Acquired the Krypton - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Acquired the Krypton - ^

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:51 pm

Just picked up a Water Warriors Krypton today. Saw the others, but am a little tight on cash at the moment so they'll have to wait. Also saw the Super Soaker Triple Shot, but that one needs to wait, too. Due to this acquisition, the Krypton will be the soaker I next review after I finish the Flash Flood's review. I can't say much on it yet since my Krypton is still boxed (need to take pics first before opening). Will have more to say perhaps tomorrow.

Soak on!

:cool:

Link to primary Water Warriors AquaMaster PreChargers Krypton discussion thread
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:40 am

Nice one! I want a Krypton but I am in the UK so they are probably not out yet. I don't really know where to buy it as the stores in the UK that should be getting the Water Warriors guns in are not too familiar. Where did you get it from? I may just buy it off the internet.

:blazer: :cps2000:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:11 am

I purchased my Krypton from Walmart for $27 Cdn. Not cheap, but bareable. They pretty much had the entire 2005 Water Warriors (though released in 2004 for those in Australia and New Zealand) including the Aqua Pak (bigger than I thought) and some recolours of older soakers.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:36 am

$27 Cdn. If you thought that was high then in the UK it will probably be nearly double that. It will probably be about £20-25 over here which in my point of view is too much. Thank you for letting me know where you got it from. I also want quite a few of the Water Warriors line incuding the Aqua Pak. I want a Blazer too which I heard has been recoloured. Did you see how big the nozzles were on the Aqua Pak? (I hope they aren't all small I want some big ones!)
The following Water Warriors guns I want are:
Argon
Xenon
Krypton
Aqua Pak
Blazer

Quite a lot I know. But they look really promising.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1112186240

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:59 pm

Just tried out the Krypton a bit. As others have noted before, the Aqua Master Pre-Charge system is a good idea, but some aspects really need to be worked out. My main complaint is the sheer difficulty one has when pumping up the pre-charged blaster. For those who want a good workout, this blaster is for you. Sure it only takes a few pumps to completely pressurize the firing chamber, but the energy that one needs to exert when pumping is too much, IMO. The stream performance is definitely better than standard air-pressure blasters, but the stiffness of pumping is a major limiting factor.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:36 am

Hard to pump, I really need a good workout on my arms, so in a way, it might help me. I am still buying one even if I have to wait.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:21 am

I know exactly what you mean isoaker, after prolonged use my chest and elbows ached after using the Krypton! Fortunately its smaller brother the Xenon is a lot easier (although still difficult than a normal soaker). I emailed Jeff (president of Buzz Bee Toys) and suggested that next year they make the Krypton with a 'normal' sized pump shaft that requires 5-6 pumps to fully pressurize. He replied that they would change it to something like that next year. When it comes out, I will definitely be buying the new model as the Krypton is otherwise quite a good gun.

Edit: Speaking of prices, over here in New Zealand the Krypton was $50 at K-mart...we seem to pay heaps for waterguns over here :(

Edited By sbell25 on 1112340290

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:41 am

When it comes out in the UK it will be something along the lines of £25-30. It is dear but I still really want one as well as the Xenon and Argon.

When I finally do get them, I will post a review with shot images hopefully.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:22 am

Anyone who has a Krypton, I'd love to push up more reviews on it on iSoaker.com.

@sbell25: Jeff is a really cool guy. I'm sure Buzz Bee Toys will do what it can to improve the functionality of their blasters. As you suggested, a few more, but easier, pumps would be better than the current really tough 3 pumps it takes to pressurize the Pre-Charged Krypton. The performance is good, just really tough to pump. I'll try out the others in the line (i.e. the Argon and Xenon) as soon as I can afford to buy 'em. :goofy:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:20 am

I will try to buy them as soon as they are out over here in the UK. Unless anyone knows any websites (in the US) where I could purchase them from before they come over here which I think will be a while yet let me know since I will be getting a Paypal account very soon.

:cps2000: :cps3000:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1112365288

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:46 pm

Krypton Review posted.

Enjoy!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:01 pm

Yes! Thanks isoaker. I'm definately getting a Krypton when they come out over here. I don't care how hard to pump it is as I really need to strengthen my arms up. Love everything about it. Can't wait for the rest like the Hydra Pak.etc.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:01 am

Looking good Isoaker! :) . I see you didn't get the ranges up as yet

:soakon:
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:22 pm

^ I can't/won't be doing range testing until the weather here is a lot better (it was a raining/snowing/sleeting/really-all-out-nasty all weekend here). Ranges will hopefully be tested sometime in late May or early June on some nice, sunny weekend.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:58 pm

isoaker_com wrote:^ I can't/won't be doing range testing until the weather here is a lot better (it was a raining/snowing/sleeting/really-all-out-nasty all weekend here). Ranges will hopefully be tested sometime in late May or early June on some nice, sunny weekend.

Too bad, I was kind of looking forward to the ranges. Too bad about the weather though, it's been in the 70's all week where I am :goofy:.

:soakon:
ImageImage