Help Me - Im New

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
fastkill

Post by fastkill » Wed May 11, 2005 4:33 pm

Hey I'm new to water guns and have no clue what you guys are talking about on here. Ok but I want to know what is the best soaker that is in stores now. I'd like o get a decent main soaker and my friend has this one with two ammo things and I will probally get that as a side arm type/backupgun. Also My neighbor has this gun http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys and the sidearm gun I like is http://www.amazon.com/exec....&s=toys

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Wed May 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Welcome fastkill. All of the soakers are good in their own respects. I suggest the Flash Flood. A Constant Pressure System type soaker with a huge nozzle along with it's standard nozzle. When realeasing the Flash Flood trigger, the soaker actually recoils somewhat. I'm sure most will agree this is the most powerful blaster avalible in stores today. Here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec....=507846

If you want sonething that lasts longer, go with the AquaPack Devastator. This has a backpack that holds, I believe, 100 ounces of water. Also a Constant Pressure type. CPS blasters are usually the best. Amazon has no pictures. Google it for pictures.

Either of these plus, I would say the Triple Shot as a side arm are pretty well. Others have their opinions, these are just mine.

Hope this helps.

~SO

Edited By SharpObjects on 1115849863
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed May 11, 2005 5:32 pm

yup, sharpobjects is pretty much right.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed May 11, 2005 5:57 pm

Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

You'll definitely want to steer clear of that sidearm you have picked out - it's junk. Try a Triple Shot or one of the Water Warriors pistols as backup instead.

For a main gun I recommend either the Devastator (haven't used it, but everyone else loves it) or the Water Warriors Pirahna. I like the Pirahna over the Devastator concept. It isn't attached to a backpack but still carries a good supply of water, you get more nozzles, and it's extremely manueverable.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 11, 2005 7:39 pm

For a sidearm, I'd lean towards the Water Warriors Argon or Super Soaker Triple Shot. As for main stock blaster, the suggestions above are all pretty good so I won't re-type them again.

And welcome to the board!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Wed May 11, 2005 9:19 pm

For a main weapon, as has been said, the Devastator is awesome. It is powerful, reliable, very comfortable, and has a good water supply. Also, you might try the Water Warriors Blazer, which is pretty good, or the Krypton, which sounds quite good and powerful. Perhaps your best option though really would be to try to find a CPS 2100, which can still be found occasionally at large sporting good stores such as Academy Sports or Sports Authority.
ownage

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:56 pm

i agree with adrian, do not waste your money on that water gun you had decided upon. generally any gun that's not a super soaker, water warriors, or storm is probably junk.
-The Wizard of Water

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:14 am

Unless it's homemade :p Anyway, some TRU stores carry CPS 4100s, and Sports Authority/Academy Sports have been known to carry CPS 2100s. Those really would be the best guns to get via stores, but if neither are available, then go with a APD or maybe a Blazer. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

EOGamer

Post by EOGamer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:36 am

The Triple Shot is on sale at Target for $6.88 US through Saturday. I picked one up for my youngest son last night. It will be his first soaker with a trigger. Can't wait to see how he does with it.

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:02 am

like everyone else said, don't get the load'nshoot. I'm actually working on a mod that can turn it into a huge bazooka, but stock it is pretty pathetic. For backup i would suggest a triple shot, or xp270. for main gun, you should get a cps gun. if you can't find one, though, i recommend the flash flood, or a krypton. and a general rule of thumb is: if it's six flags, it's bad. so don't get the load'n'shoot.
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:29 am

How exactly would you turn that into a huge bazooka? CVF and nozzle mod, I guess, but theres not too much that you can do to save a pressuruzed reservoir gun.
ownage

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:03 pm

oh it's pressurized resevoir? darn. :(
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: