Autonomous Paintball Sentry

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Fun stuff; anyone feel like making one for a water blaster? :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Autonomous Paintball Sentry

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 pm

My friend is in robotics and we were thinking of building a remote-controlled system with auto-aiming turrets, where I simply designed the weaponry. Unfortunately, we currently don't have the time, but it was something we were considering. We were thinking of putting a WBL that would load itself as well as, perhaps, a CPH.

Interesting find.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 am

As much as it'd be fun to see a water blaster mounted on a robotic system, a WBL would work, too, assuming it doesn't fire too forcefully, particularly if someone happens to be closer to the turret when it is activated. Want to soak people, not injure 'em. :goofy: However, the main problem I foresee is water and electronics don't mix too well. Then again, I don't think that sentry could hold up assuming a paintballer decided to return fire and hit the stand and/or computer controlling it.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

The_Tubador

Post by The_Tubador » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:28 pm

isoaker_com wrote:As much as it'd be fun to see a water blaster mounted on a robotic system, a WBL would work, too, assuming it doesn't fire too forcefully, particularly if someone happens to be closer to the turret when it is activated. Want to soak people, not injure 'em. :goofy: However, the main problem I foresee is water and electronics don't mix too well. Then again, I don't think that sentry could hold up assuming a paintballer decided to return fire and hit the stand and/or computer controlling it.

A plastic shield should control the issue with water & electronics. This would be very hard to pull off, as you would need equipment that can judge range, and calculate the angle of fire. The other thing is that water moves somewhat slower than paint balls (paint balls move at around 200 ft. per second?). The machine would also have to anticipate movement. A water gun would be much more complex, and in the end, much less feasible. In the end, it would never be able to match up to the ability, mobility, and judgment of a human.

It is really cool though. :goofy:
"I leave home for a few days, and look what happens." - Cortana

-Razor