For 2005 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:06 pm

Under the aquapack it says " Outsoak you'r competition! ?? oz backpack water supply! For ?? I think it says 130 but I am not sure.

Under flash flood I believe it says "Unleash a tidal wave! 2 ?? ?? for total soakage!".

For the triple shot I can make out "3 ways to soak you'r competition! Regular, ??, and fan blast modes!".

Any guesses to what the rest is that I couldn't make out?

Edited By Crashdummy on 1103423024

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:30 pm

I think the second word in the Triple Shot's description is "Wide".

I'm quite curious about the Flash Flood soaker.. trying to figure out if it has a particularly large shot-gun-type nozzle fed by what could be a cylindrical CPS chamber. Too bad that info has to be found online this way, though. If only Hasbro would be willing to push up info on the major fansites (i.e. SSCentral, Water-Talk.org, and here).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:32 pm

<Sulu>Oh My.</Sulu>

Firstly, the Wookie blaster is clearly a Brute Shot... :p (I kid.)

Secondly, I'm digging the look of the 4 new blasters... they look more like what an "Elite" Soaker line should look like, rather than like rejected Phaser rifles from Star Trek: Voyager. They very much do look "down to business", which is good.

The new backpack cannon looks awesome; while the neon colouring of the mid-90's never really bothered me, I'm happy to see some darker, toned down colours used without giving the blasters the "Spaceman" look.

Performance wise, of course, there's know way to know how these will do... but I'm optimistic this year. Between these and Buzz Bee, this year could be superhappyjoyfun. That's right... SUPERhappyjoyfun.
"...Yes."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:11 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Look like junk? Oh well.. differences of opinion on aesthetics, I suppose Too each their own... :goofy:
By look like junk, I meant they look like the current crop of SS soakers. Flashy, perhaps innovative styling, but lacking in the performance department. I'm not expecting any beam shot higher than a 1x, and no extra nozzle of more use than the Secret Strike's pitiful "fan" blast. Of course, not only am I pessimistic by nature, but I purposefully DO NOT get my hopes up. That way I'm never disappointed. :goofy:

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:08 am

I looked at the backpack soaker and I think it might be CPS. The backpack almost looks like a powerpack. So it might have a QFD. I think theres a small possibility that one of the soakers is CPS. If it is, it's probably not that good. But atleast it's a move in a better direction. :cool:
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:31 am

Adrian wrote: Of course, not only am I pessimistic by nature, but I purposefully DO NOT get my hopes up. That way I'm never disappointed. :goofy:

Adrian
Looking at the 2005 line, the Hasbro engeneers have lowered their expectation to. Giving a backpack to a blaster,(regardless if or if not CPS) at best as large as a CPS 2100, is just lame designing( handle size and its proportions show its not a big soaker). Also, everything is known from a Star Wars board. That shows what Super Soaker really thinks about its hardcore fans if they won't eve give a quick notice. Those Half-Assed designes and Super Soaker's attitude make me glad I retired from soaking. What would have upset me a year ago, is now very much amusing to me.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:54 am

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:
Adrian wrote: Of course, not only am I pessimistic by nature, but I purposefully DO NOT get my hopes up. That way I'm never disappointed. :goofy:

Adrian

Looking at the 2005 line, the Hasbro engeneers have lowered their expectation to. Giving a backpack to a blaster,(regardless if or if not CPS) at best as large as a CPS 2100, is just lame designing( handle size and its proportions show its not a big soaker). Also, everything is known from a Star Wars board. That shows what Super Soaker really thinks about its hardcore fans if they won't eve give a quick notice. Those Half-Assed designes and Super Soaker's attitude make me glad I retired from soaking. What would have upset me a year ago, is now very much amusing to me.
I could not agree with you more. This is totally NOT what i expected, however you cannot judge a book by its cover. Everything is copied from the Secret Strike/Liquidator design, nearly everything, thats poor engineering, and I have no doubt the performance is poor. I will be keeping my eyes on the backpack cannon, see if it can live up to it's name. How satisfied am I? Very Dissapointed. I stated that they had the 2005 year to make them better, they just failed. Our team will no longer endorse the Super Soaker Brand as our blaster of choice.
_

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:59 am

^ Not endorsing is stupid. I thought we all learned that from Commander Bob last year. This is VISIBLE IMPROVEMENT. For all we know, the price limit just went up from $20 to $30. Stop complaining. The only real problem I have is the some of the colors, especially the Vaporizer colors, I loved the grey and blue of my old Vaporizer.

