Would someone please convince me to buy devastator

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sun May 01, 2005 9:29 pm

I'm in the market for a compliment to my newly bought and modded Flash flood. From what I hear, the devastator is equal, or better, than the flash flood.

However, I'm skeptical...
I'm glad it has a backpack for extra water (My modded FF holds 110 oz, to see how I did it, check out my other recent thread.) I also hear it has a pretty decent stream. However, is that enough to buy it? Please state your opinions, and I promise that as long as you treat me with respect, I will treat your posts with respect.

P.S. If there are any good mods for it, I'd be glad to hear them. Thankyou.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 02, 2005 6:16 am

More appropriate for 'Basics' forum. Thread moved.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Mon May 02, 2005 8:43 am

hmm...if your modded FF holds 110 ozs. then dont bother with getting the dev. Mod your FF so its insanely powerful.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon May 02, 2005 12:34 pm

Broncostar wrote:I'm in the market for a compliment to my newly bought and modded Flash flood. From what I hear, the devastator is equal, or better, than the flash flood.

However, I'm skeptical...
I'm glad it has a backpack for extra water (My modded FF holds 110 oz, to see how I did it, check out my other recent thread.) I also hear it has a pretty decent stream. However, is that enough to buy it? Please state your opinions, and I promise that as long as you treat me with respect, I will treat your posts with respect.

P.S. If there are any good mods for it, I'd be glad to hear them. Thankyou.
Did you mod your FF? There's no way it could hold 110 oz otherwise.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 02, 2005 12:54 pm

^ he said his 'modded FF'. :goofy:

He pushed up a post on what he did in the Workshop forum.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Yep, I threw on a 2 liter bottle with some painter's tape and molding clay. Stands up okay, I don't care too much about some slight leakage- you're going to get wet anyways, eh?

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:23 pm

Well, it seems kind of pointless to get a 3L gun if you already have one, so I think that your good with your FF.
Edit: spelling

Edited By supersoaker on 1117833848
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:45 pm

Well, the Dev is a much better gun, even with the mod on the FF. BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I have taken apart both my DEV and FF and the Dev has a slightly but noticeably thicker CPS chamber. They are both about the same size, though, and expand to about the same length. The Dev's stream is definately more powerful than the FF's stock, and has a slightly longer range, actually, despite what Hasbro put on the boxes. Also, the Dev is perfect as a backup weapon, I have started using it as a backup to my 3200 (I hang it from one of the straps) but it really works best to wear the backpackhang use a single piece soaker aas your main weapon.

As for mods, it will take the CVF and collosus, which at the moment I am working on for mine.
ownage