The Magic Flag

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

The Magic Flag

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:07 am

This is a slight play on standard CTF and on Guardian from Gears of War 2, with some mixed up spawning rules.

Each team has a designated Magic Flag. It may be moved, hidden, carried, etc. but may not leave the field boundaries. If the enemy takes your Magic Flag and reunites it with theirs (one person must reunite the Flags), the game ends immediately and the team who lost the flag loses the match.

Hit rules are standard; we go by quarter-sized solid hits.

There is no spawn point system in this game; only starting points are agreed upon when the match begins. Players must freeze in place if they are hit and may not attack. In order to return to the game, a teammate must deliver their team's Magic Flag to them and count to 5 apple to revive them (whilst also remaining in place and not attacking). Anyone carrying their team's Magic Flag when hit must drop it on the ground and freeze, but a teammate who is in play may pick it up and revive the person who was previously carrying the Flag. If the team's Flag is stationary (not being carried by a teammate), players who are frozen may not revive themselves; only a teammate can revive them.

Players who are frozen may be executed if the enemy's Magic Flag is brought on them. In this case, they are instantly eliminated permanently from the game. This is distinct from the 5-apple rule for revivals. (And the executing player can dump a bottle of water on the frozen player for humiliation.)

I realize I'm quickly and sloppily throwing down a lot of game ideas here, but its worth getting them out there. Ideas? Thoughts?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

cantab

Re: The Magic Flag

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 am

It'll need quite a big battlefield for the spawn rules as stated to work. On a compact battlefield, remaining stationary and not shooting for five seconds (to attempt a revival) will get you killed.

To help in a more compact area, I'd change it so that the reviver must remain in contact with the revivee, but may still move around and shoot.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: The Magic Flag

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Well, no game is going to work well in the average backyard with 12 people per team. The field I'm on is medium sized by my standards, and pretty small by DX's. When factoring in attendance, I usually get 4v4 up to 5v6 (I always get 5v6 instead of 6v6; weird), and our field accommodates such numbers pretty well. Cover is mostly sparse; way too sparse for my taste, but there's several areas with enough cover to be of use.

The countoff time specification is 5-apple, which is slightly lower than 5 seconds depending on how fast the player can coherently blab it out. It's a very short time for recovery if the downed player is far away from the enemy.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat