New way to begin a war - Hot Landing-Zone

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:12 pm

I was assuming the 30-degree rule would help. Pretty much, from what I gather, it makes you change the pressure as opposed to the angle--so if you want to hit somebody from only 50 feet away but with an angle of 30 degrees, then you'd have to really lower the pressure a lot--or throw it if you're close enough. It would obviously help to have a regulator...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:48 am

I agree with you about not wanting to break windows, when I test this out, I'll experiment with using both "Destructible" cars and "Indestructible" cars. Personally, I like the indestructible version better, but thats just me.

And I agree that its easy to know when you have been hit, but if your using some kind of "soak level" system, where you have to hit the car with a certain amount of water, then it gets harder. Though I suppose you could just count how many balloons have hit the car and have a rule of "if you get hit with X number of balloons, the car is out" or whatever.

P.s. I like that new pic you added to your sig. :)
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:02 pm

Maybe some cars could be weaker than others. Maybe a Civic would have light armor, and a Hummer would have heavy armor.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:13 pm

That would start to become bordering on fantasy. I mean seriously, HUMMERS?
Maybe if you really wanted to go overboard, you could put a turret on the top. lol
:laugh:

-B.D.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:21 pm

As fun (from an idea standpoint) this would be, I'd seriously recommend against using larger vehicles during most water wars. It's overkill, in one sense, and potentially hazardous in another. Having players with soakers running about moving vehicles sounds like an accident waiting to happen. All it takes is one accidental acceleration or oversight on the driver's part and you've got an more serious injury. The idea of starting a war by entering a hot-zone (perhaps dropped off by an 'indestructible' vehicle) might be a fun way to begin, but apart from a short role at the start and maybe at the 'end' of the campaign, I'd leave large vehicles out.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:03 pm

@ iSoaker.com: Hmm...good point. I suppose we can't trust everybody to use common sense and stay at a distance from the vehicles. I mean, seriously--if you shoot somebody at point-blank range in the eyes with a water gun, then you're probably the type to walk in front of a car. Caution has to be exercised no matter what.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:45 pm

Exactly as I had been trying to say Isoak.

In my original idea, I planned to use the vehicles just as you said above. I thought the "Destructible" vehicle idea would make things complex and now that you mention it, dangerous.
For the rest of this topic, lets stick with indestructible vehicles from now on people.

And if people didn't catch it, I was being VERY sarcastic in the post above Isoaker's.

-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:17 pm

I was assuming the 30-degree rule would help. Pretty much, from what I gather, it makes you change the pressure as opposed to the angle--so if you want to hit somebody from only 50 feet away but with an angle of 30 degrees, then you'd have to really lower the pressure a lot--or throw it if you're close enough. It would obviously help to have a regulator...

As far as I know, no one else uses an angled shot rule. Most teams can level their launchers. We need that rule since we use our artillery as if it were just another gun-it goes anywhere on the field, making close combat dangerous if it could be leveled. Imagine groping your way through a reed patch and accidentally being nailed from point blank.

In order to hit a car, you want to level your artillery, or at least keep the angle low. That also requires getting closer and shooting closer.

My team never uses vehicles except for transportation. We could use them to try this out, but would never use them during the middle of a war. Cars are cheap enough already, plus there's no room. You'd need a huge, open area for that. Ridgewood battlefields are not nearly large or open enough to support vehicles. You'll also need a really rural area, or a town where such a thing would be cool with the police.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:20 am

You said that you're team "never uses vehicles except for transportation" well, this way of starting a battle is still using them that way, with the only difference being, that the water starts flying earlier in the game.

I have no intention of using them in the middle of a war, just the beginning to start things out.

Yes, you probably do need to have a rural battleground. Luck for me that I have on thats just about as rural is it gets.

-B.D.