Stencil's Water Warfare Rules. - Feel free to comment,edit or add rules.

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sun May 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Well, here they are:

Weapon Restrictions:
·There are no restrictions on water weaponry and how many weapons you may carry, just as long as the weapons fire water. If they can fire any other payload (darts, goo, ect.), then that payload must be deactivated for the fight.
·Although water balloon launchers fire a water balloon they are also an allowed form of weaponry.
Weapon Modifications:
·Weapons may be modified for greater output, range, etc.
·They may not do any bodily harm to anyone.
Targets of Opportunity:
·Anyone who is on the opposite team
·Anyone who bears a water weapon against you.
·Bystanders are not to be used as human shields.
·You are not allowed to shoot bystanders unless they become involved with the fight
·Shooting someone who is not involved in the fight is grounds for elimination from the fight.
Refilling:
·You are NOT immune to being fired upon if you are out of water! Have you buddies guard you and actually set up a defence around the refill area.
·You may only use clean water to fill your guns. Clean water sources include bottles of water filled at a faucet, water form a faucet, sink or hose. Unacceptable sources are puddles, creaks, the toilet or anywhere you would not want to drink the water from.
Hoses:
·Hoses are to be used for the purpose of refilling guns only.
·You are allowed to hook Quick fill devises up to your hoses.
·Under no circumstances may the hose be used to shoot people with.
·It is ok to modify guns so that they take a hose as a source of water.
Thievery:
·You may use any captured enemy weapons unless otherwise agreed upon before the fight.
·Captured is defined as:
1: The weapon is left behind in a retreat.
2: The weapon is found hidden, in a bush or another object.
3: Your team captures the enemy base and the enemy leaves weapons behind.
·It is not acceptable to take a weapon from an opponent.
·All captured weapons must be returned after the fight.
Time Outs:
·Time outs may only be called for injuries, other medical reasons, or other applicable reasons.
Applicable reasons include dissipates, or someone needing to leave, or anything that involves the well-being of the team as a whole.
It is not applicable to call a time out if you are tired or out of water.
·Any inapplicable reason that a time out is called for can result in the person who called it being banned for up to the rest of the fight.
Bases:
·Each team is allowed to create as many bases as they desire
·A base can be as little as a stash of supplies, or as big as a “fortress”.
·A team is allowed to completely take over another teams base.
Traitors:
·You are not allowed to betray your team.
·Traitors can get permanent elimination for the rest of the fight.
Covert Ops.:
·Spying on the opposing team is perfectly legal.
·Sabotaging (emptying weapons, scattering weapons, popping
water balloons, etc., etc.), gaining information is all-legal.
·You may not damage anyone’s equipment in any way.
Boundaries:
·These will be determined before the fight in a pre fight meeting.
·Boundaries can be altered later if needed.
Re-spawning:
·This section is only applicable if re-spawning is involved in the fight.
·When you are killed you must first enter a re-spawn spot before you may fight or refill again.
·Each team gets a re-spawn spot near their base. This should be an out of the way area far enough away from their base.
·There will also be other re-spawn spots that are designated before the fight.
·Nobody from either team is allowed to stay at the re-spawn spots for any length of time.
Elimination:
·These rules are only applicable if you play elimination.
·If you get hit and have a water splash bigger that about 3" in diameter then you must go back to a pre determined resting spot.
·These spots will be your bases.
·Additional spots will be added if the basses are too far apart.
·An elimination ends when all the members form one team have been eliminated.
Capture the Flag:
·These rules only apply if we are playing capture the flag.
·Each team may only have one base.
·The flag must be kept within the base.
·When a team captures the enemies they must return it to their base to score 1 point.
·The team that captured the flag is then responsible for returning it promptly to their opponents.
·When returning the flag no hostile exchanges may happen.
·It is acceptable to pass the flag on to another teammate.
·If you are shot you must drop the flag. It is now free game for anyone from either side.

Feel free to comment, edit or add rules.

:soakon2:

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:11 pm

Don't you think its a tad bit harsh to ban somebody from a war because they called an unnessary time-out?
Yeah its annoying, but I think it would be better if they got a warning or somthing before being banned.
Other that that, great set of rules. I will probably use some of these in my 'begining of summer' war.

Thanks!
:cps2000: :soakon2: :cps2500:

Edited By Speedbeetle06 on 1148876211

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon May 29, 2006 5:03 am

Don't you think its a tad bit harsh to ban somebody from a war because they called an unnessary time-out?

Not really.

When your a sniper, like me, and you've found the greatest position, then a time out is called, you get really ticked off.

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 29, 2006 1:13 pm

In Ridgewood, we have it so only commanders can call time outs, and only for a handful of reasons. Unncessary time outs do not exist because they are not allowed in the first place.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon May 29, 2006 1:16 pm

Well what if there's an injury and there is no commanders to be there?

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 29, 2006 5:11 pm

We do not send individual scouting missions further than sight distance from another team member. We made that mistake in our second battle in 2004. This originated as a method of countering ambushes and not for safety, but it works extremely well for safety as well.

However, the chances of your scenario happening are extremely remote, along the lines of winning the lottery. At least one commander on both sides carries a whistle, so we can stop the battle from over a half mile away from the location of an injury if we have to. The radios can be used to communicate this to other parts of the team if we were really spread out. However, our battlefields are all under 2 miles in length and under a half mile in width, and teams rarely send one person alone further than a couple hundred feet.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:16 pm

I think you should change the one about not using the hose on someone me and my were having a soakfest with cricket pistols but it ended up my friend spraying me with the hose and me dumping gallon jugs and thats what made it fun.

Under no circumstances may the hose be used to shoot people with. yuck!

Edited By kylemw9 on 1151698729

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:27 pm

I hate hoses in battles. They should only be used in soakfest, and for filling soakers.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Anti-hose tactics can be extremely devestating, so effective that you can thoroughly soak a hose user without getting so much as a drip of retaliation. Being handed a hose to fight with is a death sentence if the enemy knows how to fight against a hose. Most common garden hoses can shoot about 30ft. So you step on a part of the hose so that it can't be extended further, then blast the user to the stone age from out of their range. When several people gang up on a hose, the hose user may be the only one that gets soaked.

If people were actually smart, hoses would have been rendered obsolete weapons long ago. :p

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:33 pm

what kind of anti hose tactics are there when your gun's out of water and your two feet away from the person?

Edited By kylemw9 on 1151706839

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:39 pm

You run away and fill somewhere else...you should never have gotten that clsoe to a hose anyway. 2 feet away!?

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:45 pm

like I siad I was busy empying gallon jugs and (smiles) turning off hose's.EDIT hey I ansered my own question turn it off

Edited By kylemw9 on 1151854327