Shield Blasters - Just Shield Blasters in general...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:45 pm

Shield Blasters are awesome. Please posts your thoughts on the following.

Shield Blaster 1000: Very cheap. Has no strap, very uncomforting to hold. Also, it's "shield" is extremely small.

Shield Blaster 2000: Good with it's 4 nozzle settings, but it's settings need to be better :laugh: , as well as it's shield needs to cover more area.

Shield Blaster 3000: Very large. It's nozzle is kind of good. It's shield is awesome, so this is likely the best Shield Blaster.

Any thoughts?

____

:cps1500: :ss50: :(
ARMOURY (I live in the U.S.A., where it's spelled A-R-M-O-R-Y)

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:46 pm

What does code mean?

Code: Select all

What does code mean?[/color]

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:33 pm

Code makes your text look like this.
You have to put the [/CODE] command behind it for it to work.

Personally, I find the crank system rather unusual. Also, what fun's a soakfest (if anyone still does that) if you don't get wet?[/color]

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm

I'm tempted to try a Shield Blaster 3000. They're all over the place down here and look pretty big.

monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:33 am

[CODEuh...um]

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:42 am

O.K. so I want isoaker_com (or something like that) to come and ask questions about SB 1000 and 3000( he doesn't have them in his armoury listing) but that's O.K., right??

???

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:31 am

Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

We frown on more than two posts in a row...please try to condense your information into one through the use of the edit button.

Shieldblasters, according to member review from last year, aren't any good. They're hard to manage and get low range due to the cranking system.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:41 am

5 posts in a row = big no no. Though I feel that you knew that. I won't make any accusations, but it really does look like you're going out of your way to sound like some kid, especially given that the spelling and such is correct for the most part.

Anyone remember last year at WaterWar.net when someone came on all happy about the Shield Blasters? When someone accused them of working for Mattel, they skipped town. I'm not really accusing you of working for Mattel, but it is especially suspicious given that you love Shield Blasters and you appear to want iSoaker to add them to his armoury listing.

Here's my suggestion: Use that CPS 1000 reported in your armoury instead of your Shield Blasters.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:56 am

Thread moved and to be cleaned of useless posts shortly.

As for Shield Blasters, the concept is nice, but there are a few problems I experienced using the one I bought and figure the smaller and larger versions won't be much different:

i) crank-style pumping is just something I'm not used to. Maybe it's just me, but I really prefer forward-and-back pumping as opposed to making circular motions, especially if a blaster is being held by my left hand due to the position of the crank
ii) I prefer blasters that store pressure as opposed to needing to be pumped/cranked to shoot. Sure, the crank-systems lets you make a fairly continuous stream (I have pumps at work based on the same peristaltic system), but you need to pump fairly quickly to get adequate pressure/range.
iii) shields - just don't use 'em. Thus, for me, it's an added weight/bulk that I'd rather not have. Some may like the shield idea, but I prefer dodging as opposed to blocking.

That said, if you like the Sheild Blasters, that's great. I'd be happy to post up pictures and reviews on them if you can provide both. For me, though, unless I see a major change in design, it's not something I'd pick up anytime soon. I have nothing against reviewing them, but I just don't have enough liquid assets (pun intended :goofy:) to buy more soakers.

@monarchqb12: your posting style is borderline spamming. Continue to do multiple useless posts and you will have your account downgraded.

As for the whole 'code' business, it's meant for posting code:

This is how text looks when wrapped in the Code tags.
:cool:[/color]
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:17 pm

uh... you have 2 shield threads, you only need 1. on your other, you made not 2, but... 9 posts in a row. And unlike doom, i DO accuse you of working for Mattel! see your other thread to see how i feel about shield-blasters. Use your cps1000 if your smart. Or don't use blasters, it's your job to make them.
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: