New Rules Draft

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm typing up a rules list that is more comprehensive than our others, since most of our rules are understood orally/implied and are not actually written down. Somewhat of an expansion on the "5th season rules and regs" list. This is not meant to be a rules list to be handed out to players, this is for team reference due to the length. and specific details.

[Sections I-VIII are for Standard 1HK Lives]

Section I: Powers of Commanders

1. The powers of commanders cannot be regulated or restricted unless agreed upon by all commanders present

2. All commanders have the power to enforce rules and enact punishment

3. A war is not to take place unless at least one commander from each team agrees to a place and time

4. In case of an emergency, 3 long whistle blasts can be used to signal the other team. This action automatically stops play until the matter is resolved

5. Commanders are to keep score, and honestly.

6. Commanders may promote or demote other players, including to/from the rank of commander

7. Any commander may call for a halt in fighting at any time, which will either be accepted or denied by any commander of the other team. There has to be a legit reason for pausing the battle, such as an emergency or kill dispute

Section II: Behavior

1. Timeouts may not be called unless agreed upon by both teams or if there is a real medical emergency [minor scratches don't count]

2. No one is allowed to fake an injury for any reason

3. A player is vulnerable to be hit at any time during a war [A hit on a refilling player is perfectly legal]

4. No Physical Contact/violence is allowed. Violation of this rule automatically stops play and the offending player may be asked to leave. Play does NOT resume until problems are settled

5. All players must obey decisions of their commanders

6. All players must admit when they have clearly been hit

7. Players have the right to dispute a kill if it is not clearly a kill. This action automatically halts gameplay and both teams must meet to "parley" and work out the dispute. Gameplay does NOT resume until a kill dispute is resolved

8. Players may not betray their own team or switch teams during a battle. Players are also not allowed to switch teams during the fighting season

Section III: Kill-Related Rules

1. A direct hit anywhere on a player's shirt counts as a kill

2. A fist-sized spot anywhere on a player's shirt counts as a kill

3. Players can not take off their shirts

4. Purposeful friendly fire does not count

5. Accidental friendly fire does count

6. Water to the shirt from rain does not count

7. If you fall in a body of water and your shirt gets wet, that does not count

8. Leaking water from a gun that gets on your shirt does not count

9. If you shoot yourself in the shirt, that is considered suicide and counts as -1 against your team's score

10. A team can have a negative score

11. Players have a 2 minute grace period after being hit. They may refill and leave the area during that time. After 2 minutes, dead players are considered respawned and are back in play

12. Opposing troops can not "camp" a spawn area and must give "dead" players at least 200 ft of breathing room, when physically possible

13. If live players are in the vicinity of a dead player, clause III-13 does not apply

14. If a whole team is eliminated, they get a free refill in any neutral territory [Example: You can't pass the enemy to refill in an area behind them that they control at the moment]

15. Shields are banned. Any mobile item that blocks a shirt is considered a shield. Backpacks and guns are not shields

16. Kills made before a battle officially starts and after a battle officially ends do not count

17. Players have infinate lives

18. 1 kill = 1 point, team with the most points at the end of the battle wins

Section IV: Possessions

1. Any backpacks or other gear of anyone on any team can be raided at any time. All items must be returned after the battle has ended

2. Damages are the responisbility of the person who took or damaged the possession. They must replace the item

3. Supply caches are fair game and clause IV-2 does not apply to them

4. Fortifications of any kind may not be dismantled by either team. They may only be destroyed via combat action, aka via water gun streams

Section V: Technology

1. There are no restrictions on modded guns, homemades, water launchers/cannons, or water balloon launchers. As long as it shoots water, you can use it

2. The "45 degree rule": Water balloon launchers may not be fired at an angle lower than 45 degrees. However, there is no limit to how much pressure can be used

3. Clause V-2 does not apply to Water launchers/cannons, at least not yet

4. Commanders are to enforce safe use of artillery and are responsible for all launchers

5. Players may use as many guns as they can carry or cache, regardless of size, class, etc

6. Players may paint their guns and make repairs on the field if necessary

Section VI: Water Supplies/Filling Up

1. Players may cache or bring in an unlimited amount of water

2. Players may refill from any source they find, as long as it is water and water only. Streams, ponds, puddles, water fountains, bottles, jugs, any of that containing water is legal

3. Hoses are not available and therefore can not be used. No player may enter a private house next to/on a battlefield [not even your own] for any reason, including to refill

