Help with a 1HK - ^

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
Dacca

Post by Dacca » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:28 am

later on this year i'm planning on holding a massive 1HK CTF. i'm still working out all of the rules and when i'm done troubleshooting everything i'll post it on the boards. one problem that keeps comming up is the issue of 'what is a hit?' due to the way the game is played it works as a 1HK game, but with such a wide range of soakers being fired for various ranges, angles and whatnot it could get tricky to clearly define what a hit is. i was wondering if anyone else had such problems when they play 1HK and any feedback would be awsome. Right now I have it that a clean, solid shot to the torso is a hit. my main problem is if a shot from long range or a smaller soaker hits but with only a few drops (still a clear hit from the shooters POV but because of the water involved it doesnt look like a hit to the target). That and the splash radius of a water balloon (used to represent gernades) may hit someone, but not hit their torso. so yeah, any feedback would be awsome. thanks guys.
:soakon2:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:46 am

You're asking the one question that there's still a good debate over at times. That's why Hasbro came up with the 'SoakerTag' scheme. While I don't like the actual tags themselves, the idea is good (i.e. a target that must be hit/blasted off such that there's no subjectivity in determining whether someone has been soaked).

The 'full torso' hit is a good idea. For dealing with longer-ranged, only a few drops hitting shots, well, it'd fall into a similar realm as a 'glancing' shot, IMO. Perhaps you can state a certain amount of the shirt must get wet for it to be counted as a true hit.

The related problem to OHKs is ensuring those who have been eliminated accept their elimination and don't continue to play. Just depends who you are playing with and if you have any referee-type people who can help enforce game rules.

You can also potentially opt to use a device to verify hits (a simple, single piece of 2-ply toilet paper attached to a shirt by a pin or two can be a cheap target device that can be used to quickly show whether one has been hit by a stream or not).

Good luck with your game and let us know details and/or rules and guidelines when you've drafted them out more. I'd love to see what ideas you end up coming up with.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: