Water Warfare Gear and Misc Equipment - Non-soaker equipment

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
Croc

Post by Croc » Mon May 15, 2006 6:07 am

I would normally bring water balloons, and some things like backpacks full of random stuff, but since I'm probably going to get a CPS 3000, I would not be able to bring my backpack, as I would have the CPS 3000 backpack and my Aqua pak on my back

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 11:38 am

I usually bring:
WW Double Hornets (Yes, I hold them both at the same time. Coolest thing ever.)
Backpack:
Backup gun(s)
Bottles of Water for refills

That's usually it. I sometimes bring Walkie-Talkies and water balloons.
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Fri May 26, 2006 12:43 pm

I just bring a gun and some water.

A knife!?!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:39 pm

A knife!?!

They don't mean to use it for bad just to fix soakers at short notice on the field. :p

I usually bring a soaker(camoflage Flash Flood) and somtimes an XP-70 for back up(just in case I'm tempted to use the riot blast :angry: )
:soakon:

Edited By Speedbeetle06 on 1148794524

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:36 pm

Since the only water fights I've been involved in are the typical in-the-yard fights, I carry WBL's sometimes, otherwise I carry 2 water bottles in my pockets.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 pm

While i know it has been a while since anyone has posted here, i thought it would be a good idea to since there had been several requests on how to make smoke b0mbs, although i maybe quite ignorant when it comes to most soaker related things, i know ixplosives.

Now about the smoke b0mbs, i have been quite tempted to try this becouse smokes b0mbs are freakin awesome, and could be QUITE useful in a airsoft battle, i have never accually done this, so be careful. This is one of the most simple b0mb reciepes i have come across, if you can get ahold of the correct ingredients. so here is the reciepe just as listed on another site, as to lessin the chance of my paraphrasing missleading you. NOTE: i am not entirely sure the legality of this b0mb, so please do not get caught with it.

"Smoke B0mbs by the Jolly Roger

Here is the recipe for one heckuva smoke b0mb!

4 parts sugar

6 parts potassium nitrate (Salt Peter)

Heat this mixture over a LOW flame until it melts, stirring well. Pour it into a future container and, before it solidifies, imbed a few matches into the mixture to use as fuses. One pound of this stuff will fill up a whole block with thick, white smoke!"

Here is the small print on that page

"The creator of this page and any links it may lead to hereby takes no responsability or liability for anything that happens as a result of reading anything on this page or anything contained in subsequent pages. Users read at their own risk. It is NOT reccomended that the user do anything described in this and subsequent pages. Doing so may result in serious trouble, arrest, injury, and possibly deportation or death. Thank you."

now to make sure you know, becouse my words above may mislead you, this is not a accual ixplosive b0mb, it should just make smoke, but theres no telling what the courts may call it. you really shouldn't be at ANY risk making/using/possessing this smoke b0mb, but you should still try to keep from getting caught with one. just a word or warning, i am basically saying, use some commen sense, dont go flaunting and lighting it infront of a police officer.

i really would like to try it sometime, but i had trouble locating salt peter, i didnt look too hard, but the local small ACE didnt seem to have it. but that was almost a year ago.

Hope you guys have fun with this reciepe.

NOTE: recurring mispelling intentional for reasons listed in post below

Edited By TrueAce on 1157816237

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:01 am

This is interesting, I don't have any Potassium, but I was looking on google and its pretty cheap stuff. I might try this out sometime next year.

One safety question though, is it harmful to breath the smoke?
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:37 am

Breathing in any smoke is bad for you, but im pretty sure that this is as safe as any if not safer. i mean, its made from sugar, and potassium nitrate, which was original used in WWII, they would put it in the troops food, becouse for some reason, and this is just what i learned from my dad and the history channel, they thought that the salt peter would keep the soldier's "Captain Johnson" from "Standing In Attention". i sure hope you guys get what im saying cuz i would really like to not say it any other way lol.

So in summary, it is made from 2 types of material both that have been used in cooking, so i would assume, if you can eat it, there shouldnt be any problems breathing it other than the fact that... your still breathing in smoke.

Edited By TrueAce on 1157729881

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:21 pm

I would be careful about posting such words as "bomb", "bomb recipe", and "explosive bomb". Especially terms like "non explosive bomb", which can become "explosive bomb" rather easily to a tapper. Information on isoaker.com, like many other sites, is sent to a place [cough NSA cough] where it legally shouldn't. Soaker Media and SSCentral actually have it worse, at least it appears that way when you run a tracert query on the domains. It would be good to distance these sites by avoiding targeted words.

Anyway, I would think that potassium nitrate would be rather hard to obtain. It would look pretty bad if you walked into some store and bought a sizable amount of it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:55 pm

Look right here:

http://www.skylighter.com/mall/chemicals.asp?Sort=P

Cheap and in sizable quantities.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:51 pm

Oh wow...nice prices! I have some pyro friends who will definately want to check that out... :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Yeah, I've seen this before. It was nice to post it, though. It'll keep people from asking.

Saltpeter can be found in some Pharmacies. be careful when heating the stuff. I think it'll sometimes shoot hot smokebomb at you, but I'm not sure.

I would NOT eat this mixture. Heating it is causing a chemical reaction, completely changing the properties of the substance. I'm a chem wiz.

Edited By Rook on 1157743920
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:46 am

alright i may of worded that wrong, in no way did i mean that the mixture is edible, lol. i was simply saying that if each properties has been used in cooking, when combined and burned, your not going to get poison mustard gas. i meant that while you should not inhale any type of smoke, this is mixture is not toxic. hopefully that cleared things up, but just to make sure,

DO NOT EAT THE SMOKE B0MB, USED FOR MAKING SMOKE ONLY, NOT FOR TIDING OVER YOUR IN BATTLE HUNGER NEEDS!... freakin bring some triskuites if your that desprate. geesh.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:51 pm

A lame idea, IMO--I would neither want to be in a battle where this is used, nor would I think it would be entirely legal. As you said, use common sense--which would tell me to not use it at all. Nice recipe, though, and it would be more useful in airsoft or something as you said.

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:58 pm

I carry Glucose sweets for energy, a backup Helix, 3 full Super Pump bottles (1 for drinks & 2 for refills) My spare bipod, walkie-talkies, Bioculars, small flags to use as markers, smoke bombs (from Guy Fawkes) & lighter if I have some, rope, bandages, and a machete & scabbard if it is forest combat.

Edited By Leroy on 1186264975
from Chickensarefluffy's photobucket

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:31 pm

I carry my guns. Usually 2-3 of them. Sometimes backup water in 500ml+ bottles.

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 am

Also you should carry bin liners to fill with water and use like a mega water bomb.
from Chickensarefluffy's photobucket

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Well, being in the middle of a laid-back condo complex with a bunch of paranoid amish people, I dunno if I'd be able to get away with using those homemade smoke bombs.

Nonetheless, stuff like that would be a MAJOR help in my fighting style. As a ninja tool, you don't really get anymore useful than that in a water war. Maybe if we could make something like a mist bomb... Just anything to help reduce visibility. =/

Edited By Evangel on 1193011378

Jim likes SS's

Re:

Post by Jim likes SS's » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:18 am

Leroy wrote:Also you should carry bin liners to fill with water and use like a mega water bomb.
One tiny little problem... bin liners have lil holes in the bottom. ( I dont know if they do in the US, but they do here.)

-Jim
Armoury:

Flash Flood [everyone's got to start somewhere :)]

Soon to include:

Arctic Blast
Sneak Attack
Aquapack