4. Water splashed on the shirt from refilling does not count as a kill

5. Players may fill water balloons from guns if their nozzles support it

Section VII: Non-Combatants

1. Recognized Non-Combatants are cameramen, observors, civilians, and pets

2. Non-Combatants may not hold any kind of weapon, shoot any weapon, interefere, or interact with combatants in a way that gives one or both sides advantages. [You can talk, but that's it]

3. Non-combatants can not be hit or score points. Shots at non-combatants do not count, and shots made by non-combatants do not count either

Section VIII: Boundaries

1. Boundaries are drawn up by the host team's commanders. A war can not start until both teams are informed of the boundaries if they are not already known

2. Going out of bounds accidentally may result in automatic kills of the player involved

3. Going out of bounds purposefully [AKA CHEATING] may result in an automatic forfeit by the team whose player performed the act

4. The host team is obligated to warn the other team when they are approaching an out of bounds line

Section IX: Amendments for Other Game Types

1. Amendments replace Section III and all of its clauses, and Section III ONLY

2. Amendments to Section III can be made for any game type that can be thought up

Section X: Amendments for 1HK Scenario-Based

1. Clauses III-1-17 remain in effect

2. Winning 1 scenario = 1 point, no matter how many kills are made. Kills do not score points

3. A scenario must include a defensive and offensive task, and a time limit must be specified

4. The offense is successful if they drive the defense away or kill the whole defensive side within the given time limit

5. The defence is successful if they hold out or kill the whole offensive side within the given time limit

Section XI: Amendments for 1HK Team Elimination

1. Clauses III-1-8 and 15-16 remain in effect

2. Shooting yourself in the shirt is a suicide, and you are out

3. There are no points. If you get hit, you are out for the game. The team which takes out the entire other side wins

Section XII: Amendments for 1HK Every Man For Himself Lives

1. Clauses III-1-8, 11, and 15-17 remain in effect

2. There are no teams. Players can not gang up one one person, unless it is unplanned and uncommunicated

3. 1 Hit/kill = 1 point, the player with the most points at the end of the war wins

Section XIII Amendments for 1HK Capture the Flag Lives
Section XIV: Amendments for 1HK Capture the Flag Elimination
Section XV: Amendments for 1HK Every Man For Himself
Section XVI: Amendments for 1HK Protect The VIP
Section XVII: Amendments for 1HK Territory Lives
Section XVIII: Amendments for 1HK Territory Elimination
Section XIX: Amendments for Soakfest
Section XX: Amendments for Regional Wars
Section XXI: Amendments for Guests

Will finish this later ^

Edited By Duxburian on 1148789342
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri May 26, 2006 5:23 pm

Lots of good rules and ideas here as well as in Maddermadcat's thread. It's nice to see these rule sets being written out. I'd like to potentially develop a slightly more generic rule set that takes a lot these ideas into account, but is organized slightly differently to first cover the most basic principles of water warfare followed by more details on how to set-up a more organized event.

This stuff is great, though! I look forward to seeing their developments.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 9:17 pm

I'm typing up a rules list that is more comprehensive than our others, since most of our rules are understood orally/implied and are not actually written down. Somewhat of an expansion on the "5th season rules and regs" list. This is not meant to be a rules list to be handed out to players, this is for team reference due to the length. and specific details.

I phrased that ^ very badly. By "our" I meant the local teams, since this is not meant to be a universal across the board standard. This is meant to be a revision of our current rules, which tend to be understood and implied, but not actually documented. The 5th Season Rules and Regs [which is not online] is not a complete set of all of our rules we've thought of over the years. The draft I am working on here is to be comprehensive on all of our local games. If accepted, the rules stated there would become our local standard set, which could be amended, but wouldn't have to be changed each year, and would be implemented in our regional war.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sat May 27, 2006 3:35 am

Nice rules.

^_^

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sat May 27, 2006 1:29 pm

Yeah, Ithink those look pretty good, you are going to add , more right? Cause You COULD hand that out to individual players, it doesn't take that long to read... as long as you're not reading it on the battlefield ;)
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat May 27, 2006 6:23 pm

Awsome rules. Im gonna try to convert my wars to use those rules!
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Yeah, Ithink those look pretty good, you are going to add , more right?

I'm going to add a LOT more. Every rule we go by, whether stated, written, or implied.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:48 pm

All the clauses and stuff about water from refilling, leaking, dripping, etc. basically may be boiled down to this (right?):

"Kills = Water in forced projectile motion in any form, i.e. fired stream, water balloon thrown or dropped, etc."

Edit: Late post, I know, you'll have to pardon me.
Oh, duh, and Nice rules.

Edited By LtDan64 on 1149814349
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:43 pm

It is better to say what does not count than what does count, since we have a habit of inventing and/or using new methods to get kills.