Advice / Suggestions requested

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
vittoria

Post by vittoria » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:35 am

I've had 4 Larami Super Soaker 20 pistols for ages. One by one they have bit the dust, until I now have only one that works reliably. (Two are completely shot and one works sometimes.)

I had looked to get new replacements and can't find anything like them anymore. Everything is huge with large water capacity. Can anyone suggest a similar replacement for these smaller soakers? Something of a similar size?

I was originally thinking I could just buy the Triple Aggressor and only use the little gun, but then I read that the little gun needs to be pressurized by the main gun, so that's out.

Does anything like this exist now?

(Right now I want to keep them in places around the house, since I have a new little kitten who is into everything...these soakers are the best deterent. Not powerful, but accurate.)

Thanks!

Vickie

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm

Hi there :) First off, welcome to the community. Doesn't sound like your a hardcore enthusiast... but Yes we would all be happy to answer your questions.

In regards to your XP 20s, yes they are very outdated pistols in this day and age. However there are a few guns readily available out there you could pick up. Hehe I know how kittens are, wanting to find out about the world. Yeah these small pistols wont hurt them at all, maybe just annoy them :;): The only ones I can find are here:

Here
And here

They are made by a company called "Buzz Bee Toys", and there Water Gun department is Water Warriors. These should be easy to find. if not, Im sure the other members can think of something. Again I wish you good luck, and be kind to the kitty :goofy:

Edited By Iceman on 1098033862
_

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:48 pm

She's not talking about the XP-20. She's talking about SS20s.

I would reccomend an XP-15 or 215 to replace them. Quite frankly, Super Soaker just doesn't make guns that size anymore.

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:58 pm

Thanks, Iceman. You're right. I actually do have a bunch of other styles of super soakers, some still in their boxes, but I am quite the novice in knowing anything about them at all. They just got to be much for me to bother with. (One required such pumping that I got tendonitis in my elbow...how's that for a sports injury?) These little ones are more my speed.

Do you know if those Kwik Grip Blasters are pressurized, with an accurate stream? I picked up a few cheapie water guns the other day that "looked" similar but they were the old fashion fill and squeeze the trigger styles. They only squirted like 5 feet, and the water stream was split in two. Garbage.

Thanks again.

Vickie

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:08 pm

Soakologist - You're correct, these are SS20's. Are those XP-15's or 215's still available? I didn't see these on ebay and Google only has sites where they are mentioned but not sold.

Any other brands that are similar?

Thank you-
Vickie

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:28 pm

Welcome.

I'd highly recommend the Water Warriors pistols, though I haven't handled them. Big Bee has a reputation for good guns, they should work real well. If you can find any, check out Storm pistols, of any designation higher than 500. Those are the best pistols in existance IMO.

Adrian

PS You have the distinction of being only the second female member of the water war community (that we know about). Just sayin'.
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Vittoria-
There actually are some XP-215s on eBay, however they are packaged with other water guns.
Look here
That's a Liquidator with an XP-215. Since the XP-215 was about 5 bucks retail anyway, it's almost like you're getting the Liquidator free if you use BuyItNow!

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:10 pm

Though I belive it is slightly larger, there is also the Storm 300.

EDIT: What are the other guns you have in their boxes, just out of interest?

Edited By Forceuser on 1098043902

CPS

Post by CPS » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:15 am

welcome, just to deter kittens, you don't wan't something too big, try one of those cheap plastic water guns with no pump
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:11 pm

Use an AquaSquirtz! :p

Come to thing about it, your cats would barely notice that...

The 215 or, if you can find one, 220 would be good.

PS: Who was the other girl?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:05 pm

Somebody's sister, DoubleONothing's sister I believe. The sister of some member of Iceman's team.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:13 am

Adrian wrote:Somebody's sister, DoubleONothing's sister I believe. The sister of some member of Iceman's team.

Adrian
Sailor Moon, I think. :;):
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:13 pm

Spinner wrote:
Adrian wrote:Somebody's sister, DoubleONothing's sister I believe. The sister of some member of Iceman's team.

Adrian

Sailor Moon, I think. :;):
That's her alright, was an active recruit in the old team, lets see in the new one.
_

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:20 am

I'd recommend that you buy either a pair of Liquidators or a Max-D 2000 twin pack. They have only just hit stores here in Australia recently and after picking some up I'd have to say that both have quite good performance for their size. The reason I recommended the Max-D 2000 over the larger pistols (the 3000 and 4000) is because the others are too hard to grip comfortably with one hand.

Edited By Falcon on 1099387296

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:25 pm

Hmm, I'm only the second female to post?? Should I be honored or concerned? ???

I did a quick look in the attic to see what other Super Soakers I had. I know there are more somewhere, but what I found were two water cannon ones, the kind that have the endless water supply because of the hose that feeds into your pool. We've had various other versions along the way, but they were all bigger than the SS20's that I really like as kitty deterents.
(BTW, the SS20's are much better for kitten discipline because it can be used neatly in the house without having spray shooting out sideways and all over. The stream is not strong, but it's accurate. Unfortunately, my kitten is super cat and seems impervious to water anyway.

I'll keep looking for the other guns, just for curiosity sake.

Thank you for the tips!

Vickie

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:45 pm

Hmm, I'm only the second female to post??

For the record, you're not quite the 2nd, but you are 5th or 6th tops. Females just tend not to post much in water warfare forums. I'd recommend taking it as an honour to not be 'average' in that sense, but that's just me. :goofy:

As an aside, which soakers are the ones you have that feed from a pool. Do they have 4 pressure chamber balls on the top or just behave as a large piston/syringe?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:24 am

The soakers that feed from the pool do not have any chamber balls on the top. The piston/syringe description sounds right. The box says they are "Super Soaker Water Cannon".

I am now down to one SS20 that works. Out of 4 I had one that worked great and one that worked after a few seconds of pulling the trigger. I guess that last one lost its seal because I can hear a hiss and it does nothing anymore. :(

I liked the Water Warriors description mentioned in an earlier post but the link for Buzz Bee doesn't seem to sell online.

Vickie

----------------------
As an aside, which soakers are the ones you have that feed from a pool. Do they have 4 pressure chamber balls on the top or just behave as a large piston/syringe?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:09 pm

vittoria wrote: Are those XP-15's or 215's still available?
Nope, sorry to say they've been out of production for a while now.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:20 pm

Veteran wrote:
vittoria wrote: Are those XP-15's or 215's still available?

Nope, sorry to say they've been out of production for a while now.
Actually, I saw an XP215 packaged as a bonus item with a Liquidator on ebay. This auction still have 4 days left on it; see: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....69&rd=1
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:33 am

Thanks for the eBay link. That one had gone by the time I got there, but I did find another Liquidator/XP215 combo so I bought that for $7.50. (I also bought a Star Wars Queen Amidala Super Soaker for $7, too.) Are these prices OK?

Vickie