just bought the 05 line - in it's entirety

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 pm

Hmmmm.....A little disappointing, as most of my current guns can clear 50ft. easily. Then again the FF is more like a pistol and I guess its range is good for its size. I'm hoping it can make at least 35ft. because I'll probably still end up getting one. A pistol with CPS power is too good to resist.:cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:34 am

Shot
Triple shot – 175 ml
Flash Flood – 350 ml
Arctic Shock – 125 ml
Devastator – 350 ml

From a general bigger picture point of view, its not impressive. It makes the CPS 2100 848ml(212ml per second) look good. Well, it makes alot of soakers look good.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm salivating just looking at the 3S. It's like it's a dream come true! A handheld powerful gun!

8-O

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:22 pm

Recently posted by mwah on H2O:

Found one Wookie Blaster at Shopko today. That gun looks BAD!!! The trigger is massive, as big as my fist. And there's a cage around the grip that doesn't allow lefthanded use. The nozzle is tiny. Maybe I could forgive this gun some of its flaws if the nozzle was big, but I've seen Storms with bigger nozzles.

Interestingly, they put a big warning on the package that the gun should never be completely submerged. Probably due to the electronics.

Chalk this one up to the gimmick gun of the year.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:00 pm

I figured any SW guns would be no good. At least Super Soaker's consistent.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:06 pm

Found the new Blazers at Kmart today. White-ish grey body with blue accents. Better than cranberry/burgundy and black IMO. Also found 3 different colorways of Gremlins at Walmart, as well as a stack of Liquidators.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:54 pm

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:
Shot
Triple shot – 175 ml
Flash Flood – 350 ml
Arctic Shock – 125 ml
Devastator – 350 ml

From a general bigger picture point of view, its not impressive. It makes the CPS 2100 848ml(212ml per second) look good. Well, it makes alot of soakers look good.
Actually, the Flash Flood's Flash Flood feature actually clears the CPS2100 mark. I believe it's about 12x.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:26 pm

I can't wait to buy the Flash Flood. I bought the Arctic Shock (you can see the review on Hydrowar). I actually have found the Arctic Shock to be pretty good, although I agree with you entirely about the short pump shaft, it's crazy. The XP 150 pumped like 2 oz with each pump if I remember right, at that rate it would have taken only 2 pumps to fill the entire firing chamber for the Arctic Shock instead of the 16 it takes me.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:30 pm

Good to see you 'round, M4! Will go check out Hydrowar momentarily. Arctic Shocks seems to have some issues.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Good to see you 'round, M4! Will go check out Hydrowar momentarily. Arctic Shocks seems to have some issues.

I beat two CPS users with it in a battle yesterday. Today it's cold and rainy. The ice thing works well for me. I know most of you guys think it's a gimmick, and I don't see the "ice core" as a reason to buy this gun just for that, but I was using it yesterday and people were running from me because they did NOT want to get shot.Here's my review
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:38 pm

^ Good review. You offer some interesting perspectives on the blaster. However, upon visiting Hydrowar, I was saddened. However, to not drag this thread too far off topic, I started a new one in the Soaker Network section regarding Hydrowar. For those who don't know what, check out Hydrowar, then post thoughts in the appropriate thread in the Soaker Network category.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Hmm...I haven't seen any of the new blasters around here, so I'm suspecting that we will get them come spring. All together, it seems like a will be getting a Flash Flood for modification purposes. The rest of the line seems a bit underpowered, however I'm glad that I'm not seeing any lights and sound effects (except for the Wookie blaster), and most of the gun's seemed straightforward. Weak, but straightforward at least.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 pm

Recently posted by mwah at H2O.

Kmart got in a whole bunch of new guns. Super Soaker Arctic Shocks and WW Gremlins and Xenons. The Xenon is a disappointment. It's tiny! While the tank and p/c seem large enough, the trigger guard is too small for me to get my hand around the handle properly - my pinky finger has to go under the guard - and the gun itself seems little bigger than a pistol. Maybe that's a good thing though.

All due respect to The Bee, but I'm on the average-to-smaller side of the adult population, and if I can't fit my hand in the trigger guard, there's something seriously wrong with this gun.

