Rule Set File Type - ^

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 pm

As a general rule set is being developed, I am planning on soon posting what is agreed upon thusfar in full as an HTML page on iSoaker.com. I'm also willing to distribute the rule-set in other file types if this interests members. Would members also like to be able to download MS Word, Text File, Adobe PDF, or other format versions of the rule set as well or would the HTML posting be good enough?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:08 pm

I would think HTML is fine. I'd like to see it in all its glory!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Anyone can download the HTML and it can be easily converted to the others. However, converting the other formats to HTML is usually harder and/or often adds too much clutter to the HTML code.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:09 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Anyone can download the HTML and it can be easily converted to the others. However, converting the other formats to HTML is usually harder and/or often adds too much clutter to the HTML code.
My plan is to offer download file links to other file formats for those who don't want to deal with the HTML formatting. Though I don't like MS Word, MS Word is still the most heavily used application for word processing files. I do like Adobe PDF files, though understand that some have issues with Acrobat Reader (I'd be toast without working Acrobat reader due to my real life job). Of course, good ol' text files might be to some people's liking.

The HTML file would be there, but some might like having options. If so, I'd be curious what options some would like to see if possible.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Well, in that case...assuming people aren't just reading it in their browsers...

Definitely a PDF version, an RTF as an alternate to a DOC, and TXT if necessary. Plus Postscript, LaTEX, and all if you want real compatibility... :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:10 pm

@SilentGuy:You're right; RTF would be preferred over DOC. A PS file could be good to have, too, though probably larger in file size. I don't do LaTEX. :goofy:

In the end, it'd be pretty much a glorified text file with some minimal formatting for clarity (perhaps some light font size changes and bolding, but no fancy formatting, graphics, or multi-coloured text to keep it as clean as possible).

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:49 pm

Alright, sounds good then. I was actually kidding regarding the last two, but it's your choice if you're looking for compatibility.

I know I'll use the HTML text the most, though. However, an "official"-format PDF would be good for printing out.