Also, gun size DOES NOT DETERMINE POWER. I have an APH a few inches longer than my CPS 1000 and it's about as powerful as my dual-PC APH -- the only problem is PC size which is still a healthy 600 - 700 ml. They could very easily make a backpack gun much shorter simply by using the space more efficiently. I'm not going to say that they will though -- the Triple Aggressor was very large for an air pressure gun and had a 180 ml PC.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:13 am

Doom wrote:^ Not endorsing is stupid. I thought we all learned that from Commander Bob last year.
Um, meaning?

The reactions so far have been fairly predictable. Plenty of speculation, and some have already decided against them. No surprises, really. We'll just have to wait until we get more information.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:47 am

I can't say copying designs is a sign of poor engineering. The CPS-1000 and CPS 2000 / 2500 shared many similar design features, not to mention the XP150, XP110, XP310, and MaxD6000 and all were good blasters for their size. I, personally, liked the looks of the MaxD SecretStrike and Liquidator not to mention how they felt when using them. I'll admit the power of the fan blast and stream on the Secret Strike lacked, but had no complaints on the Liquidator. I can only hope the new crop perform well, but that remains to be tested. I'm also a little curious whether some of those soakers may be more specialized in their usage, notably the Flash Flood one.

As for learning about the soakers from a Star Wars board, that's not too surprising to me. The Star Wars network is just a much, much, MUCH larger entity than online Soakerdom. A StarWars Super Soaker is no surprise either since they've been made before (and those appeared with the Monster line).

I'd like to consider the notion of a SoakerTag Elite line a step in the right direction towards actually catering to the more ambitious water warrior. As Doom would well note, homemade soakers will still, if built properly, soak the pants off of any store bought stock soaker, but it'd be sweet if the stock soaker's average power went up to at least to the 1998 CPS Super Soaker standards if not more. As for the coming line, things appear to be looking up, but we really just need more info than a few thumbnail-size pics.

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:23 pm

Iceman wrote:I will be keeping my eyes on the backpack cannon, see if it can live up to it's name. How satisfied am I? Very Dissapointed. I stated that they had the 2005 year to make them better, they just failed. Our team will no longer endorse the Super Soaker Brand as our blaster of choice.
The way I see it, the "SUPER SOAKER" brand I knew and grew up with does not exist anymore. That toyline retired with the MXL 2003. (In retail, upgrates of previous models count as new models altogether. This means the MXL 2003 is not a 2002 soaker. Soakertags are not upgrades, so the 2004 CPS 4100 is still a 2002 soaker -just in case someone wants to do a smartass coment.)

Anyways, the Super Soaker brand which is now in stores might has the same name, but other than that, it ends right there. In actuality its already a different toy line, matching its different management(article about a late 2003-2004 Management/Staff change which was on WWN if anyone still remembers) and matching its different Logo.

On a sidenote, I get dejavu with this tread. We already played "Which-one-is-the-CPS-Soaker-Game" last year, when Hyper posted the Soaker 2004 images. Some already speculated that 3A has tremendos CPS power equal to the CPS 1000 or higher. Whoever won that game, it sure wasn't us, since the 3A didn't even have an actual seperate pressure tank. And this year the game is back again, and just like every other reality show, it will have that same lame twist at the end like in the previous season finaly.
As I said, I find this now fairly amusing.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:56 pm

I'm also a little curious whether some of those soakers may be more specialized in their usage, notably the Flash Flood one.

What do you find interesting about the Flash Flood?

Edited By Crashdummy on 1103479064

RAK

Post by RAK » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:01 pm

all you guys have to go by is illegible descriptions and pictures with details that can't be made out. instead of saying its all over, check out the soakers and give them a shot. dont judge a soaker by its picture.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Some already speculated that 3A has tremendos CPS power equal to the CPS 1000 or higher. Whoever won that game, it sure wasn't us, since the 3A didn't even have an actual seperate pressure tank.