Adrian

Edited By Adrian on 1109439082

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:46 am

Went shopping today (only momentarily, unforunately) and headed to the local TRU (in Chicago, IL). Found the 2005 Super Soaker series and happily picked up everything I saw. My previous envy level for those who had found these guys since Jan has now dropped. :goofy: Oddly, though, they didn't have any Triple Strikes. :oo:

At any rate, all the talk about soakers and no one here mentioned Mt. Tiki Soki! :goofy: Ok, it's not a soaker, but I know the thing uses CPS tech and could potentially make a funny base defence device.

That said, reviews shall come, but it'll be at least a week until I could get the first one up due to work, current global position, and just available time).

I'll babble more later after I have a chance to try a couple out a bit.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:48 pm

Just tried out the Flash Flood and Arctic Shock a bit.. (yup, a double post, but they're spaced in time :goofy: )

As all who have used it have noted, the Flash Flood is a great soaker. The power from its standard nozzle is solid while the 'riot blast' has kick reminiscent of the CPS2000, albeit with likely lower range and less output. My main complaint on it is the trigger. I'm not sure if it's just mine, but when I first pulled the trigger after pumping, I got a piddly stream coming out. I thought it was broken, but after pulling a little harder, it appears just due to not pulling enough to fully open the nozzle valve. The force required to shoot properly was a little more than I think is comfortable for prolonged use.

The Arctic Shock, while still a decent blaster, just seems to pale compared to the Flash Flood. The ice core popsicle thing is,well, interesting (though some would say gimmicky). Without the core, the soaker holds a fair amount of water. However, the PC feels small and the pump seems to have lag time. At least for me, it is impossible to pump quickly since I need to wait a second after extending the pump for the pump piston to fill with water that can be pushed into the separate pressure chamber. Somewhat annoying, actually.

For full reviews, I'll go into more detail than the above little snippets. Just wanted to share my experiences thusfar. I'll try out the Aquapack Devastator tomorrow sometime.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:07 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Just tried out the Flash Flood and Arctic Shock a bit.. (yup, a double post, but they're spaced in time :goofy: )

As all who have used it have noted, the Flash Flood is a great soaker. The power from its standard nozzle is solid while the 'riot blast' has kick reminiscent of the CPS2000, albeit with likely lower range and less output. My main complaint on it is the trigger. I'm not sure if it's just mine, but when I first pulled the trigger after pumping, I got a piddly stream coming out. I thought it was broken, but after pulling a little harder, it appears just due to not pulling enough to fully open the nozzle valve. The force required to shoot properly was a little more than I think is comfortable for prolonged use.

The Arctic Shock, while still a decent blaster, just seems to pale compared to the Flash Flood. The ice core popsicle thing is,well, interesting (though some would say gimmicky). Without the core, the soaker holds a fair amount of water. However, the PC feels small and the pump seems to have lag time. At least for me, it is impossible to pump quickly since I need to wait a second after extending the pump for the pump piston to fill with water that can be pushed into the separate pressure chamber. Somewhat annoying, actually.

For full reviews, I'll go into more detail than the above little snippets. Just wanted to share my experiences thusfar. I'll try out the Aquapack Devastator tomorrow sometime.

I agree about the Arctic Shock. I'm anxiously looking forward to getting the Flash Flood, and I can't wait to hear about the Aquapack Devastator. BTW, what nozzle sizes does the Flash Flood have? You should get a report up soon!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:30 pm

On Soaker Media, we have a picture of the nozzle sizes. The bottom one is maybe 2X output and the top on could be 5X or higher.

Edit:There's a picture in this thread somewhere

Edited By NiborDude on 1110140285
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:48 pm

My fault for not being able to put the picture on the site yet. Hunter submitted so many pictures in that topic that now I'm completely swamped under. Right now I have a lot of homework, so I won't be able to deal with the mass of images. :(

Edited By Duxburian on 1110160133
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:54 am

Just posted by me on H2O:
Besides a few of the aforementioned guns and a couple of teeny Shield Blasters, ToysRUs has the smallest of the WW PreCharge system. This makes little sense to me...two of the guns are so small as to be impractical for even mid-sized users, and the only other one is a huge rifle that according to all reports has a bad pump. Oh yeah, and there's a new massive Shield Blaster out.

Adrian