The Mythbusters - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:48 am

Everyone knows the myth that the CPS 2000 blew some kids' eye out, but has anyone tested it? No. These guys will.

The Mythbusters Forums

^Someone post up the CPS 2K myth there
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 pm

YES! I love these guys. Can you give me a link to the thread please? I would like to post comments there, this would be a nice test for them to do, Id like to know for sure :goofy: For those of you who do not know, the MythBusters is a show on the discovery channel 9yes this channel rocks) that test urban legends and myths, to see if they are actually true (Examples are exploding Bug Bombs, Cell Phones Igniting Gas Pumps, Blowing Up Cement Trucks, Shooting Buster the Dummy out of Homemade Cannons). I posted a thread on their message boards. Register there and give this thread some support! I would love to have the answer to this myth finally put under raps.

Clickie

edit- Can't search for it, either.:p When I entered "CPS 2000" into the search bar, I was greeted with a Link Error 404 page.
http://discovery.infopop.net/1....t1=Find Actually thanks, I will start a thread there now and keep the link updated.

Edited By Iceman on 1112216874
_

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:03 pm

Iceman wrote:YES! I love these guys. Can you give me a link to the thread please? I would like to post comments there, this would be a nice test for them to do, Id like to know for sure :goofy: For those of you who do not know, the MythBusters is a show on the discovery channel 9yes this channel rocks) that test urban legends and myths, to see if they are actually true (Examples are exploding Bug Bombs, Cell Phones Igniting Gas Pumps, Blowing Up Cement Trucks, Shooting Buster the Dummy out of Homemade Cannons). I posted a thread on their message boards. Register there and give this thread some support! I would love to have the answer to this myth finally put under raps.

Clickie

edit- Can't search for it, either.:p When I entered "CPS 2000" into the search bar, I was greeted with a Link Error 404 page.
http://discovery.infopop.net/1....t1=Find Actually thanks, I will start a thread there now and keep the link updated.
Dude when they shot Buster out of the cannon, Jamie Hyneman almost caught him in the wheelchair he placed there a few minutes earlier. Funny stuff. :crazy:

Back on topic, for the cps 2K myth, I'd test it with grapes.
:cps2000: *insert grape here*
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:57 am

I think I'm going to post the one about 'Can a SuperSoaker break a window?' However, SSC is down so I need the article.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:51 pm

I already put a thred in for the CPS 2000 myth, but it's already burried in like... 20 pages. And no posts that I know of. :(

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:21 pm

I doubt that they will spend time on the CPS2000 myth/fiction. A quote from the site:
Please post science related ideas for the MythBusters
. Its scientificaly NOT possible to blow someones eye out with a watergun that does not shoot farther than 15 meters. Its a rumor started by demented kids who skiped basic science classes. Damage nerves on the eyeball, perhaps. But not blow it out. Demonstrators in the past got a firehose blast in their faces from close range and they could still see fine after awhile. The blowing eye out myth is as impossible as the lawsuit of some kid breaking a car window with a soaker.

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1112491435
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:48 pm

Here is a quote from a reply to my thead over on the MythBuster Forums.
I think the powers that be would have tested this product, as they test many. Instead of like a helmet, where they test the protection factor, they'd test it in terms of threat factor. If it exceeded a certain "dangerous" PSI, changes would need to be made or it would not be passed as safe. They probably also had a warning that stated "avoid direct eye contact."

The last sentence is very strong evidence, as well as this whole post supporting that the theory is incorrect. While we may never know, He does have a point, Larami would not introduce something extremely dangerous that can blow eyes out. The myth? to add to the "awe" factor of the gun. Technically can't confirm it but in my book? Myth busted, it can't blow out an eye.
_

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:53 am

yeah, that's the whole point of mythbusters, they bust myths. (thus the name) and besides, they're the mythbusters, they would find a way to blow someone's eye out. they would pump it up to like 2000 PSI and shoot it at point blank range.
-The Wizard of Water

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:41 pm

It shouldn't be to hard or expensive to test, just get a pig's head, CPS 2000(they're discovery channel, they can have whatever they want), some water and a camera. Easy.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:23 pm

and i'm sure the mythbusters antics would cause a lot of soakage of cast and crew as well. :p

Edited By BlueMage on 1117747563
-The Wizard of Water

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:49 pm

It would be pretty easy for them to get together this experiment. It's gotta be pretty funny to see something get blown out/up/through by a CPS, and what they use to make the gun do that.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?