Creative Water Balloon Pics - ^

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:26 am

Wish I could take pictures like these of my.. uh... targets. :goofy:

Water Balloon Pics

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:51 am

Awesome. I wonder how they/she/he did that.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:04 pm

That is so cool. My guess (and I don't know much about photography at all) is that they maybe had a video camera with a really really high frame rate and recorded before impact...
as well, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how they got the water to look like that...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 pm

The resolution's too high for this image for it to have been taken from any video camera less than $10,000. The EXIF data from this image says that it was taken with a Canon EOS 20D at 1/4000 of a second. While I'm not the photographer, a lot of top of the line DSLRs have a feature to take a lot of shots in succession. From there the image at the right moment can be chosen. I'd imagine that's how these images were taken.

High speed photos of water guns should be interesting. Someone with some good equipment should go make some.

:cool:

Edited By Ben_ on 1196823356

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:20 pm

I must admit--those are some awesome pictures! They really show a lot about what happens the moment before impact.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:48 pm

I think that I'm getting a good 35mm SLR this holiday season, however I'm unsure if the capability will be such that this is possible. The 35mm is probably going to be more for my two main photography hobbies; landscapes and cars. If I can do high-speed stuff, I'll give it a try.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 am

Get a SLR that has the B (variable shutter) feature. Most do have that. The B feature opens the shutter only for as long as the button is held down. The B feature typically is used for long exposures, but you can then buy a device that will do a very short exposure. I think there's some websites about this online because I remember reading that.

The problem with using a 35mm SLR is that film that is fast enough might be too grainy, though, you could still get a good 15 megapixels from a grainy 35mm negative, so that might not be a problem. Generally, digital performs better in low light (for example, the new RED motion picture camera can shoot at ISO 8000 while still looking pretty good). This problem can be avoided by choosing a medium speed film and shooting in a bright area, like outdoors.

I can't write much more now though because I need to take a shower.

Get into photography. It's a very rewarding hobby. Sadly my old high school is phasing out the darkroom in favor of digital photography, which makes sense economically, but I think the knowing how to use film is an important skill.

Edit: If you have any particular questions about photography, don't hesitate to post at a photography forum or even ask me. Photo forums are generally full of really great people.

Edited By Ben_ on 1196833153