Last Stand

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Last Stand

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 am

This game type requires a good defensive position, preferably a house that's abandoned or under-construction.

Members of the defending team only have 1 life, but are given (slightly-moderately) superior weaponry, and a good defensive position.
Attackers get multiple lives, but must go back to a respawn point before re-entering the battle.

Eventually the attackers will win, but the defenders should be able to take out wave after wave of attackers.

How to Keep Score
Divide your players into 3 teams, ie 18 combatants = 3 teams of 6. One team defends, and 2 teams work together to attack. Record the number of kills the defensive team makes, and the amount of time they are able to hold out. Rotate each of the teams through defense. After each team has rotated through, compare the # of kills/time each team makes to determine a winner.

There's an abandoned house at a state park near my house in NC. I'm seriously considering trying this out over my mid tour leave. What do you guys think?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Last Stand

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:49 pm

This is a little similar to my old "Hold the Line" game, but with no time limit. I am planning to completely overhaul it soon though, and I really look forward to playing the new improved version at Downpour, across the street from Dug Hill by those awesome cliffs.

I like your idea though; this is what we should have played at last year's Downpour at the dumping area. We only would've had enough people for one assault team though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I like it; as SEAL noted, it's similar, but still different than Hold the Line.

I'd say add it to the Wiki when you have a chance!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

It reminds me of the game type 'siege' the most, though that one had less defined rules so I did it as a soak fest so it didn't work so well. Might also make since to make it so that if two players hit each other at the same time the defender wins. Otherwise my strategy would just be to charge them assuming that if we both fired at maximum range then we'd hit each other and he'd be out and I'd re-spawn.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"