Uh.. the 3A has a separate pressure tank; it's just not a CPS-chamber and the separate PC is relatively small for a blaster of its overall size.

As RAK restated, things need to be tested. At best, comments on looks are valid but very subjective. Apart from that, we just don't know how these things perform. Sure, there are no noticeable CPS2500-type cannons there, but that doesn't mean these soakers aren't worthy of use. Only testing them can determine their functionality.

From the little, tiny, blurry pic, it looks like it has a particularly larger nozzle in the front almost like a riot-nozzle-type opening. Behind that appears to be a housing area similar in style to a CPS Splashzooka i.e. may be housing for a cylindrical CPS chamber. That would make sense to put something like that there to give a large nozzle enough power to push out a good blast of water and that would make the name "Flash Flood" make sense. The reservoir appears to be on the bottom with the fill cap on the back/top end of the reservoir. However, all of this is pure speculation based on the name and a low-res image.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:24 pm

Doom wrote:^ Not endorsing is stupid. I thought we all learned that from Commander Bob last year. This is VISIBLE IMPROVEMENT.
Of course this is visible improvement. I am talking performance wise I expect them to be crud. I also am very well aware of the phrase "dont judge a book by its cover". There has been an pattern the community has recognized ( Secret Strike ---> Liquidator) and this is what I expect from them. It is not wrong to have at least some skeptiscism about the line, and Im sure everyone has it, no matter how minute. Like Rak and Isoaker have said, we're gonna need to do some testing, live field testing and scientific analysis (stats). Next year is going to be interesting.
_

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:46 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
Some already speculated that 3A has tremendos CPS power equal to the CPS 1000 or higher. Whoever won that game, it sure wasn't us, since the 3A didn't even have an actual seperate pressure tank.

Uh.. the 3A has a separate pressure tank; it's just not a CPS-chamber and the separate PC is relatively small for a blaster of its overall size.

As RAK restated, things need to be tested. At best, comments on looks are valid but very subjective. Apart from that, we just don't know how these things perform. Sure, there are no noticeable CPS2500-type cannons there, but that doesn't mean these soakers aren't worthy of use. Only testing them can determine their functionality.

From the little, tiny, blurry pic, it looks like it has a particularly larger nozzle in the front almost like a riot-nozzle-type opening. Behind that appears to be a housing area similar in style to a CPS Splashzooka i.e. may be housing for a cylindrical CPS chamber. That would make sense to put something like that there to give a large nozzle enough power to push out a good blast of water and that would make the name "Flash Flood" make sense. The reservoir appears to be on the bottom with the fill cap on the back/top end of the reservoir. However, all of this is pure speculation based on the name and a low-res image.

I always thought that seperate PC was for the mini-blaster instead for the main nozzle. I guess I stand corrected on that point. But still, the A3 is a prity lame blaster even with a presure tank, which is sub-standard nowdays.

Anyways, my point is that people start keeping their hopes up again this year for a Toy Line that technicaly no longer exists. They should not do that to themselves. Retail box/shelf sizes are restricted, toy safety laws are stricter and north america is economicaly not as well off as in the 90s. Forget size, forget output and forget expensive heavy cannons. There won't be a 98 CPS series anymore. Go with ebay and homemades.

While one should'nt judge a book by its cover, it is also true that if something walks and talks like a duck, it is a duck.
So prity much all I saw on the images are a gimick Blaster, recoloured vaporizer, liquidator, 3A replacement, 2 Max-D replacements and a medium sized Blaster with a narrow backpack.(I am not speculating by the way which one is the CPS, but I am simply stating what I see and I leave it at that.) While this might be a step in the right direction if there is a CPS among them, the train at the trainstation has already left.

So what if the backpack soaker has CPS(which I doubt since its a SoakerTag Elite Model), it doesn't matter. One would still get ones ass kicked by someone with a CPS3200 or a SS300.

My advice is that people should raise their standards instead of lowering them. "Only the best is just good enough for me!". Its a solid good philosphy when buying merchandice in retail. Buy old soakers from ebay or build homemades if you want the best. Buy what retail has right now if one want a Loser-Blaster. Alternatives are better time and money spend than speculating and buying 2005 models. Soaker users shouldn't bend over and say thank you when contemporary Super Soaker hands out its table scraps designs.

