Water Warfare headhunter?

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
Nitro123PG

Water Warfare headhunter?

Post by Nitro123PG » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Since the season will be starting in Iowa any day now, I've been attempting to come up with new game types in water warfare. I am quite terrible at it, so I ripped off of Halo. :goofy:

As any Halo player should know, the object of Headhunter is to have the most skulls by the end of the match. Whenever you kill a player, a skull drops from their dead body and you can pick it up. You than take the skull back to a randomized drop off point, and the skull turns into points for you.

Here's the water warfare version, my rough draft for you guys to improve upon. At the start of the match, all player will be given a number of objects to put in their right pocket, their "lives" pocket. Spread out and start the match, which will last 5-15 minutes by the way. Whenever a player gets a kill, the "dead" player will give him one of his "lives" to place in his left pocket, the skulls pocket. The dead player must also hand over all of his skulls that he has not turned in at the drop off point that are in his left pocket. The drop off point is where players can drop off their skulls, where they will become points. Skulls that have become points stay that way the whole match. Whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins. Ta-da! :cps1000: :blazer:

TacticalTyphoon

Re: Water Warfare headhunter?

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:17 am

Halo's my favourite game franchise... :P

Sounds like a good idea, but make the "skulls" in the game something easy to recognise on the battlefield - nothing too small and they all need to be the same kind of object really. For example, I'd use a small Velcro flag for each player when they "spawned", as they would have to worry too much about dropping the flag if the velcro sticks to them.

Then again, soaked shirts and Velcro....not so sure!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 pm

This makes me think of counselor hunt where we'd chase down counselors and if we caught them we got their flag (neon engineering tape). You could use that.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 pm

I, too, have shamelessly ripped off games from Halo. I was never a fan of Headhunter though, and never really bothered.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Tell us how this goes when you play it, if its good I would like to try it myself the next war I have. Maybe we could play this at Downpour, if it is good. What game I really want to be able to do in water warfare is rocket race, that is my favorite halo game type though I would rather it if it was a long track with hazards and obstacles instead of random points like they normally have it, I never get to drive ether.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Tell us how this goes when you play it, if its good I would like to try it myself the next war I have. Maybe we could play this at Downpour, if it is good. What game I really want to be able to do in water warfare is rocket race, that is my favorite halo game type though I would rather it if it was a long track with hazards and obstacles instead of random points like they normally have it, I never get to drive ether.
Take 2L rocket, attach water balloon repelling payload delivery mechanism (a way for the 2L rocket to expel the water balloon after a sensor detects imminent impact), and build a launcher for this, and you have the rocket launcher. Now the vehicles are the only thing missing. (Or one could just home and play Mario Kart.)

Invasion, 1-flag CTF, assault, and such games are amongst my favorites to rip off from Halo, though my Invasion games are also getting inspired by Rush from excessive BF3 play. I will simply call the new game "Breakthrough" and all it really is, is a multi-phase assault game.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 pm

A good friend of mine from Texas is visiting Iowa this week, and I've moved the war I was going to have in June to this Friday, so I'll try this out and let you guys know how it goes.