Advice / Suggestions requested

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:07 am

I think I got my Queen Amidala pistols for $3.50 apiece, but I'm pretty sure they were on clearance. IMO, they're one of the best backup or holdout soakers possible, they beat out any Storm that size, and that's tough to do.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:13 am

I hadn't found the Queen Amidala pistol that potent, but then again, I don't like trigger-grip-based pumps. 'tis a sleek looking soaker, though; just not enough capacity IMO.

As for prices, $7.50 for the Liquidator/XP215 combo seems pretty good.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:28 am

They're not powerful guns, that's true. But its got a good stream (though small) and some nice range, and most especially, nobody's expecting A.A water warrior to use a small gun that has Queen in the title and B.They're not expecting a small gun that has Queen in the title to be as powerful as it is. :p :D

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:13 pm

Didn't I already link to eBay?!
Man, it takes a big shot to get people to listen around here.

BTW, you got ripped off on the Queen Amadalia Super Soaker. I got it for one dollar at dollar tree.

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:38 am

Hello again - I need some assistance.

I bought two Super Soakers as gifts on eBay through a seller who sells liquidated stuff of varying quality.

One was a MaxD6000. Not sure what model the other one was supposed to be, since now the image has disappeared.

The MaxD6000 arrived and I decided to test it, since the mounting tie-wraps were cut, to see if it worked. I filled the chamber with water but as I pump the front handle water is shooting out the front nozzle! Any other pressured water gun I've seen required you to pump and then press the trigger to release a stream of water. Is this one different? If so, why is there even a trigger anyway...or do I have another piece of $#^@! from this guy?

I also saw on the box that it takes some sort of batteries, though I'm not sure yet where they go or what kind. What are the batteries for?

(The other Super Soaker arrived yesterday...was totally the wrong thing. Was 34" instead of 20" and was some off-brand knock-off. Plus it was broken.)

Thanks!
Vickie :angry:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:47 am

The Max-D 6000 takes batteries? First I've heard of it...

As for your problem with the pumping, you're correct, it shouldn't fire while pumping. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember some discussion at SSC about that problem...maybe someone like Doom can help.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:00 pm

The MaxD6000 does not and should not require any sort of batteries at all. Do you happen to have any images of the soaker you bought? Does it look like this (MaxD6000) ?

As for water coming out when pumping, sounds like the nozzle valve is stuck open. How does the trigger feel when pulling it? You might be able to fix is via good ol' force by pulling on the trigger a few times while flushing the nozzle with water. Otherwise, you may have to open it to properly diagnose the problem (if it's a broken spring, lever, or other).

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:34 pm

Please tell us what colo(u)rway the Max-D 6000 is. If it's a newer version (2003 and later), you may either need to do a slight modification (to stop the problem) or just buy a new one.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:52 pm

The unit says MaxD6000, but the colors are different than I_Soaker.com's link indicates. This one is purple with a yellow water chamber. The fake tubing is black. It has a holographic MaxD on the side.

What can I try to stop the water from shooting out when trying to pressurize? (BTW, I don't see any pressurizing happening, either, which would make sense, since the water is just coming right out.)

As for the batteries, I was reading the box, which is not even for this actual unit, it seems. It's for an EES Turbine. This seller is a jerk.

I am so pissed.

(BTW, the other gun I received, which has a broken pump handle, is a Sunny Daze "Soak n' Wet" 34", which is hardly the Super Soaker In ordered.)

Vickie

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:07 pm

Was this from NetClearances by any chance?

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:27 pm

Hmm.. you got the newer color-version of the MaxD6000 from the sounds of it. I've seen the purple ones.

At any rate, seems like the nozzle valve is stuck open due to either being clogged or having part of it broken. How does the trigger feel when pulling it? In the end, you may have to open it up to figure out the problem. I assume that returning it isn't an easy possibility. Sorry to hear 'bout your bad luck with eBay sellers.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:39 pm

Those prices seem good to me. At the stores before the liquidators sold out/were given to overstock.com they were selling for $15.00. Not sure about the queen amidala one but it seems like a rip-off to me.

Edited By Crashdummy on 1101249737

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Try shoving your 6000's nozzle into the end of your garden hose, turning the pressure up to full blast, and pulling the trigger (Warning:You'll get wet). If there's a clog, that should either fix it or at least help.

