A spigot which ties your water balloons for you...

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
wetmonkey442

A spigot which ties your water balloons for you...

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Just saw this on Gizmodo. Seems like a pretty handy way of tying a lot of water balloons fast. Surely someone here can invent a homemade solution to save me from buying this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxr-vTc8 ... dded#at=39
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: A spigot which ties your water balloons for you...

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:07 pm

I've seen stuff like that before, but never quite figured out how they worked enough to come up with a homemade solution.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Obese_Panda

Post by Obese_Panda » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Haha cool idea! But is it really reliable because it might just be better sticking with your hands. Great Idea but does it really work every time like that? Thanks Though! :cps2500:
Goooo Red Sox!!!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 pm

I saw that in the ads on SSC. It probably could be made out of wood or something.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

It sure looked like he was using two hands. :goofy: (yes, that is my favorite smiley ever)

You could make that out of 1/4 inch PVC easy. The hard part is getting the 1/4 inch PVC.

The hose filles the balloon. The loop makes a loop. You put the end in a groove, and slide the loop over the end, making a knot.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

I know people don't really like it when some one revives an old post, but I just noticed that this one was here and figured I'd mention that I have one and it works well. The tying part does anyway, the button used to turn on and off the water is plastic and likes to pop off with pressure, an easy solution is to just glue it down and attach a metal valve upstream from it. When it is modded like that, you can be tying a balloon in under 10 seconds, 5 if your good.

Again, sorry for reviving an old post, but I figured some people might be interested on weather it worked or not.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I got one a few days ago, and I still need to practice more with it because it takes about as long for me to use one of these as it does to tie with only my fingers. That said, it seems to be a lot more of a reliable solution to tying balloons, especially in the middle of a water war. I can fill up a balloon with the blaster, and then tie it with this.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:25 am

There is nothing wrong with reviving an old post, so long as you have something new to say about it. It's great to hear that you guys like it. I may buy one myself. Combine this with a VHS or whatever it's called, and you got yourself an all in one filling system.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 am

It would be interesting to see a special nozzle for an APH or nozzle modded gun with a attachment like this.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:27 pm

CA99 wrote:I got one a few days ago, and I still need to practice more with it because it takes about as long for me to use one of these as it does to tie with only my fingers. That said, it seems to be a lot more of a reliable solution to tying balloons, especially in the middle of a water war. I can fill up a balloon with the blaster, and then tie it with this.
Is it OK to do that? I thought that the back pressure might damage the gun. I'm less sure now that I have taken it apart, but I thought that filling balloons with a blaster might have been why my Vindicator's trigger broke.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:29 pm

I doubt It would damage a normal blaster, let alone an APH.
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 am

It's not really "back pressure", just the normal pressure exerted within the system. You're not increasing the pressure in the system by shooting into a water balloon. It's no different than holding your hand in front of the nozzle to stop the stream of water.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Is it OK to do that? I thought that the back pressure might damage the gun. I'm less sure now that I have taken it apart, but I thought that filling balloons with a blaster might have been why my Vindicator's trigger broke.
Damaging the blaster that way is simply not possible under almost all circumstances. The water balloon merely slows down the flow of water, but if the water balloon created too much pressure, water flow would simply stop; it wouldn't even reverse but even if it did, that still wouldn't damage the blaster. (Think Super Charger.)

So say I attached a fully pressurized CPS 2000's nozzle to the XP 270's nozzle and sealed it perfectly. If I pulled the trigger on both, the CPS 2000 would charge up the XP 270 to the point where it hits the PRV and starts shooting water into the reservoir. The chance of damaging anything is extremely low even in this case unless the XP 270's reservoir is completely full and the cap is closed tightly. Super Chargers and Monsters are designed to do this, though they do have additional pipes and places for excess pressurized water to exit. Otherwise, the pressure will exit through the PRV into the reservoir.

The triggers are independent of the pressure system and have nothing to do with how water moves through it. There is no possible connection between the trigger breaking and the filling of a water balloon that I can think of.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 am

OK, after taking it apart a week ago I was less curtain, looked to be rust related, but I still wasn't sure if filling balloons with it could have been a factor. But I guess not, good to know because now I can start doing that again.