Water War Game Rules Creation - Interested in helping create one?

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.

Rule Book Creation - Interested in helping create one?

Yes, I want to help!
38%
No, not interested.
No votes
Maybe, if I find the time.
63%

Total votes: 8

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:15 pm

Just a quick little poll that'll help me decide something. Basically, back on WaterWar.net, we had started trying to come up with various all-purpose and specfic-purpose guidelines and rules for water warfare that members can use as a good framework and adjust as necessary for their own local games. However, the idea behind having discussed rules as well was that if groups were ever to get together for a cross-county/state/province/country match, a general set could be agreed upon prior to starting a game or even a tournament.

Magnor is the first member in awhile to show quite avid interest in creating a rule set again and I definitely like and hope to encourage a rule set development.

If there is enough general interest in helping out, I plan on creating a separate forum for water war game and tournament rule set discussions. In the end, I hope to create two (2) sets: one all-purpose set of guidelines and an 'Official iSoaker.com Tournament' rule set since there are some rules I'd definitely want included though I also know many would find them too restrictive for general water warfare.

Feel free to post other questions, comments, or concerns below.

:soakon2:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:51 pm

Hmm.. the results thusfar don't suggest much interest in developing rules much farther than currently exist on various sites and threads. I'll leave this poll open a few more days to see if it has just been overlooked or whether this is just not the right time for the project.

:cool:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:27 pm

The only problem I see with creating "general rules" is that most would prefer to use their modified local rules. Also, Regional War hosts would again probably prefer a set of local rules that reflect their experiences, rather than having to modify a general set.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:34 pm

Use the rules as a general idea for the games and modify them for your skill level and i would like to help if i have the time.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:18 pm

I voted "Maybe, if I find the time." I'm always around, it just depends on what's on my plate at the moment, so to speak.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:36 pm

Al least nobody voted no. That means it's possible.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:53 pm

Indeed. And a general rules system could be modified or whatever for individual use, just like a template. It would be cool if we could make water gunning into a nice little sport, unstead of a hobby. I mean with places to play at, rent guns, ge them fixed, sorta like paintball at close range (and with streams of water).
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:06 pm

I think I'll be creating a forum for this tonight. I expect it to take some time to work out a good set of rules to be used as a template, but it'd help. The forum would also serve as an area for known water warfare game descriptions as well (and as an info source for the Games articles section on iSoaker.com).

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:21 am

This poll has served its purpose as is now closed, but left viewable.