On the other hand, if someone wants to wait for retail, there is still last years conclusion and popular messege: "Well, there is still 2006".

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1103528230

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:18 am

There won't be a 98 CPS series anymore.

You're right. Can't be one of those for at least another 94 years in 2098. :goofy:

The reasons for the change in blaster power and output are numerous and toy manufacturers find themselves stuck with more restrictions. Giving up on them will definitely yield what is expected, I suppose making it all self-fulfilling. I'd rather not go that route. From what I can see, the 2005 blasters look much more promising than the EES series of 2003.

my point is that people start keeping their hopes up again this year for a Toy Line that technicaly no longer exists.

Uh, the toy line technically exists and only YOU have defined it as no longer existing. If fans gave up on the Transformer line during the darker era, there would have never been the new greats like the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime or Unicron etc. Hasbro is capable, if inspired, to do some pretty amazing things. The hard part is the Super Soaker division has undergone many changes in the past few years and does appear to need to find its calling once again. However, seeing potential in the 2005 line, I still think it bodes well for the future.

"Only the best is just good enough for me!".

That statement is much too oversimplistic. What is THE BEST is very personal in opinion. Some would argue the best soaker is the CPS2000 since it had the most kick or the CPS3200 since it had good kick and a huge reservoir. I, personally, prefer the Monster (2001) since it had a decent kick, but felt more balanced to me. Others prefer blasters like the CPS1000 or CPS2100 since they're lighter and easier to sprint with while still having good power/performance. The water cannons of yester-year were great, but in terms of water wars, one hit later and it really didn't matter if one got hit again since one would have already been soaked. This doesn't mean I don't like the big cannons, but it does mean I also look for good powered blasters that offer more game time when used by many. IMO, there should be high performance blasters, but nothing too powerful that would make water fights into just OHK-type games. We definitely should not be complacent if the blasters are not meeting expectations and giving the manufacturers feedback on their products. However, turning our backs on them will NOT help either side.

The older gen CPS-soakers have a limited lifetime, thus one cannot rely on eBay forever. Homemade blasters may be more powerful than any store bought soaker, but it requires more time and skill than the average user is willing to spend for their water fights. To me, if more are to get interested in soaking, the standard store stock soaker needs to be good, thus the manufacturers needs to be pushed to make soakers to meet this desired level. However, to push 'em, we need to work with them, not against.

Of course, I don't expect my words to sway those already firm in their beliefs. People do as people believe and that's fine, too. I'll just do what I do each year: get the latest blasters when I can, test 'em out, and push up my thoughts and findings onto my corner of the web here at iSoaker.com as well as firing feedback straight to the sources that be.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:43 am

...WoW wh4+ Gr34+ 204K3Rs +h023 4r3 !!11!1!11!!1half...

More soaker tag. Hurrah.
Anyway, I got the words from that Wookiee Box (which BTW does look like a Brute Shot.)

AQUAPACK DEVASTATOR:
Outlast your competition!
530(?) oz Backpack water Capacity

FLASH FLOOD:
Unleash a Tidal Wave!
2 Mode blaster for total
Soakage!

ARCTIC SHOCK:
Freeze your competition!
Ice Core helps keep water
Icy cool!

TRIPLE SHOT:
Three wasys to soak your
competition! Regular,
Wide, and Fan Blast modes!

LIQUIDATOR:
On-The-Run Supercharged
Soaking!

VAPORIZER:
Vaporize your Competition!

SOAKERTAG ELITE:
BODY TAGS
15 PIECES(?)
??? them on and blast 'em off!
Don't forget to Clean up later! ( :wacko: )
Soakertag Elite fun all summer long!

There you have it: one more year of bad blasters, that SOMEHOW Hasbro can find a positive behind.

Edited By DoubleONothing on 1103550399
SILENCE

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:59 am

Where's everybody getting these descriptions and names!?!?!?! From what I saw of Doom's pics, the pics barely showed the bottom of the box where the new soakers were, and the old box pics (from the Star Wars site) were too blurry. Can someone tell me where to find these pictures?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Triple Shot and Flash Flood. These two sound quite promising.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:10 am

The picture is one of the ones Doom found, you can just make out enough to read the writing. It is this one.