Adrian

RAK

Post by RAK » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:34 pm

hahaha, this isnt the first time i've heard of soakers being kitty deterrants. i am cat-less so i've never had the pleasure of that aspect of soaking (mwahaha...)

as for your soaker woes, here is what i recommend:

go to the seller and describe the situation; broken soaker, unoriginal box, rip-off soaker (not even super soaker brand). i wouldnt leave any feedback yet since this is still a work-in-progress dispute.

just for the sole purpose of spraying a cat, i wouldn't recommend any super soaker, any storm, or any water warriors. this is where the DIME PISTOLS come in. anyone remember those? i have an image of one somewhere on my computer, i'll edit it in. i made a caption that comically remarks on its function to squirt kitties, but that's besides the point.

vittoria; i think right now your main concern is to deal with the problem between yourself and the seller on ebay, because this person will continue to sell misnomered merch to more people if no one tells him what's up. maybe you will be able to get your money back and not even have to worry about opening up the gun and making repairs (far too much work if you're just looking to spray a cat -- just use empty windex squeegies).

you're in a few different places with a few different problems right now, so let's take it one step at a time.

EDIT:

the guy in that pic is a friend of mine with the coolest mohawks ever.

Edited By RAK on 1101260767

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:48 am

Exactly. Since you probably don't know too much about soaker tech or modding (no offense intended), it might just be best if you try to resolve the dispute, leave negative feedback if necessary, and just get another gun.
If you actually do want to persue fixing the gun, PM or E-Mail me and I'll show you how to do it. I've fixed 2 Max-D 6000s this way.

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:29 am

hi - Just to clear thing up, I'm NOT planning on using the MaxD6000 or the other "missing" one as "kitty deterents." I like my SS20 for that. I found a $2 decent smallish pressurized water gun at a "$5 or less" store, which is working OK. Some brank I never heard of.
(Actually, my kitten is hardly phased at all by the SS20. When he sees it he just squinks his eyes a little and prepares to get wet. He'll keep on jumping/shredding/chewing/scratching/climbing whatever until I finally get a really good shot in. All glancing blows don't slow this guy down, it's like he's a duck.)

I bought the Queen Amidala one for the kitten, but once it arrived it looked too nice and I left it packaged.

As for the eBay seller...Yes, it is that seller. The seller has responded to a couple of emails, but always asks for the 12-digit number on the box. I send it to him and he asks for the same thing again next time.

Both guns were each only around $5, but the shipping was really high, $15 and $19 each, so all together they weren't cheap, which is why I'm not letting it go yet.

Soakologist, you are 100% right. I don't have a clue with what to do when I open these things up. Took me forever to figure out how to open up the little ss20's...only to find the seal area cracked inside...which seemed unfixable.

On this MaxD6000 that shoots as it's pumped, I'm not sure how to describe the trigger feel. It seems fairly easy to pull, then reaches some point of resistence and then it sort of clicks past that point and goes all the way back. (Each step probably not nearly as defined as it sounds when I describe it.)

I doubt he'll take this one back. I'll probably try and fix it...once I know his intentions for sure.

Thanks to everyone,

Vickie

RAK

Post by RAK » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:30 pm

the trigger on the MaxD is normally like that. it has to do with the ball valve snapping open after the "click" noise.

that seller (from my experiences) doesnt exactly sell the most quality items, but in my transactions, i did get the soaker described.

USSA

Post by USSA » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:52 pm

I payed 50 USD for a Power Pak from those people and they never sent it! They literally drive me up the wall. Perhaps we should have a warning against them on the trading page as apparently they aren't the most... how shall we say honest people.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:48 am

USSA wrote:They literally drive me up the wall.
Er...so you actually run up the wall screaming? :oo:

That's really annoying. Perhaps we should consider doing something like that. Has anybody else had experiences with them?

vittoria

Post by vittoria » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:05 am

Well, after numerous emails and two phone calls to NetClearances, they gave me some store credit. (Like I want even more junk from them, but I just can't keep dealing with this.)

I'd like some instructions to try and fix the MaxD6000 so it won't shoot as it's pumped. (remember...not an expert Super Soaker dismantler, so maybe the Repair 101 version would be nice.)

:) Happy Holidays everyone!!

Thanks-
Vickie