece do you use to change from plastic to metal? I've never seen anything like that, but it does sound like a good feature for simpler use.
ownage