Super Soakers in Doonesbury. - And an excelent quote.

Water warfare-related pictures, videos, comics, humour, trivia, fun findings, etc.
WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am

Who here saw this Doonesbury comic strip?

I thought his last line was a great quote. I've added it to my signature and made it our team motto.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 pm

hehehe.. I like that. Is this from a series of strips or was it a lone strip (basically, were there others in this series related to Super soakers)?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:59 pm

Yes and no. This was part of a continuing story in the strip, but none of the others mentioned Super Soakers.
Got to love those words: "Terrifying, but oddly refreshing."

-B.D.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Haha, I've never heard of girls playing with Super Soakers before.
Soak On!

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Then you obviously haven't met Joannaardway. She's a hard core fighter from the UK that is often quite active on the SSC Forums. I've also known a few in my past experience who were quite good. In-fact, I'm hoping to recruit one of them for my team soon.

-B.D.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:24 pm

Oh, ok.
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Whether it feels good to admit it or not, women will definitely have certain advantages in water warfare, specifically in agility and speed. While not all of them will be able to successfully battle with a Monster X or Monster XL, that doesn't mean that they won't definitely get the drop on you with a 1200 or comparable gun.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:41 pm

Agility and speed? I don't think so. ***COMMENT EDITED OUT***
Soak On!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 am

^^^Dude, that was one of the most inappropriate but strangely funniest things I've ever read on a primarily-kids-site in a long time. Let's try not to do that again, ok?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:49 am

I'm sorry about that, Adrian. It will never happen again (unless I'm really bored and I need a laugh). I'm 12, and I'm probably the youngest person on here, so I wouldn't really consider this a primarily-kids-site.
Soak On!

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:21 am

ISoaker? I believe that this is where you step in and start handing out punishment?

That was a rather inappropriate and sexist remark to make. You may well get banned if you continue doing it.

Being 12 is no excuse.

If Joannaardway saw that, I wouldn't be surprised if she hunted you down and proceeded to drown you in a deluge of water.

Edited By WaterWolf on 1186052480

-B.D.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:14 pm

Where as before I thought you (Hydroblitz) were +17-18, somewhere in there, I thought it was funny in a "He didn't REALLY say that, did he?" way, now it's just kinda sick.

Stick around though. Do your time with the MemberR access, and don't just go away. You've got some time and energy invested here.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 pm

So this is the topic...must have missed it somehow. For the record, women may never be underestimated. Some of the girls on my track team could squat around 350 pounds [a good 40 more than myself] and do the 100 meters in under 12.3. 12.3 is some serious speed for a girl, considering that none of the JV guys were able to hit that mark. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Well, although quite offensive, I think that Hydroblitz's comments give a fine example of what exactly not to do, if one wishes to be and to stay a productive member of the isoaker forums.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Adrian wrote:Where as before I thought you (Hydroblitz) were +17-18

I actually had a creeping suspicion that he was 11-12.

Hmmm. Now I see the reason that hydroblitz got banned. Isoaker, good choice. I wholly support the banning of him, and agree with the rest of you that his comments were sexist, inappropriate, and stating that one is underage is simply foolish.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:44 pm

IMO women and men are equal.

I mean... unless the woman is a track runner and the man is obese.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:27 am

I'm not trying in any way to be discriminate, but there are physical and mental differences between them. However, these are differences that balance and compliment each-other.
I have an excellent example at home.

My dad is highly unconventional and has never been one to think inside the box. However, he's mind seems to work so differently, that he cannot comprehend the way other humans tend to think about some things, and so it is often difficult for him to understand other people.

My mom used to be something of an in-the-box person, but is very good at knowing what people tend to think and why they do it.

Now, they work with each-other's talents. He has broken down the conventional thinking in her mind and she has taught him more about how to understand the way other humans see things. They also have many other balancing differences, including physical ones, but I'll leave it at this.

In my opinion, that is how an ideal relationship should be. :love:

Edited By WaterWolf on 1186223336

-B.D.