Water Game Guide - ^

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:34 am

Over the next couple of months, I'd like to put together a better organized water warfare game guide for distribution off of iSoaker.com. What I'd like to do is take the current game descriptions, add in more detail and information where necessary, then update the specific pages as well as create a downloadable PDF file containing a listing of all the games in a nice booklet format perhaps including diagrams and such. I'm also open to adding in new game types if anyone here plays another version or type of game that isn't already listed.

Here's where the membership comes in. If there are those willing to help out with this project, I'll be more than happy to include their names/aliases in the acknowledgements in the guide book as well as on the specific game pages they helped edit and/or create content for.

Here's a breakdown of the general steps for this process:
i) new forum set up specifically for this project - forum will be closed once the project is completed or left open if desired for future reference. Each thread in the forum will be for one game type. Those wanting to help can post in their thoughts, etc. into the threads. Those with new game ideas can create threads as well for discussion.
ii) Game threads discussed until most are more-or-less content with how the particular game is being described. Once this point is reached (or once I'm happy enough), a thread will be marked as completed. Additional replied to a completed thread will be frowned upon unless they are brining up something of significance.
iii) As each game thread is completed, the corresponding page in iSoaker.com will be updated.
iv) Once all game threads are completed, a tentative layout of how the games will be organized in the booklet will be proposed. Layout to be discussed with the membership
v) Once layout is more-or-less agreed to, the booklet will go into generation process. Hopefully, shortly after that, I'll be able to provide the completed PDF file complete and ready for download.

Anyhow, that's my thought on this project for now. What do you guys think?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:00 pm

I think its a good idea, it might spark some interest and get more people into water wars. One of the game types I'd like added would be the territories game type played out in one of the Isoaker fan stories.

Edited By Veteran on 1090526526

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:28 pm

Yeah, that territories game is neat. Drafting out rules for that would be good.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:10 pm

I could make a basic rules set if you want. :cool:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:10 pm

Veteran wrote:I could make a basic rules set if you want. :cool:
If you're up for it, go for it!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:09 am

For future game-related posts, please use the newly created Soaker Games forum in the Articles section.