Favorite Camo

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.

What's Your Favorite Camo Pattern?

Real Tree
11%
US Woodland
67%
Marpat Woodland
11%
Marpat Desert
No votes
3 Color Desert
No votes
6 Color Desert
No votes
ACU
11%
Tigerstripe ACU
No votes
Tigerstripe Jungle
No votes
Multicam
No votes

Total votes: 9

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Favorite Camo

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 am

What is your favorite camouflage pattern? Perhaps it lets you blend in better than other patterns, or maybe you just think it looks downright badass. Either way, what's your favorite?

Real Tree

US Woodland

Marpat Woodland

Marpat Desert

3 Color Desert

6 Color Desert

ACU

Tigerstripe ACU

Tigerstripe Jungle

Multicam
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Re: Favorite Camo

Post by atvan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 am

My brown and green flannel shirt has been pretty effective…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am

I don't know, I was going to see about buying some surplus military camo (how much is a shirt and cargo pants anyway?) but at Downpour my brown/black/light grey tie-dye t-shirt worked pretty well. As far as the choices selected go, I like the US woodland one, though that is the only one I really know what it looks like.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:00 am

I have an extra BDU jacket or 2. If I was going to this year's war I'd just give it to you. I may not be able to make it at the war, but I am seriously contemplating holding another Vermin War in May when I'm home... you'd all be invited.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 am

My brother has pretty much all of the above except for the Tigerstripes I believe.

I'd say my favorite is Multicam. It's more colorful and multipurpose, though for woods (which is many of the water wars) I'd probably end up preferring Marpat woodland.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 pm

I can't see the ACU picture.

I chose US Woodland, since it's the kind I use, and I like it. Real Tree is nice, but it would only be worth the extra money if the area you fight in matched it perfectly. US Woodland will work in pretty much any forest area.

I wonder if anyone will vote for desert camo. :goofy: Has anyone ever had a water war in the desert?
M4 wrote:I am seriously contemplating holding another Vermin War in May when I'm home... you'd all be invited.
Oooh... This May? I need to work something out with my parents. We were talking about going down there to help my uncle move to his new house, but I think that was in June... I'll bring the subject up.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Where does your uncle live? I am guessing the people out in places like California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona... would find desert camo useful sometimes.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:51 pm

He lives near Charlotte. I doubt I'd be able to come, but I'll talk to my parents anyway.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:55 pm

I voted US Woodland for similar reasons as Seal. It's simple and cheap, but it works in this area. I actually have used 3 color desert at the Crescent Forest before. When we had the Reed Hill fort and used the mulch mounds, you wanted to wear lighter colors.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 pm

SEAL wrote:He lives near Charlotte. I doubt I'd be able to come, but I'll talk to my parents anyway.
If you end up visiting Charlotte next year or whatever and want to get together, let me know. My sister goes to school there, and I have several friends living there who would be more than happy to let me spend the night.

Multicam works GREAT here in Afghanistan. It would also work really well for the edge of a field, kinda like that first picture with the real tree camo. It works pretty well in woodlands too, though the more verdant (?) the forest, the more you're going to want to use a woodland or jungle camo.

Honestly, I like US Woodland most just because I think it looks the most hardcore. It works well, but it just feels right. Can't stand ACUs.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm

O.o Vermin War? Maybe I can make it my birthday present. :goofy: When I get exempt from all my finals.

I liked the old avatar better.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 am

Actually now that I think about it I want one of those camp suits that are like wearing a big TV screen, your opponents look right through you!

You all say US woodland is cheap, how cheap are we talking here, says the guy that just spent $320 on LEGOs! :lol:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 pm

I would have voted for ACU if I could see it.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:44 pm

If you already know what it looks like then why does the pic in this thread have to work.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Because I voted for Marpat Woodland, and then looked up ACU later.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:49 am

I voted Realtree. All of my rl camo stuff is that style and I can do a dandy job disappearing when I need to- though in all honesty it isn't just the camo that lets you disappear...

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

Jeffman3 wrote:I voted Realtree. All of my rl camo stuff is that style and I can do a dandy job disappearing when I need to- though in all honesty it isn't just the camo that lets you disappear...
Of course you have to have good hiding spots too. But camo helps a lot. DX and my ambush spot at Downpour wasn't really that great, but our camo helped make up for it. They didn't see us.

What were you alluding to with your ... you should elaborate on your techniques.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm

The Shadow knows… HAHAHAhahaha…
Beware the Purple