don't know where else to post this

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
supersoakerman
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 am

don't know where else to post this

Post by supersoakerman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:08 am

ok, don't really know how to start this but, I don't know if this guy is srs or just trolling? is it actually possible that he is srs? please help on this one
he must be srs, posting in humour because I LMAOd when I saw pikachu's reply to my comment HELP!!!!
Attachments
wtf
wtf
Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 9.40.39 PM.png (64.69 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
I've come to kick ass and drink milk, and i've finished my milk

User avatar
SEAL
Posts: 2516
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:03 am

Yeah? He's saying that even the Helix is better than the Tornado Strike. That's true, because the Helix lasts longer from what I've heard (don't know about performance differences, but I think they're about equal). I don't see what the problem is.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We'll be back...

marauder
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Clayton, NC
WWN League Team: Havoc
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:19 am

Link us to the review so we can say more bad things lol
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

User avatar
the oncoming storm
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:10 pm
Location: Knoxville Tn
WWN League Team: Havoc
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:08 pm

The helix moves more water per pump than the tornado strike, and shoots further.. but it still stinks
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Clayton, NC
WWN League Team: Havoc
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:14 pm

If you want to know how bad the Tornado Strike is, considered how bad the Helixes (Helixi?) got mauled in Thunder Gulch - not by CPS 2000s, or even 2700s, or Monsters - by an XP 150 and SS 100.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by DX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Like I said before, I tried to water part of my garden using a Tornado Strike because it needed to be "gentle" for some fragile plants. It only gets 12 shots per water mag, and I burned through 3 water mags in about 2 minutes. The garden was not even damp, you could barely tell I'd been shooting water on it. So, I gave up and got a 4100 on fan blast. One tap shot of that, did more soakage to the garden than 3 mags' worth of Tornado Strike shots. I haven't tried to use the Helix in that way, although I'd imagine it would do a little bit better with its higher capacity.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

User avatar
atvan
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: A place you've never heard of

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I think thr OP just misunderstood the comment, taking it as saying the Helix is better than the 1000.

Also, Helices, not Helixi. Not all Latin nouns are the same…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD/North West DC
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh I've heard of these guys, I actually have had a few water war related arguments in the comments section of a few of their vids. I sure as h*** hope that guy is talking about the Tornado Strike and not the 1000s. The Helix sucks and I should know! I used a Tornado Strike last year and it was worse though, the shot spreads out way too much and I think got worse range too.

And a funny thing about the clip system blasters, they actually can get you wet! In the 4th of July parade I did my usual thing of shooting water guns from the roof of the car. Two kids came up with thunderstorms and actually managed to get me mildly damp! Mind you, in the time it took too of them to do that, I had refilled my 2500 (which was empty) with some water bottles, and unloaded two full PCs on each of them. But still, I couldn't believe that I was actually slightly wet!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW
Posts: 4103
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Duxburian wrote:Like I said before, I tried to water part of my garden using a Tornado Strike because it needed to be "gentle" for some fragile plants. It only gets 12 shots per water mag, and I burned through 3 water mags in about 2 minutes. The garden was not even damp, you could barely tell I'd been shooting water on it. So, I gave up and got a 4100 on fan blast. One tap shot of that, did more soakage to the garden than 3 mags' worth of Tornado Strike shots. I haven't tried to use the Helix in that way, although I'd imagine it would do a little bit better with its higher capacity.
Because spray bottles are too mainstream. :goofy: I suppose I was never curious enough to see exactly how bad the Nerf SS's were since I could just tell they were doing their best to make them the worst.

While Nerf SS's reputation amongst the internet is appropriately bad amongst any half-decently informed groups/individuals, this is still too small to make enough of a dent IMO. A lot of comments are nostalgic in nature.
marauder wrote:If you want to know how bad the Tornado Strike is, considered how bad the Helixes (Helixi?) got mauled in Thunder Gulch - not by CPS 2000s, or even 2700s, or Monsters - by an XP 150 and SS 100.
This is part of why I've been outspoken against piston pumpers in the past and argued constantly with martianshark over them lol. Although I guess I never gave syringes/Stream Machines enough credit. I'd like to try them out in standard rounds as sidearms after what DX said in the light blasters only rules discussion, but preferably only in playing areas with natural/accessible water sources.
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Oh I've heard of these guys, I actually have had a few water war related arguments in the comments section of a few of their vids. I sure as h*** hope that guy is talking about the Tornado Strike and not the 1000s. The Helix sucks and I should know! I used a Tornado Strike last year and it was worse though, the shot spreads out way too much and I think got worse range too.

And a funny thing about the clip system blasters, they actually can get you wet! In the 4th of July parade I did my usual thing of shooting water guns from the roof of the car. Two kids came up with thunderstorms and actually managed to get me mildly damp! Mind you, in the time it took too of them to do that, I had refilled my 2500 (which was empty) with some water bottles, and unloaded two full PCs on each of them. But still, I couldn't believe that I was actually slightly wet!
Sounds a lot like they either uncapped the blasters and dumped on you, or you took a really long time to refill lol. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

scottthewaterwarrior
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD/North West DC
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs
Contact:

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm

I was standing in the sunroof of a very slow moving car. I had two 50 oz water bottles so it did take about a minute to empty both of them in. Even so, I set it on 20x and hit the first kid with twice the amount of water as his gun even held! It was a pretty hot day though and I had completely dried by the time I got to my house 15 minutes later. The did get my pretty wet latter, although that is just because a let them borrow my Vindicator while I was left with only Crickets! I should have set it to .5x, I left it on 3x! At least I could outrun the kid, but he got me pretty good when I tried to get the gun back later.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

User avatar
supersoakerman
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 am

Re: don't know where else to post this

Post by supersoakerman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 am

sorry guys, just got to reading my neckbeardy thread,

here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2K23la ... hzJtYEsOdg

talk again soon!
I've come to kick ass and drink milk, and i've finished my milk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest