First Skirmish of 2005 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:52 pm

As some may know, I get more solitary soaker practice than I do get to participate in actual water fights. However, when the weather is right and I can find a few or more willing targets..errr... friends, a soaker-fight isn't too far off.

At any rate, last Friday, I had my first set of mini-skirmishes for 2005. 'twas at a work-related party/BBQ and me, being a soaker fanatic, decided to bring along 4 blasters to the party, unbeknownst to the remainder of the guests :goofy: Being an extremely hot and humid day, everyone was complaining about the heat and longing for ways to cool off. With opportunity in hand, I pulled out two soakers at first (a Super Soaker Helix and the Super Soaker Flash Flood). The Helix may not be too powerful, but I really like how its spiraling streams coat areas. The Flash Flood, well, is a great 'ice-breaker' when it comes to introducing the current state of modern water warfare to the un-initiated. With some admiring the gentle spiral of water from the Helix and the standard stream from the Flash Flood against a tree, a sudden blast from the Flash Flood's large nozzle got things started (especially as that blast was actually aimed at someone as opposed to inanimate objects :goofy: ).

Wanting revenge, I was asked if I had any other soakers available. I happily pulled out a Water Warriors Xenon and Water Warriors Blazer to add to the fray. Had I known of the warm reception to the water blasters, I would have brought more along. However, as I wasn't sure about the availability of water nor willing participants, I had opted to only bring the 4 blasters.

Being the 'initiator', I also found myself targetted by others many times over whether I had a soaker in hand or not! I opted to be nice and never used the Flash Flood (though it sure was used against me! :goofy:) I did most of my combat with either the Helix or Blazer. Output and ranges aside, while water lasted, the Helix, Flash Flood, and Blazer performed similarly in terms of general intimidation and soakage per shot. Sure the Flash Flood's main blast could out-drench, but if it missed, the user would need to do some serious pumping (and running) before he/she could fire again. The Blazer's large reservoir meant it lasted longer between fills. While the Helix's capacity was small, I found myself still really enjoying making it 'rain' on people by doing rapid quick pumps at a slightly more raised angle. It may not soak in a single shot, but the 'rain' made it harder for my opponents to see and aim properly, allowing me to further taunt them until I found myself out of water.

It was also the first time I really tried using blasters as make-shift shields by turning the side of a blaster to deflect an incoming stream. Some stream would still get through at times, but it did help reduce my wetness.

As the skirmishes progressed, blasters were passed from one to another to allow people to 'take revenge' on those who had shot at them earlier.

By the latter part of the day, those who participated in the make-shift skirmishes were soaked, but much cooler and smiling. Definitely a successful soaking day! Many asked me where I had bought these soakers from and roughly how much they'd cost. They also wanted a 'rematch' at some later point this summer. I know I'll gladly take them up on their request. Perhaps if there's enough interest, might try something slightly more organized next time.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:21 pm

Sounded great! :)

Glad your first fight of the season was good. I'm the same as you. I have only had one fight this season just because of the weather at all the wrong times and school work with the exams. It had been really sunny and hot last week when I was at school but then when it came o this weekend its been horrible so only one fight has been squeezed out of the past months. :(

Hopefully more fights and entertainment will come soon though. And I can't wait until I gain more reputation to try and persuade my friends to water fight I could hopefully entertain at parties with my trusty CPS 2000 and 2500.

I just opened my new 2500 today and boy does it shoot far. Just edging out my 2000. But I am not saying that my 2000 is bad. :goofy:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:43 pm

Sounds like a great time, Isoaker. I'm hoping to get a fight started today (it's 91 out) so I'll report back later on what happened. Definitely looking forward to trying out the FF in combat, but I get the feeling I'll be using my Pirahna more.

Am I starting to sound like a Pirahna salesman or what? :cool:

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:09 pm

Congrats... I haven't fought yet!
ARMOURY (I live in the U.S.A., where it's spelled A-R-M-O-R-Y)

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

monarchqb12

Post by monarchqb12 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:11 pm

My Group is awesome. I am the leader, and Isoaker.com needs to update it.
ARMOURY (I live in the U.S.A., where it's spelled A-R-M-O-R-Y)

Vaporizer
Liquidator
Max-D 5000
CPS 1000
XP 95
Light Green Mini Luger
Yellow VERY TINY gun
Light Green Space Gun
Water Bomb
Water Bomb
Shield Blaster 1000
Shield Blaster 2000
Shield Blaster 3000

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:29 pm

Please don't double post! [Or post 9 times in a row for that matter] Also, Isoaker can't update your team's profile unless you supply that information to him. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:59 pm

Am I starting to sound like a Pirahna salesman or what?

You mean you're NOT a Piranha saleman? :goofy:

I would've brought along my Lightning as well, but hadn't taken it out for quicker access the night before (my storage system is in need or a little re-org. :p

From what I saw, the Flash Flood performed beautifully as did the Blazer and Helix. The Xenon, however, felt a little underpowered compared to the others. While the Xenon's stream is smooth and silky, the fact that its overall output is limited had people preferring using the others. Of course, the Xenon got more shots per tank than the rest so, in the end, Xenon users were still soakin' away while others were scrambling for the refill hose.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:46 pm

awwwwww... I want to have fights with siblings but they just want to swim in the pool.....
:( :soaked:
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:33 pm

haha nice

my first skirmish was with my dad's friend, i had my 1500 and he had my 2700. both parties were soaked.
-The Wizard of Water